Ohio State Winning A Championship.....

IMO quite a few B1G schools are heading the right direction (finally) to be consistently in the Top 25 - Mich, PSU, Minn, and maybe Nebraska if Riley is the right hire. These four teams with good coaching and a couple good recruiting classes have solid potential. Nebraska is not far off and really could have beat a very good USC team. Jury is still out on Indiana but I like their coach - they just cant get talent to come to IU. Now Iowa and Illinois need to get their coaching figured out.

To me, the teams that are there or headed in the right direction are:

OSU

MSU

Wisconsin

Michigan

PSU

Minnesota

Nebraska

That's half the conference either in good shape or headed there. That is a very good base to build around. Now, if teams like Maryland, Iowa, Indiana, Rutgers can up their game, it all helps the conference in so many ways and thus helps Nebraska even more.

IMO quite a few B1G schools are heading the right direction (finally) to be consistently in the Top 25 - Mich, PSU, Minn, and maybe Nebraska if Riley is the right hire. These four teams with good coaching and a couple good recruiting classes have solid potential. Nebraska is not far off and really could have beat a very good USC team. Jury is still out on Indiana but I like their coach - they just cant get talent to come to IU. Now Iowa and Illinois need to get their coaching figured out.

That's half the conference either in good shape or headed there. That is a very good base to build around. Now, if teams like Maryland, Iowa, Indiana, Rutgers can up their game, it all helps the conference in so many ways and thus helps Nebraska even more.

Yes and no. A more competitive conference helps our reputation as a competitive conference, but our 10 - 3 champion will not make it to the playoffs.

Next year a half-dozen mid-tier teams will defy expectations and beat a seemingly dominant, talent-laden, well-coached Top 5 opponent.

This prediction is based on the fact that it happens every single year.

There is no reason Nebraska can't be one of those teams. It was a statistical oddity that Bo Pelini didn't pull off an upset in his seven years here.

We don't have the horses yet to do real damage for an entire season, but we have to take the field every game knowing we belong there.

I also liked Ohio State's strategy of losing four turnovers and winning by three touchdowns. Nebraska needs to do more of that.

• Fire 3

I wish I could hear my office with these scorching hot takes. But they might ignite the walls

The pac 12 will miss Harbaugh at Stanford and Oregon will not like USC coming back to full strength. That league will balance out a little with USC joining the elite again. If you look at the big picture the B1G is sitting pretty good.

Had to check the date on this post to make sure it isn't 2010 again.

Impact of Harbaugh leaving Stanford is not a thing you see overnight. I think Stanford has taken a step back and it is not as good as they were when he left. It is looking like they have lost a little momentum. If you dont think USC getting to have a whole class of recruits to fill their cupboard wont make a difference you are wrong. They had 53 schollies this year and they have talent to burn. It is a matter of time until they get rolling again. Oregon has benefitted from getting some great recruits out of cali that would usually end up at Troy.

Yes and no. A more competitive conference helps our reputation as a competitive conference, but our 10 - 3 champion will not make it to the playoffs.

If that happens it happens. I would still rather have that than having a one loss team maybe not get in because they get absolutely no respect from anyone outside the conference.

10-3 conference champions don't happen very often in the power 5 conferences. Almost always there is one or two teams that are really good that maybe have one loss. Even in the amazingly all powerful SEC there were undefeated and one loss teams at the top.

Having all these teams really good does't mean all of them will be dominant all in the same year. There typically will be one or two that are really good and 4-5 that are good and having a slight down year.

The trick for the conference is that hopefully we will win multiple NCs of the next 10 years but it be several teams that win them. Unless, of course it's Nebraska ....then I want every single one of them.

SEC won 7 straight titles. Yes, Ohio State won the title, but Ohio State is a member of the Big Ten, so the Big Ten won the first CFP title. Why can't people agree with that?

Because 7 straight among multiple teams is a league effort.

Until another Big Ten team wins the playoff next year this was a solo effort by the Buckeyes.

SEC won 7 straight titles. Yes, Ohio State won the title, but Ohio State is a member of the Big Ten, so the Big Ten won the first CFP title. Why can't people agree with that?

Because 7 straight among multiple teams is a league effort.

Until another Big Ten team wins the playoff next year this was a solo effort by the Buckeyes.

So we need to win won next year then?

I am gonna bet that recruiters use conferences as recruiting tools:

The chance to play in the SEC is touted as high-visibility every Saturday and a pipeline to the NFL

The chance to play in the Pac-12 offers a more wide-open game for players of certain talents, and vacation destination at most campuses.

And if a recruit is known to be considering a team in another conference, I have no doubt a Pac 10 or SEC recruiter would try to portray the Big 12 as a conference in disarray, and the Big 10 as a dinosaur, being left behind by the current college game.

Ohio State's win is nothing but good for Nebraska.

• Fire 3