Ohio State Winning A Championship.....

This whole thing started with the demise of the wolverweenies. Their program crapped out and was lost. The past 20 days have been a perfect storm for the Big Ten, something the ACC cannot say with their FSU title.

Pitt, Cuse, Wake, BC, UNC, Duke, NCST, GIT, Louisville and UVA aren't supposed to compete for National Titles.

Clemson is borderline but at least they have one and the Big 3 are VaTech(who is down), Duh U(who is down) and FSU who just got back.

What Big Ten teams have seen over the past 10 years is that one team doesn't give the conference respect.

December 27th. PSU, who is getting healthy and getting over 15 years of poor coaching and under-performing, won their bowl game and is having a good recruiting season.

December 27th. Nebraska lost their bowl game by 3 to a team that is considered a preseason top-10 team in their own backyard. A new coaching staff is coming in that has a lot of success playing spoiler to really talented USC teams and will be able to recruit better in Lincoln. I think most people say that Corvallis, Oregon is the most difficult big conference location to get recruits to

December 30th. Jim Harbaugh, who is considered by most the third best coach in college football joins the conference.

January 1st. Wisconsin with an interim old AD beats one of the brightest minds in college football and a school that was at one point the #2 team in the country.

Sparty beats the Big XII champ in their backyard. End the season losing only to the top 2 teams

OSU goes into the deep south and beats the #1 coach in the country with the #1 team in the country.

January 12th. OSU wins the National Title after beating the #1 and #2 teams in consecutive contests.

I think the Big 4 are in pretty good coaching hands and when you include UW and Sparty then we have a pretty good Big 6 that looks better than any other outside of maybe the SEC.

• Fire 6

This whole thing started with the demise of the wolverweenies. Their program crapped out and was lost. The past 20 days have been a perfect storm for the Big Ten, something the ACC cannot say with their FSU title.

Pitt, Cuse, Wake, BC, UNC, Duke, NCST, GIT, Louisville and UVA aren't supposed to compete for National Titles.

Clemson is borderline but at least they have one and the Big 3 are VaTech(who is down), Duh U(who is down) and FSU who just got back.

What Big Ten teams have seen over the past 10 years is that one team doesn't give the conference respect.

December 27th. PSU, who is getting healthy and getting over 15 years of poor coaching and under-performing, won their bowl game and is having a good recruiting season.

December 27th. Nebraska lost their bowl game by 3 to a team that is considered a preseason top-10 team in their own backyard. A new coaching staff is coming in that has a lot of success player spoiler to really talented USC teams and will be able to recruit better in Lincoln.

December 30th. Jim Harbaugh, who is considered by most the third best coach in college football joins the conference.

January 1st. Wisconsin with an interim old AD beats one of the brightest minds in college football and a school that was at one point the #2 team in the country.

Sparty beats the Big XII champ in their backyard. End the season losing only to the top 2 teams

OSU goes into the deep south and beats the #1 coach in the country with the #1 team in the country.

January 12th. OSU wins the National Title after beating the #1 and #2 teams in consecutive contests.

I think the Big 4 are in pretty good coaching hands and when you include UW and Sparty then we have a pretty good Big 6 that looks better than any other outside of maybe the SEC.

6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy

December 27th. Nebraska lost their bowl game by 3 to a team that is considered a preseason top-10 team in their own backyard. A new coaching staff is coming in that has a lot of success playing spoiler to really talented USC teams and will be able to recruit better in Lincoln. I think most people say that Corvallis, Oregon is the most difficult big conference location to get recruits to

QYzNls3.gif

• Fire 1

I like your thoughts.

Since ESPN is claiming OSU is SEC team north - maybe we'll see sideline shrubs in the horseshoe like every SEC stadium and the OSU fans will have to waive those gay pom poms and be like SEC fans

We would need to find some synthetic shrubs and you forgot cowbells...lots of cowbells.

Since ESPN is claiming OSU is SEC team north - maybe we'll see sideline shrubs in the horseshoe like every SEC stadium and the OSU fans will have to waive those gay pom poms and be like SEC fans

Well you've already got the latent homophobia down, you're well on your way to being an sec fan!

First off congrats to tOSU for a brilliantly played and executed game. Great win for them and great win for the Big Ten. To come back from losing Miller, losing to VaTech, losing Barrett and finishing off a 3 game run where the 3rd string backup QB wins a conference title, playoff game against Bama and a National title is pretty damn impressive.

Now, I agree. This win doesnt give Husker fans any reason to gloat. Sure we are in the same conference. Yet we play in a different division and never saw them on our schedule this year. Common opponent Wisconsin blew us out then got shut out by tOSU. I was cheering Ducks last night as I think they have been one of the most consistent teams of the last decade and a title was long overdue. I feel more allegiance to Scott Frost than I do anyone at Ohio State, we are still the new guys in this league after all. That game felt like watching Nebraska in Madison this year. All the opportunity in the world and the talent to pull of the win but failed miserably to stop the run and execute in the red zone.

Still it would be great for the conference to go on a run and build some mystique for our new home. Perception can be reality and this could go a long way towards saying our league will not be kicked around any longer by the media. Hope this has a positive effect on our perception in the long run but it did very little for us in Husker Nation save for shutting up an SEC fan for a few months.

Four turnovers doesn't equate to a brilliantly played and executed game.

First off congrats to tOSU for a brilliantly played and executed game. Great win for them and great win for the Big Ten. To come back from losing Miller, losing to VaTech, losing Barrett and finishing off a 3 game run where the 3rd string backup QB wins a conference title, playoff game against Bama and a National title is pretty damn impressive.

Now, I agree. This win doesnt give Husker fans any reason to gloat. Sure we are in the same conference. Yet we play in a different division and never saw them on our schedule this year. Common opponent Wisconsin blew us out then got shut out by tOSU. I was cheering Ducks last night as I think they have been one of the most consistent teams of the last decade and a title was long overdue. I feel more allegiance to Scott Frost than I do anyone at Ohio State, we are still the new guys in this league after all. That game felt like watching Nebraska in Madison this year. All the opportunity in the world and the talent to pull of the win but failed miserably to stop the run and execute in the red zone.

Still it would be great for the conference to go on a run and build some mystique for our new home. Perception can be reality and this could go a long way towards saying our league will not be kicked around any longer by the media. Hope this has a positive effect on our perception in the long run but it did very little for us in Husker Nation save for shutting up an SEC fan for a few months.

4 whoopy turnovers. Thats 4 bad plays out of the process of a whole game, which as it turns out, had ZERO effect on the game whatsover, except for keeping it closer than it ever shouldve.

When you turn the ball over 4 times and still win going away in relatively dominant fashion on both sides of the ball, it's even more credit to how well you execute.

Did you even watch the game?

Urban Meyer might agree with you, but few others.

Given that those four turnovers barely threw Ohio State off rhythm suggests they were even better than the final score. Against a heavily favored team.

If you don't give them "brilliant" at least give them "dominant." It was pretty impressive.