Ron Brown Following Bo to Youngstown

Mavric

I wish RB the best. He was a good coach and I will always have a certain amount of respect for most of what he did for NU. It does not surprise me that he was not held over to the new staff, but (for me at least) that is not a reason to point fingers to Eichorst or Perlman (unless someone prove otherwise). I don't believe that his off-field politics had anything to do with this either. MR wanted "his guys" and thats ok and quite typical. Most of the new head coaches around the country will do the exact same thing. This doesn't mean that MR or NU thinks that RB is not a good coach or don't respect his contribution to NU over the years. It doesn't mean that there is spite between the administration and RB, or that he prefers Bo over NU.

Awesome interview by Brown on 1620. I strongly suggest giving it a listen.

I can't at work, any way you can give a rundown of the highlights?

Check out the podcast later when you have time. it was a 25 minute conversation, and as Benning would say "there's a lot in there".

OK, listening on my phone and I have to say... I'm glad he's gone. Thanks for your efforts and good luck.

• Fire 3

Awesome interview by Brown on 1620. I strongly suggest giving it a listen.

I can't at work, any way you can give a rundown of the highlights?

Check out the podcast later when you have time. it was a 25 minute conversation, and as Benning would say "there's a lot in there".

OK, listening on my phone and I have to say... I'm glad he's gone. Thanks for your efforts and good luck.

Interesting.

Why so? Not gonna talk down to you, but i'm just curious as to your stance. Because me? I'm not GLAD, but I get it. I understand.

I'm surprised Brown would want to continue working with Bo. Must be a lot there that I just don't see. Which pretty much describes the whole situation from the get go anyways. Behind the scenes Bo was supposedly this great person. Not many of us ever got to see behind the scenes, he never/rarely made that good guy image public, and the behind the scenes stuff we did get was pretty remarkably scumbag type of sh#t.

I like Coach Brown, I wish he would've been given an opportunity to stay, but I'm gonna trust Riley's judgment on this one. Good luck to Coach Brown. If he enjoys Bo spitting in his face, I guess I've heard of stranger fetishes.

I'm surprised Brown would want to continue working with Bo. Must be a lot there that I just don't see. Which pretty much describes the whole situation from the get go anyways. Behind the scenes Bo was supposedly this great person. Not many of us ever got to see behind the scenes, he never/rarely made that good guy image public, and the behind the scenes stuff we did get was pretty remarkably scumbag type of sh#t.

I like Coach Brown, I wish he would've been given an opportunity to stay, but I'm gonna trust Riley's judgment on this one. Good luck to Coach Brown. If he enjoys Bo spitting in his face, I guess I've heard of stranger fetishes.

Ron himself admitted to creating tension. That right there is 3 strikes considering the direction we're trying go in in not just football, but throughout the entire dept.

• Fire 1

I like Coach Brown. He's always struck me as a good coach and seems like a class act. That's why I don't get how he could tolerate working with Pelini for so long or even consider following him to his next gig.

Somehow he's willing to be a part of an organization led by someone whose public behavior is completely at odds with what Brown believes and preaches about. He's willing to tolerate Bo using extreme profanity, exhibiting horrible behavior, and creating a poisonous and extremely negative culture...so long as he is allowed a public stage to preach from. That strikes me as remarkably hypocritical.

So I'll wish Brown well as he moves to his new job. He contributed a great deal to the team and the players he mentored. But there have been aspects of his behavior that I found to be inexplicable.

• Fire 6

With any working relationship, there sometimes is just things the outside doesn't necessarily see. Take TO and the Bobfather as an example. Their personalities were almost polar opposites. I'm sure Brown got to see things quite a bit differently with regards to Bo that your everyday fan like me didn't.