Ron Brown Following Bo to Youngstown

Mavric

Not one holdover from Bo's staff.

Charlton Warren & Willie Jones. Warren's only been here for a year under Bo, but Jones has been here for seven-ish.

We have found the future scategoats. :cop:

Hey Q, I tried to send you a PM just now but you can't receive messages. (Maybe mailbox is full?) Anyway, here is the PM:

You ever play fantasy golf? I signed up on Saturday for a yahoo league administered by a poster on thesandtrap.com. Missed the first week and a half. But I figure that's no big deal since there are 36 weeks in the PGA year. The yahoo info is:
League ID: 1602
Password: thesandtrap
Or you can google: TST Fantasy Golf 2015

/end thread jack

edit: Turns out it was my mailbox that was full. So I did some housekeeping to empty it out a bit.

Guys from Bo's staff fallowing him to YSU. Is it any different then Guys from Rileys staff coming to NU with him. NO but since they are fallowing Bo everyone has to hate it.

Man, it's pretty messed up those guys are just walking away from a field and not planting it or anything.....

• Fire 1

There's a little snippet of that column by Sipple where Brown admits, in his own words, that using Nebraska Football as a platform to promote his religious beliefs caused some tension. Now are we or are we not tired of all the tension? This is Ron's admission. This isnt speculated heresay.

Yea, I think Brown's baggage was a big factor. Very well could have been a mandate from on high that Brown wasn't retained.

There's a little snippet of that column by Sipple where Brown admits, in his own words, that using Nebraska Football as a platform to promote his religious beliefs caused some tension. Now are we or are we not tired of all the tension? This is Ron's admission. This isnt speculated heresay.

Yea, I think Brown's baggage was a big factor. Very well could have been a mandate from on high that Brown wasn't retained.

This. I'm wondering if Eichorst had a little input here.

This. I'm wondering if Eichorst had a little input here.

Or Perlman. There was more than football to look at here.

• Fire 1

Guys from Bo's staff fallowing him to YSU. Is it any different then Guys from Rileys staff coming to NU with him. NO but since they are fallowing Bo everyone has to hate it.

It's quite a bit different, actually, as most of Riley's guys followed him to a better gig. Bo, on the other hand, took a big step down to FCS and Brown is the only coach that followed. And he's a guy who has no aspirations to climb the coaching ranks. This move was 100% Brown being loyal to Bo (for whatever reason), with maybe a bit of spite for NU administration thrown in.

It was probably as simple as Riley had a whole list of guys in mind for his offense staff.

He only needs one holdover to have "a little continuity" and it's clear what Warren brings: loose ties to Bo era, recruiting effort. Brown was well known as a guy who could recruit well but did not want to go on the road (to make time for ministry, I think). That simply wasn't going to fly here. Even Read is being sent out.

As for feeling like his religious beliefs made him unwanted, I'm not surprised Brown feels that way. I do think he could have learned a new offense, too, but so can others who are on board with the recruiting grind.