Ron Brown Following Bo to Youngstown

Mavric

NOTE - I split off a bunch of posts to a new thread in the Politics & Religion forum. You can find that thread HERE.

In this thread we're going to keep the discussion focused solely on Ron Brown as a football coach. Discussions of Coach Brown's political & religious views need to go to the other thread.

This wasn't an easy split, and some discussions may have bled over. I tried to keep the football stuff in this thread as much as possible, with the caveat that it was often hard to separate Ron Brown the Coach from Ron Brown the religious man.

• Fire 1

Not one holdover from Bo's staff.

Charlton Warren & Willie Jones. Warren's only been here for a year under Bo, but Jones has been here for seven-ish.

Funny story about Willie Jones. I ran into him downtown, he looked familiar and with the Husker gear I presumed coach. We had just hired on a new O Line coach and for some reason, I asked him if he was John Garrison. He gives me a "you're crazy" look and says, "Man, Garrison's a white guy!" In my defense, I was super tired and I really don't pay attention to race. And I had never seen a picture of either Jones or Garrison.

Yeah, he's so new to the staff that I forgot Charlton even worked for Bo. I don't think I've even heard of Willie Jones.

I went to college with Willie Jones. I could see him say that he's a funny guy

The guy in the N polo freaking out is Willie he's an assistant strength coach

qBFtZZ3.jpg

• Fire 2

He was totally cool. He was a little surprised, but I think he got a kick out of it.

Also, I edited your post to put that picture in. I rehosted it on Imgur so we could have the big size pic. Shows Willie in all his excitable glory. :D

I never heard. Did Gregory kill that kid?

No his shoes were still on. That's how you can tell, if their shoes fly off, they're dead.

• Fire 2

I like Coach Brown. He's always struck me as a good coach and seems like a class act. That's why I don't get how he could tolerate working with Pelini for so long or even consider following him to his next gig.

Somehow he's willing to be a part of an organization led by someone whose public behavior is completely at odds with what Brown believes and preaches about. He's willing to tolerate Bo using extreme profanity, exhibiting horrible behavior, and creating a poisonous and extremely negative culture...so long as he is allowed a public stage to preach from. That strikes me as remarkably hypocritical.

So I'll wish Brown well as he moves to his new job. He contributed a great deal to the team and the players he mentored. But there have been aspects of his behavior that I found to be inexplicable.

OH yea cause Bo is the only coach to do that.. lmao.. lame.