Who's Leaving?

Mavric

Burtch was a pretty solid contributor two years ago. Didn't catch a lot of passes but he was on the field a lot. He should be in the mix this year assuming he's fully recovered.

Reilly is said to be one of the fastest guys on the team. I also think he'd be on the field a lot if healthy.

Not saying that means anything about what could happen to their scholarships but I think both will be in the two-deep next year and I'd say that's scholarship-worthy.

Perhaps this is the part being missed?

Riley also said he did not know of any Husker roster changes since the start of the spring semester. The last players leaving the program were linebacker Courtney Love and tight end Greg Hart, but those were both known during Holiday Bowl preparations.

OWH

Kind of grasping at straws and it's unclear how the exact exachange went from the transcript but it would leave open the door that there was some attrition before the semester started. If that's the case, we should know when spring practices start - assuming they're still open to reporters.

Not quite the same but I didn't realize so many had already left:

Of the 32 defensive players Nebraska signed to scholarships in the 2011-2013 classes, 15 are left. #huskers

7 of 14 have left from 2013 class already. (Gregory declared for NFL). And, to be honest, I could see more departing from that class.

Can't see Foltz and Gangwish not getting schollied again. The other 3 are iffy. Reilly has been hurt a lot, Burtch is steady but not sure scholly worthy, and still not sure how Fyfe ever got to 2nd string.

I thought once you earned a scholarship, you kept it for the duration of your playing career. So are scholarships based on a year to year basis?

Can't see Foltz and Gangwish not getting schollied again. The other 3 are iffy. Reilly has been hurt a lot, Burtch is steady but not sure scholly worthy, and still not sure how Fyfe ever got to 2nd string.

I thought once you earned a scholarship, you kept it for the duration of your playing career. So are scholarships based on a year to year basis?

No, they are currently year-to-year.

• Fire 1

ok, thanks

Do you know any that were pulled (the next year) at NU?

Barry is the only one I've heard who has had issues but he claims he's fine now.

The only one I can think of is Turner not getting a medical hardship.

Saw someone on another board speculate that perhaps some of the walk-ons who got scholarships last year (Fyfe, Burtch, Reilly, Foltz, Gangwish) would not have theirs renewed.

Burch was looking to becoming a major contributor when he tore his ACL. He is a big kid with good speed.

I saw Fyfe play in high school several times. I don't believe he has looked very good in mop up duty but I believe he is a very capable back up.

Burtch doesn't get the respect he deserves. The kid is a baller. A damn good receiver.

If he is supposedly leaving the team, does anyone know why? Is there anything out there about how his knee healed up, is it an issue? I hope this is just a rumor that doesn't end up being true because I think this guy has a future as a true possession-big body WR type of guy.

Burtch doesn't get the respect he deserves. The kid is a baller. A damn good receiver.

If he is supposedly leaving the team, does anyone know why? Is there anything out there about how his knee healed up, is it an issue? I hope this is just a rumor that doesn't end up being true because I think this guy has a future as a true possession-big body WR type of guy.

I don't think there is speculation on that he is leaving the team. I think people are wondering if his scholly was a 1 year thing or a rest of his career.