Who's Leaving?

Mavric

Mav, forgive my ignorance but who are are the 2 that are leaving already? (or have left?)

Courtney Love, and the safety Singleton.

I think Terrell Newby is a real possibility, especially if it becomes obvious that Wilbon has jumped him on the depth chart. Other than that, any 5th year senior that does play much is possible (and hopeful).

Other names:

Gladney, Sam Cotton, and any upperclassman safeties that might be behind Gerry, and Alexander....

Thanks
Greg Hart is also gone.

It's possible Darlington will never take a live snap because of his propensity for concussions. I believe he's had 3 overall, and 2 bad ones in 6 months before coming to NU. I do applaud the staff for giving him a ride and honoring their offer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a medical in a year.

Ganz was talking the other day like Leroy and Gerry would be here. No longer a coach but still.

Gerry just tweeting about getting everyone lifting tomorrow. Pretty sure he's still here.

Alexander has been tweeting more in the last month. Haven't heard anything about him not being back but he doesn't give any indication that he's not coming back.

And with the commitment of Ober, we're now at 20 commits and very likely at least two more. Gunderson had said a week ago that the number was 19 but there have been questions ever since about whether that included the four early-enrollees. Really looks like it doesn't now.

There almost has to be at least a couple guys that the staff already knows are gone.

Do you mean he meant 19, plus the 4 early enrollees, for 23?

That's significantly different.

I kinda hope it's not a QB who leaves. We don't have one in this class and I'd like to see all the ones on hand go through a year in the new offense, see who rises, etc. It's an important position and it's really hard to say what we have right now.

Site for scholarship distribution: http://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-scholarship-distribution

Right now the class is at 20. Add Talan and Paulo and it's 22. I think that's the max we take

Subtract 4 (early enrollees) and add it to the 72/85 total to get 90/85, 5 scholarships over

I'm guessing Darlington, Bondi, Sutton, 1 O-lineman, 1 WR, or 1 DB could get cut.

How about Boaz Joesph. That dude is buried on the depth chart and I don't think it'll get thinner.

Yeah, this would be a possibility. Especially with the guys coming in behind him if he slips any more.

With the scheme and mentality i would be surprised to see too many that will leave esp on D. The new attitude and scheme could open up alot of opportunities for guys who couldnt get into games b/c of Bo's complex read defense.

Site for scholarship distribution: http://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-scholarship-distribution

Right now the class is at 20. Add Talan and Paulo and it's 22. I think that's the max we take

Subtract 4 (early enrollees) and add it to the 72/85 total to get 90/85, 5 scholarships over

I'm guessing Darlington, Bondi, Sutton, 1 O-lineman, 1 WR, or 1 DB could get cut.

Are we in the SEC? I didnt think we could cut players?

Do you mean he meant 19, plus the 4 early enrollees, for 23?

That's significantly different.

I kinda hope it's not a QB who leaves. We don't have one in this class and I'd like to see all the ones on hand go through a year in the new offense, see who rises, etc. It's an important position and it's really hard to say what we have right now.

Yeah, that didn't seem to be what Gunderson meant when he said it but apparently something else started to make the media question it. But we're at 20 now and could get two more today. So it almost had to be what Gundy meant.