Who's Leaving?

Mavric

No way in Hell a nutritionist at NU is passing out prohormones that can be detected in a urinalysis

That nutritionist might not have known - not everyone comes from a naturally strong family.
I would guess that every nutritionist working for NU knows all the banned substances or could find out very easily. Doubt whatever he took came from a university employee.

I wouldnt be a big fan of guys who earned a schollie having it "taken away" the next year.

I think there is something else at play if it be someone choosing not to play football anymore or transfer... thats my assumption.

Agree.

Happens, especially with HC changes. Also, i really thought Bo gave them out too easy to some walkons.

I dont mind the ones given when the guy has proven himself as a large contributor for an extended time. Also understand them given to seniors that have contributed if have them available to give. But, I wouldnt be against giving them for a year to help deserving players out for a year with the understanding they may be taken away in future years if needed for betterment of team.

No way in Hell a nutritionist at NU is passing out prohormones that can be detected in a urinalysis

That nutritionist might not have known - not everyone comes from a naturally strong family.
I would guess that every nutritionist working for NU knows all the banned substances or could find out very easily. Doubt whatever he took came from a university employee.

Bingo, the kid bought some prohormones and pissed positive for anabolic. Any nutritionist that dabbles in anabolics can give you plenty of supps that won't show up.

Does any one know if cotton is on course to graduate this semester? He might want to leave for UNLV

Or he could stay at NU because he was #2 in the depth chart, played extensively when Carter was hurt, and Riley likes to use his TE's in his offense.
might not be number two next year with Snyder coming in and freedom coming off a redshirt. Just making a suggestion on a possible transfer

The logic on Cotton leaving is actually the real #2. He's not going anywhere. He'll finish as a Husker.

not saying he will for sure will transfer, just saying it wouldn't be that far fetched to think he might. Sorry thought this thread was for speculation on possible transfers.

Cotton isn't going anywhere...I'll be really super surprised if he does. He's legacy here.

hope you're right if he can block as good as Ben cotton he could complement a pass catcher like carter well.

Here's my thoughts on possibilities of transfers:

- Cotton - Dad is at UNLV, 2nd or 3rd on depth chart. Barney indicated his son might have trouble sticking around without family there.

- Bondi - 5th year senior who hasn't won the field goal kicking job yet. Could transfer if he gets his degree by May or after summer 1.

- Alexander - he was suspended last year for performance enhancing meds/drugs. Will Riley keep him on with his track record? Will he show enough change to stay?

- Thurston/Whitaker - One of these two (can't remember which one) was doing well and then went down with a season ending injury and got buried on the depth chart. Last year he came back and still didn't make the 2 deep... will he stick around?

- T. Newby - he is suppose to be the best RB behind Abdullah but with Taylor back stronger than ever and a new system, if he finds himself at 3rd or 4th string coming out of spring will he leave after May?

- AJ Natter - never saw any playing time. Was buried deep on the depth chart. If Riley doesn't have him in the 2 deep after spring I think he goes.

- Glenn Irons - players said tolbert was night and day ahead of the other NO WR's in this class. You have to think Irons may never see playing time at Nebraska with his small size and lack of standing out. I haven't heard anyone mention his speed since he's been on campus and that was the one thing that got him to this level.

It would not surprise me to see any of these guys leave after spring ball. You have to think there will be a few who do not feel like they fit Riley's system or who don't feel they will see playing time with this new staff and who choose to look elsewhere.

Cotton: Interesting one I had never thought of. I wouldn't like to see him go as he isn't a terrible TE. Also growing up/living in Lincoln I just don't see him dropping everything for a year at UNLV.

Bondi: I think he is gone. Not to be rude, but I think its best for both parties.

Alexander: No way he is gone, imo and no way I want him gone. Word from inside the program, was indeed, there was a mess up by the nutritionist in supplement ingredients and OK'd something that wasn't actually OK. Heard Bo was not real pleased with the nutritionist.

Thurston/Whitaker: I believe you are thinking of Whitaker as Thurston played and actually started the bowl game due to injuries. Whitaker tore his ACL earlier in his career then retore this fall camp. That is hard on a guy, wouldn't blame him for hanging them up if he would decide to.

Newby: I don't see him leaving. He does have a RS year which would make it easier for him to do if he did decide to. I think he is a better back then some give him credit for.

Natter: Interesting one, imo. I had been waiting to see if anyone else brought him up. He has fought injuries/not made a move on the depth chart during arguably the weakest time for DE. We are only getting deeper/stronger there. Be interesting to see if he can make a move.

Irons: Way off, imo. Of course Tolbert was night and day ahead as Irons missed all August/part of Sept. He was really moving up the depth charts last fall. Ganz said the other day on the radio that he had just been moved up to the "#2's" and was probably going to have his RS burned and play when he tore I believe his menicus (spelling?). Ganz said he is a small guy but has elite speed and will be a good weapon in the future. Ganz talked A LOT about his speed. He said Tolbert has size you can't teach and will be a real weapon, but in HS Tolbert ran almost strictly flys and corners and just out sized/jumped people. Mentioned he hadn't worked much/at all on route running/route concept knowledge and is still working on the in's and out's of that.

• Fire 2

Bondi seems like the most obvious guy to lose his scholarship, if needed.

The guy MIGHT be the kick-off guy.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't hear to much whining from players and fans nationwide about Nebraska pulling a scholarship from a 5th year kicker who never won a starting job. He has had 4 years on scholly to earn a degree, Nebraska doesn't owe him any favors. He actually owes them after his motorcyle stunt last year. Luckily, Brown was able to do an adequate job booting it.

I'm all for taking his scholarship IF we need to.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone is still on the new huskers.com roster. (http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=22&SPSID=4&DB_OEM_ID=100)

There are bound to be guys who are not happy with their position on the post spring depth chart who will head out.

Maybe....Maybe not.

At this point there are only two options: Guys leave or scholarships are not renewed. There has to be at least three of those in some combination.