Who's Leaving?

Mavric

Burtch doesn't get the respect he deserves. The kid is a baller. A damn good receiver.

If he is supposedly leaving the team, does anyone know why? Is there anything out there about how his knee healed up, is it an issue? I hope this is just a rumor that doesn't end up being true because I think this guy has a future as a true possession-big body WR type of guy.

I don't think there is speculation on that he is leaving the team. I think people are wondering if his scholly was a 1 year thing or a rest of his career.

I see. Thanks.

I think Burtch and Reilly are both good players who deserve their schollies. It just seems if we are talking about walk-ons who might not have had theirs renewed, the WR scholarship numbers are quite high. Mav's spreadsheet had it at 12, right?

I still kind of favor the theory that Spring practice will open and we'll find out a few guys have already left.

Does any one know if cotton is on course to graduate this semester? He might want to leave for UNLV

Or he could stay at NU because he was #2 in the depth chart, played extensively when Carter was hurt, and Riley likes to use his TE's in his offense.
might not be number two next year with Snyder coming in and freedom coming off a redshirt. Just making a suggestion on a possible transfer

Here's my thoughts on possibilities of transfers:

- Cotton - Dad is at UNLV, 2nd or 3rd on depth chart. Barney indicated his son might have trouble sticking around without family there.

- Bondi - 5th year senior who hasn't won the field goal kicking job yet. Could transfer if he gets his degree by May or after summer 1.

- Alexander - he was suspended last year for performance enhancing meds/drugs. Will Riley keep him on with his track record? Will he show enough change to stay?

- Thurston/Whitaker - One of these two (can't remember which one) was doing well and then went down with a season ending injury and got buried on the depth chart. Last year he came back and still didn't make the 2 deep... will he stick around?

- T. Newby - he is suppose to be the best RB behind Abdullah but with Taylor back stronger than ever and a new system, if he finds himself at 3rd or 4th string coming out of spring will he leave after May?

- AJ Natter - never saw any playing time. Was buried deep on the depth chart. If Riley doesn't have him in the 2 deep after spring I think he goes.

- Glenn Irons - players said tolbert was night and day ahead of the other NO WR's in this class. You have to think Irons may never see playing time at Nebraska with his small size and lack of standing out. I haven't heard anyone mention his speed since he's been on campus and that was the one thing that got him to this level.

It would not surprise me to see any of these guys leave after spring ball. You have to think there will be a few who do not feel like they fit Riley's system or who don't feel they will see playing time with this new staff and who choose to look elsewhere.

Does any one know if cotton is on course to graduate this semester? He might want to leave for UNLV

Or he could stay at NU because he was #2 in the depth chart, played extensively when Carter was hurt, and Riley likes to use his TE's in his offense.
might not be number two next year with Snyder coming in and freedom coming off a redshirt. Just making a suggestion on a possible transfer

The logic on Cotton leaving is actually the real #2. He's not going anywhere. He'll finish as a Husker.

not saying he will for sure will transfer, just saying it wouldn't be that far fetched to think he might. Sorry thought this thread was for speculation on possible transfers.

Here's my thoughts on possibilities of transfers:

- Cotton - Dad is at UNLV, 2nd or 3rd on depth chart. Barney indicated his son might have trouble sticking around without family there.

- Bondi - 5th year senior who hasn't won the field goal kicking job yet. Could transfer if he gets his degree by May or after summer 1.

- Alexander - he was suspended last year for performance enhancing meds/drugs. Will Riley keep him on with his track record? Will he show enough change to stay?

- Thurston/Whitaker - One of these two (can't remember which one) was doing well and then went down with a season ending injury and got buried on the depth chart. Last year he came back and still didn't make the 2 deep... will he stick around?

- T. Newby - he is suppose to be the best RB behind Abdullah but with Taylor back stronger than ever and a new system, if he finds himself at 3rd or 4th string coming out of spring will he leave after May?

- AJ Natter - never saw any playing time. Was buried deep on the depth chart. If Riley doesn't have him in the 2 deep after spring I think he goes.

- Glenn Irons - players said tolbert was night and day ahead of the other NO WR's in this class. You have to think Irons may never see playing time at Nebraska with his small size and lack of standing out. I haven't heard anyone mention his speed since he's been on campus and that was the one thing that got him to this level.

It would not surprise me to see any of these guys leave after spring ball. You have to think there will be a few who do not feel like they fit Riley's system or who don't feel they will see playing time with this new staff and who choose to look elsewhere.

I dont think Alexander or Newby are going anywhere.

The Alexander situation sucked but it was an honest mistake from what i have heard and dont think it is a knock against Alexander.

Newby is a different style back and he will get used. No idea to what level but he has a major spot on this team.