New DB Coach Brian Stewart

Haspula

you don't keep working in any field for that amount of time if you don't know what your doing Winner.Warren could recruit and has good character but our dbs missed a lot of ints last year to not looking for the ball.

Here's some data. maybe i'm overthinking though. a bit garbled, but the data is good. from NCAA website.

pass efficiency rankings:

Maryland - 2012-Present: Assistant Coach - Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs

Houston Cougars - 2010-11: Assistant Coach - Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs

Philadelphia Eagles - 2009: Assistant Coach - Defensive Special Assistant

Dallas Cowboys - 2007-08: Assistant Coach - Defensive Coordinator

San Diego Chargers - 2004-06: Assistant Coach - Defensive Backs

Houston Texans - 2002-03: Assistant Coach - Defensive Backs Assistant

Syracuse - 2001: Assistant Coach - Defensive Backs

Missouri - 1999-00: Assistant Coach - Defensive Backs

San Jose State - 1997-98: Assistant Coach - Defensive Backs: 1997, 1998

year pass defense pass efficiency def. interceptions

1997(SJS) 63 38 7 (20 ints)

1998(SJS) 49 N/A (13)

1999(MIZ) 33 81 (from 27 previous year) 76 (10), 13 ints previous year

2000(MIZ) 47 65 34(14)

2001(SYR) 24 (11 prev. yr) 28(14 prev. yr) 46 (13, up from 7)

2010(HOU) 68 (72) 73 (67) 49 (13) up from 66(11)

2011(HOU) 40 12 3(21)

2012(MAR) 30 (from 75) 65 (93) 114 (4) down from 68 (11)

2013(MAR) N/A 64 73(11)

2014(MAR) N/A 40 91(9)

Just seems to me that he moves around too much and too often. If he really good, he should have stayed longer with one team and moved up the chain.

Almost all of the moves could easily be viewed as moving up, except the immediate move after being the Cowboys DC. Mid level to Big 12, the Syracuse move is kinda lateral, then to the NFL, then to DC. Then the step back to a position coach, then a move to a DC at a mid level, a move to a P5 DC. Now here.

Changing jobs frequently makes him a perfect candidate to be our DB coach. (Unfortunately)

When he was the DC with the Cowboys, they ranked #9 in total defense. I think he may know what he is doing.

I am not trying to say he isn't qualified, but when he was DC for the Cowboys, he wasn't the guy running the defense. Wade Phillips was the HC and real defensive coordinator, while Jason Garret ran the offense.

I think this is a good hire overall. I am not worried about his numerous stops in his past. That's life as an assistant coach in football.

Actually, Wade didn't take over defensive coordinator duties until 2009. He played a CEO role prior to that.

Makes me wonder if Warren was ever staying from the get go.

He just signed a contract in December. But the salary he signed for may have played a role in Charlton's decision to leave. His new contract signed in December was for $250k/yr, pluse a $25k raise in 2016. LINK. UNL was under no obligation to renegotiate Warren's new contract, even though Riley then brought in other assistant coaches at higher salaries. Warren probly felt slighted. But *HE* is the one who signed on the dotted line. He could've stayed if he wanted to. At the salary he agreed to.