New DB Coach Brian Stewart

Haspula

I'm not upset with hire. Just leveling expectations and letting you know what his actual jobs entailed.

He's our DB coach....over qualified for it IMO great hire

Funny, we go from a staff in which we were complaining about their lack of experience in many cases to a staff that has experience over flowing from every direction - NFL, Major college, etc Nice problem to have - wondering if this experienced staff will move on in a few years. In the mean time I'll just enjoy watching these guys develop our players. :snacks:

• Fire 1

the video isn't very encouraging...

but again, maybe i'm just overthinking things.

What doesn't seem encouraging? The look that Houston seems to practice on a field that is also used for rec soccer? Or no funny one liners about finding nemo?

lol. if he coaches soccer, he would automatically become the best coach on staff in my book.

Yeah who wants to watch a guy coach fundamentals and attention to detail. Better to focus on big picture stuff

i wasn't necessarily looking at him only. i also looked at the response of his guys and their body language.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/former-maryland-linebacker-gives-brian-stewart-high-marks/article_1bcd4a0e-b942-11e4-bab2-5bb1fe21cddd.html

"He has a lot of experience in the NFL, so he brings that physical defense that has a lot of playmakers," said Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil, who's at the NFL Combine. "It's designed for people to make plays. That's how he molded players at Maryland — be a playmaker. Go out there, make plays and affect the game.

"We were probably considered more physical than speedy. We had a fast defense — we had a lot of injuries over the past couple years — but we were a lot more physical than when he first came in."

This is how I thought of Pelini's secondary in '03.

What doesn't seem encouraging? The look that Houston seems to practice on a field that is also used for rec soccer? Or no funny one liners about finding nemo?

lol. if he coaches soccer, he would automatically become the best coach on staff in my book.

Yeah who wants to watch a guy coach fundamentals and attention to detail. Better to focus on big picture stuff

i wasn't necessarily looking at him only. i also looked at the response of his guys and their body language.

Yo I agree that the video is underwhelming. Maybe it was kinda hot out that day.