Players Banned from Locker Room and Lounge

My theory is: If the ball was going in the hoop, none of these conversations would exist.

The object of the game is to score. If you make all your shots, you'll win. So, in that sense, yes.

But you act like there isn't anything else that can be tried or the coaches can do to help get better shots that will go in the hoop more.

We've been 300+ in the nation in assists every year Miles has been here. We were #178, #147 and #71 the three years before he got here.

Colorado State was #74, #59 and #138 the three years before Miles got there. They were #161, #212, #255, #256 and #262 while he was the coach. They've been #139, #158 and #41 since he left.

It's more than fair to question how good he is at coming up with an offense that gets his guys in a position to get good shots.

My theory is: If the ball was going in the hoop, none of these conversations would exist.

The object of the game is to score. If you make all your shots, you'll win. So, in that sense, yes.

But you act like there isn't anything else that can be tried or the coaches can do to help get better shots that will go in the hoop more.

We've been 300+ in the nation in assists every year Miles has been here. We were #178, #147 and #71 the three years before he got here.

Colorado State was #74, #59 and #138 the three years before Miles got there. They were #161, #212, #255, #256 and #262 while he was the coach. They've been #139, #158 and #41 since he left.

It's more than fair to question how good he is at coming up with an offense that gets his guys in a position to get good shots.

Good lord...are you Magnum PI?

I know why people are arguing about it...I just don't know WHY they are arguing about it!

It is so clear that there is a pattern.

I said before teachercd, I like Coach Miles, I'm gonna defend the guy. I think he's a good coach, I like what we've seen of his personality and the fact that he just comes across as a real person. I think he's a good coach.

The guys just aren't playing well. Miles is going above and beyond to figure it out. Any of you think you want to fix this more than he does? It's evident he cares and he's willing to make changes. I respect that.

That's my reason to defend him.

Nebraska had a great year last year. This year has been not so great. I don't know the ins and outs of it but I can watch the games and see that opposing defense don't respect our shooters. They're playing under the hoop and rebounding. Our "big man" Leslee Smith has not had a great go of things. Pitchford is very spotty. Shields seems to have taken a step back as far as being aggressive and getting to the hoop. Nobody is hitting any shots, we shoot entirely way too many three point attempts.

I think if we start hitting shots, the whole game changes because it will force opposing defenses to adjust. Till' then, I refuse to blame the ball not going in the hoop on our Head Coach. He's doing what he can. Other teams make these shots all the time, why can't our guys?

I hope he gets it fixed but this down year isn't over and it certainly doesn't translate to an automatic bad year next year. I think he'll fix it.

• Fire 1

I said before teachercd, I like Coach Miles, I'm gonna defend the guy. I think he's a good coach, I like what we've seen of his personality and the fact that he just comes across as a real person. I think he's a good coach.

The guys just aren't playing well. Miles is going above and beyond to figure it out. Any of you think you want to fix this more than he does? It's evident he cares and he's willing to make changes. I respect that.

Nebraska had a great year last year. This year has been not so great. I don't know the ins and outs of it but I can watch the games and see that opposing defense don't respect our shooters. They're playing under the hoop and rebounding. Our "big man" Leslee Smith has not had a great go of things. Pitchford is very spotty. Shields seems to have taken a step back as far as being aggressive and getting to the hoop. Nobody is hitting any shots, we shoot entirely way too many three point attempts.

I think if we start hitting shots, the whole game changes because it will force opposing defenses to adjust. Till' then, I refuse to blame the ball not going in the hoop on our Head Coach. He's doing what he can. Other teams make these shots all the time, why can't our guys?

I hope he gets it fixed but this down year isn't over and it certainly doesn't translate to an automatic bad year next year. I think he'll fix it.

I 100% get what you are saying...but isn't "I think if we start hitting shots" the same as "If we start completing more passes" isn't "We take too many threes" the same as "We go deep too many times"

• Fire 1

Last year we shot 47.4% from inside the arc. This year we're shooting 49.5%. We are averaging 51.3 shots per game. That means we'd actually be scoring one ppg less than last year if we were shooting the same percentage.

Last year we shot 33.3% on threes. This year we're shooting 28.7%. We're taking 18.5 threes per game. That means we're making 0.85 fewer threes per game than we would have at last year's percentage. And that's ignoring the fact that perhaps taking bad shots is contributing to the drop in percentage which can be affected by coaching.

Last year we shot 71.7% from the line. This year we're shooting 71.9%.

Put that all together and shooting worse is costing us 1.5 points per game. How many games would that change the result?

Edit: Realized my first math double-counted shots. Broke out shooting threes and other shots from the floor.

This is the bossest post that has ever been posted! #Boss

Basically...as the stats show almost everything is the same and almost the entire team is the same...

Soooooooo...What happened? The other coaches in the league have adjusted and schemed...

What has changed besides Ray?

It's been brought up before but I think losing Coach to S.Dak maybe more damaging than thought.

Was HE the offensive guru?

Because his replacement is a guy that "loves' the low-scoring all defensive slugfests.......

We averaged 66 last year and 62 this year. The biggest difference between the 2 year's stats is we are getting out shot which goes back to offensive rebounds. We need a pure shooter and rebounder. This would spread out the defense and allow Petteway & Shields room to score.

What about on defense? How many did they give up a game last year compared to this year? That might tell more?

About the same by percentage!

We averaged 66 last year and 62 this year. The biggest difference between the 2 year's stats is we are getting out shot which goes back to offensive rebounds. We need a pure shooter and rebounder. This would spread out the defense and allow Petteway & Shields room to score.

What about on defense? How many did they give up a game last year compared to this year? That might tell more?

About the same by percentage!

62 last year, 65 this year.

Last year we shot 47.4% from inside the arc. This year we're shooting 49.5%. We are averaging 51.3 shots per game. That means we'd actually be scoring one ppg less than last year if we were shooting the same percentage.

Last year we shot 33.3% on threes. This year we're shooting 28.7%. We're taking 18.5 threes per game. That means we're making 0.85 fewer threes per game than we would have at last year's percentage. And that's ignoring the fact that perhaps taking bad shots is contributing to the drop in percentage which can be affected by coaching.

Last year we shot 71.7% from the line. This year we're shooting 71.9%.

Put that all together and shooting worse is costing us 1.5 points per game. How many games would that change the result?

Edit: Realized my first math double-counted shots. Broke out shooting threes and other shots from the floor.

This is the bossest post that has ever been posted! #Boss

Basically...as the stats show almost everything is the same and almost the entire team is the same...

Soooooooo...What happened? The other coaches in the league have adjusted and schemed...

What has changed besides Ray?

It's been brought up before but I think losing Coach to S.Dak maybe more damaging than thought.

Was HE the offensive guru?

Because his replacement is a guy that "loves' the low-scoring all defensive slugfests.......

We never scored a lot last year.

I 100% get what you are saying...but isn't "I think if we start hitting shots" the same as "If we start completing more passes" isn't "We take too many threes" the same as "We go deep too many times"

Yea, but I didn't like those guys and I didn't believe in what they were doing.

Be prepared, if I'm still kicking around on this site after the start of next season, you're gonna see me defend this current football coaching staff a bit.

I'd like to see the splits in the stats Marvic. On a whole, the stats don't seem significantly worse, but what does like look like in big x play year over year. I'd be surprised if the disparity isn't a little more noticeable.

I'd also be curious on 1st half split comparison. Last year we were in games becuase we played solid d and were consistent most times from half to half with scoring. Lately; we score 15 in the first and then 40 in the 2nd. The percentages end up around 35-40 for the game, but we have to speed the game up which results in more possessions and/or foul shots for the other team.

I do find the assist rankings a little interesting. Definitely says something about miles system. Not that it's bad (assist to T/O ratio would determine this) but when you don't have a lot of great individual players, you need to share the ball. Requires more than 1-2 people who can shoot.