cougarboard looks like the old Missouri crap board - totally unreadable.

cougarfan and cougarcorner are readable.

Opinions are NU is definitely beatable, think the brawl suspensions should be changed to public service and/or suspended for one of the easier games. The tough games of their first four are BSU and UCLA, Nebraska is winnable and they should beat Michigan

But there is not much traffic on the boards.

Did you leave any comments?

The over/under for the game is as 71.5...WOW that is high.

I think that sounds about right. I was going to guess maybe 44-34, with BYU pulling away late.

Of course, all of this is pending news about the suspensions, and inevitably there'll be a killer injury for one or both teams in fall practice that will impact these guesses.

Opinions are NU is definitely beatable, think the brawl suspensions should be changed to public service and/or suspended for one of the easier games. The tough games of their first four are BSU and UCLA, Nebraska is winnable and they should beat Michigan

No. I always stalk the OOC opponents' boards - generally too much hassle for one or two games.

No. I always stalk the OOC opponents' boards - generally too much hassle for one or two games.

I rarely go to other fan base boards, they can be very foul towards a Husker fans, like Iowa!

Not to continue derailing with Minnesota talk in a BYU thread, but I notice that there are two sides to the Minnesota argument. Those who think Minnesota should never beat us, and those who act like Minnesota has never beaten us or couldn't possibly do it again. There's a difference there and I think some are mixing the two. It's not the same thing.

Should Minnesota be competing with a school that has the resources and commitment to their football program like Nebraska has? No.

Do they compete with a school that has the resources and commitment to their football program like Nebraska has? Yes. They have obviously shown they can not only compete, but can win.

Like Knapplc said, it's a good part of why Bo is gone.

Now, I don't think it's debatable that Riley and his staff's experience blows Bo and his staff out of the water. Does that instantly mean Minnesota cannot beat us and will not win the West? No. Is it even worth wasting the time to argue that point with somebody who thinks the game of college football is really that basic? No.

I do agree with a point made above though, (and I think I've mentioned it before myself), losing that TE Maxx and RB Cobb is going to be tough on their offense. I envy Minnesota's offense though. They are smart. They know how to take the pressure off their QB and they are not an all or nothing offense. They grind and they take little by little. They play good defense. I wanted their OC Matt Limegrover as Nebraska's next HC before Riley was hired. I got a lost of respect for what they do up there.

I think you guys are right, they shouldn't be able to compete with the big dogs in this league, but they have been, and I respect them for it.

Nobody is acting like Minnesota has never beaten us. It's seems the consensus is that we lost due to coaching, and now that we fixed the coaching, there's no reason to lose.

To modify this slightly, I'd say the consensus (or at least how I feel -- which may not at all be the consensus!) is this:

We had a coach that had the direction of the program pointed towards being on par with second-tier teams like Minnesota and Iowa. Accepting that as an achievement was not acceptable. And we expect the next coach, given the time to build up his program, to have taken it to a better state.

• Fire 1

Nobody is acting like Minnesota has never beaten us. It's seems the consensus is that we lost due to coaching, and now that we fixed the coaching, there's no reason to lose.

Yea, I won't argue with you, we did lose due to the coaching on our side. That's probably not at all far off from the truth. I've made it clear, I think the last staff was pretty terrible.

I also try to remember theres another team out there with another coaching staff who is doing everything they can do to win the game.

As much as I may credit Bo and Beck for repeatedly making Nebraska look like a team that couln't get out of it's own way, I credit Kill and Limegrover for making Minnesota a team that did enough to win.

I don't buy this mentality where we just take all credit away from the opponent. I'd like to try to see both sides of it.

As horrible as you and others paint Minnesota's program, label them as a team that should never compete with the Nebraska's of the world, they've shown that they can do as much. They hung in there with some pretty tough teams the last couple years.

If you watch their offense, I'd think most Husker fans would be envious. I know I am. I hope Nebraska moves in that direction.

There's two teams out there on gameday. Two coaching staffs and a lot of players who have put in months of hard work to come out with a win on that given Saturday. Try to remember that its not always about blaming your coach. You've got to remember to give credit to the other guys sometimes too.

Minny is tough, like NW tough. No matter how bad Minny is they will always play better. They are not a give away team. I am on the side of we need to be careful.

Back to BYU, I think it will be ugly.

Once the official posting of predictions is up, I doubt I will be that positive this year. However that said, maybe it will be a good thing for next year. Here is a hope that the brand, the team and the nation can handle another disastrous year. (maybe ill write an album called 1899)

I am not being down on Riley for the sake of being down on Riley, that said. I just have a bad feeling about this one.

I had high hopes for Riley, once I checked out his whole history of his career, however that said it seems we are getting more of the same old same old, from his hires to the team mentality. We needed a new direction from Bo, that said not all changes are for the better.

I had high hopes for Riley, once I checked out his whole history of his career, however that said it seems we are getting more of the same old same old, from his hires to the team mentality. We needed a new direction from Bo, that said not all changes are for the better.

Care to elaborate on the bolded?

The over/under for the game is as 71.5...WOW that is high.

I think that sounds about right. I was going to guess maybe 44-34, with BYU pulling away late.

Of course, all of this is pending news about the suspensions, and inevitably there'll be a killer injury for one or both teams in fall practice that will impact these guesses.

You serious, Clark?

Care to elaborate on the bolded?

No need to elaborate. There's absolutely zero truth to that. The comment about Riley's coaching staff is such a crock 'o' crap that it's hilarious. As far as the team's mentality- what the hell do we know about that? They've had 15 practices in the spring and are now in summer workouts.