Spill defenses in general can be susceptible to mobile QB's...but it's not an absolute. Just look at MSU's defense...there were times where a mobile QB carved them up and there were others where they shut them down. I'm willing to see what 3 defensive Coordinators can come up with when they put their heads together.

Bankers defenses consistently had trouble with Spread Teams- Mobile QB or not

They had some mixed results with Pro Style- but lots of problems with Spread teams

They were 58-63 in conference play

Spill defenses in general can be susceptible to mobile QB's...but it's not an absolute. Just look at MSU's defense...there were times where a mobile QB carved them up and there were others where they shut them down. I'm willing to see what 3 defensive Coordinators can come up with when they put their heads together.

They had some mixed results with Pro Style- but lots of problems with Spread teams

It'll be interesting to see how Banker's schemes work with better athletes. Seems like just our D-line alone will help out tremendously versus both mobile QBs and pocket passers.

I guess well find out in about three months or so. :lol:

• Fire 1

Ok got it

Many are saying- We are going to do GREAT against Pro Style teams because OSU did pretty well against some pretty good Pro Style teams in the past

But the past pretty consistent poor results of that scheme against spread teams- even not so good spread teams means nothing

I think last years season ended for OSU about 7 months ago- not a long time ago- pretty recent

Back in Corvallis- they were trying to ride Banker out on a rail for not "adjusting" to spread teams= just last year

It'll be interesting to see how Banker's schemes work with better athletes. Seems like just our D-line alone will help out tremendously versus both mobile QBs and pocket passers.

I guess well find out in about three months or so. :lol:

Time will tell

Same goes for seeing how OSU will do with the talent/lack of talent left behind and a new coaching staff of their own. Last time that happened- they did really well with all the bad talent left behind- just 3 points from an undefeated season. Finished #4 in country that year

I guess I fail to see what how OSU does has anything to do with Nebraska unless you are looking for reasons to rip our new coaching staff. I only care about how Nebraska does.

Very simple

Riley was hired because many felt he had done an excellent job at a place with terrible facilities and support

If someone else other than Riley comes in and does a much better job than Riley under those very same constraints (which happened the last time he left) with a majority of the very same players, that says maybe Riley and his staff werent as great as they were made out to be by those enamored with the hire. The big selling point- will be proven to be untrue.

I personally dont want to go through a 7 year vetting process with someone who isnt going to get us to the next level.

Time will tell

Last time we werent a bit sceptical of the mans credentials in charge- it went on too long and didnt end well.

I guess we all missed the part where Riley brought his entire Beaver team with him to replace our current roster.

Yeah all the great football minds out there feel scheme doesnt matter at all when it comes to football

Just line em up any old way and let em play

Its all about talent :confucius

Why don't you get off your f'ing high horse jmfb. You constantly dispute everything someone says and act like no one here knows anything about football. This sh#t is getting old.

Some people are just fans- they should stay that way

When they try and talk the game- they just end up looking silly

The defensive schemes guys run dont matter- that just isnt true, football 101 stuff

Lots of the same people who were very critical of Bos scheme ( i was too) against the run, seem to not have the same standard when looking at Bankers schemes track record against the spread passing game

Scheme matters

I guess I fail to see what how OSU does has anything to do with Nebraska unless you are looking for reasons to rip our new coaching staff. I only care about how Nebraska does.

Very simple

Riley was hired because many felt he had done an excellent job at a place with terrible facilities and support

If someone else other than Riley comes in and does a much better job than Riley under those very same constraints (which happened the last time he left) with a majority of the very same players, that says maybe Riley and his staff werent as great as they were made out to be by those enamored with the hire. The big selling point- will be proven to be untrue.

I personally dont want to go through a 7 year vetting process with someone who isnt going to get us to the next level.

Time will tell

Last time we werent a bit sceptical of the mans credentials in charge- it went on too long and didnt end well.

No, it only matters if you are sitting back wringing your hands saying...."he he he....I'm going to prove once and for all that Riley sucks....just wait and see". Which...obviously is what you are doing.

All that matters is how he does here. That's it.

Why don't you get off your f'ing high horse jmfb. You constantly dispute everything someone says and act like no one here knows anything about football. This sh#t is getting old.

The defensive schemes guys run dont matter- that just isnt true, football 101 stuff

Lots of the same people who were very critical of Bos scheme ( i was too) against the run, seem to not have the same standard when looking at Bankers schemes track record against the spread passing game

Scheme matters

No, when a fan makes a comment you jump their ass and tell them to go back to their Mommies basement. You constantly preach about your connections and camps and experience and blah blah blah. Great, you know a lot. Too bad you missed the part about explaining that knowledge to others without acting like a total friggin snob.
  • Fire 2

Very simple

Time will tell

No, it only matters if you are sitting back wringing your hands saying...."he he he....I'm going to prove once and for all that Riley sucks....just wait and see". Which...obviously is what you are doing.

All that matters is how he does here. That's it.

He was hired based on a premise- that he did good at a place that was awful. That premise is either correct or incorrect.

Im hoping the guy replacing Riley goes 0-11- that would tell me, hey this Riley staff did really well with a pretty awful group of kids

My guess is- just like Dennis Erickson did, they probably have a pretty good if not better year than under Riley. An inconvenient truth all the bandwagoners are ignoring. The guy finished #4 in the country there- better than anything here in the last 10+ years. Im not sure anyone thinks DE is a hall of fame coach.

Im hoping Riley goes 11-2 here in year 1 and I get to see some consistently well played football from the guys with the N on the helmets

The problem is- the facts kind of get in the way of those "wishes"

Everyone likes and is rooting for the nice guy

I hope it works out, I dont want to have to wait 7 years to find out if it did

Scheme matters

And, here is the issue with you. You think you know soooo much more than anyone else and you are here to save the day to tell all of us how horrible we are going to be because Riley and his staff suck.

We get it...you think they suck.

What baffles me is the question that you never answer. Why do you like being so negative?