Why don't you get off your f'ing high horse jmfb. You constantly dispute everything someone says and act like no one here knows anything about football. This sh#t is getting old.

Some people are just fans- they should stay that way

When they try and talk the game- they just end up looking silly

The defensive schemes guys run dont matter- that just isnt true, football 101 stuff

Lots of the same people who were very critical of Bos scheme ( i was too) against the run, seem to not have the same standard when looking at Bankers schemes track record against the spread passing game

Scheme matters

I haven't read anywhere where anyone has said scheme doesn't matter. It's a combination of scheme and talent and you know that.

• Fire 2

I guess I fail to see what how OSU does has anything to do with Nebraska unless you are looking for reasons to rip our new coaching staff. I only care about how Nebraska does.

Very simple

Riley was hired because many felt he had done an excellent job at a place with terrible facilities and support

If someone else other than Riley comes in and does a much better job than Riley under those very same constraints (which happened the last time he left) with a majority of the very same players, that says maybe Riley and his staff werent as great as they were made out to be by those enamored with the hire. The big selling point- will be proven to be untrue.

I personally dont want to go through a 7 year vetting process with someone who isnt going to get us to the next level.

Time will tell

Last time we werent a bit sceptical of the mans credentials in charge- it went on too long and didnt end well.

No, it only matters if you are sitting back wringing your hands saying...."he he he....I'm going to prove once and for all that Riley sucks....just wait and see". Which...obviously is what you are doing.

All that matters is how he does here. That's it.

Im hoping the guy replacing Riley goes 0-11

Couldn't read past this

• Fire 2

Why don't you get off your f'ing high horse jmfb. You constantly dispute everything someone says and act like no one here knows anything about football. This sh#t is getting old.

The defensive schemes guys run dont matter- that just isnt true, football 101 stuff

Lots of the same people who were very critical of Bos scheme ( i was too) against the run, seem to not have the same standard when looking at Bankers schemes track record against the spread passing game

Scheme matters

No, when a fan makes a comment you jump their ass and tell them to go back to their Mommies basement. You constantly preach about your comnections and camps and experience and blah blah blah. Great, you know a lot. Too bad you missed the part about explaining that knowledge to others without acting like a total froggin snob.

You can lead a horse to water- but some refuse to drink just because they said in an earlier conversation that water stunk and they dont want to admit they were wrong

Some simply dont know what they dont know, the ones that get it, understand how much they dont know and are willing to listen

Really hard to explain such simple things like what a Pro Style Offense is- something all coaches and serious football fans understand and have to ARGUE with someone about it- Same for Zone blocking or what it takes to be a zone running back- all very basic football 101 stuff. It really is like saying the sun sets in the west and having to defend it, gets really old.

The guys living in Moms basement- arent getting jumped for a single comment- its in response to their "expert" illogical opinions or outright mistakes- cracks- silliness-stalking. .

Scheme matters

Who said scheme doesn't matter?

Attacking the general population football fan doesn't make one a better football fan. Nor does it make one insanely more intelligent than another. Let's just remember that Kevin Cosgrove is by far smarter than the whole lot of us when it comes to football. Yet my mother, whom I can thank for making me a Husker football fan, probably couldn't tell you the difference between PI and Defensive Holding. Yet, in my mind, she is more passionate about football. (If you're reading this, I love you mom).

Listen, there are times when a lot of us get a tad bit annoyed at someone whom doesn't know what they are talking about. Yet, we understand the need to nuance our annoyance and keep the discussion productive by either ignoring them, or actually telling them they are wrong in a way that is informative and far from insulting.

I can tell you, that you hold little respect from me personally. You could be the smartest man in the world, you could have the strongest sense and knowledge of football and be the best at (insert something awesome here). Yet your insulting and personal attacks on many whom have generated a lot of great discussions on this board for years is disgusting.

Also, your insults are honestly, just unfunny, not creative, contrived and just plain lame. Come up with something better than "Mom's basement" and "get your GED".

• Fire 1

I hope some day you can find a group of fans that are somewhere close to as smart as you so that you can be at ease and happy.

Hey you dont know much about football- that's no sin. You cant be great at everything

You probably are very competent at something

If you are a nuclear scientist or an expert fence builder or a video game geek expert and Im not- Im probably not going to comment much about nuclear science or fence building or video gaming or tell you you are wrong about it

Scheme matters

I haven't read anywhere where anyone has said scheme doesn't matter. It's a combination of scheme and talent and you know that.

But you did

When someone says what happened at OSU doesnt matter- they are telling you that scheme doesnt matter

When someone says that Riley didnt bring his players from OSU with- that its going to be different because the staff has an entirely different group of kids- they are saying that scheme doesnt matter- its about talent

Scheme matters

As you know; guys coach what they know, can teach and believe in

Mark Banker has a D he knows, can teach and believes in- just like Bo did

Like Bos D- Bankers D has consistently struggled against certain types of offenses,. Remember Rileys OSU teams were under .500 in conference.

In Bankers world, that has been the spread, even average spread teams- it was why so many OSU fans wanted him run off and were happy with the coaching change

My guess is when we play spread teams like BYU it is going to be a challenge- because that has been Bankers MO for quite some time.

Let's assume none of us are as knowledgeable as people who are in the business of football at a high level. Then let's consider that someone thought enough of Riley to hire him at the highest level of football (too bad he got saddled with Ryan Leaf), that Alabama offered him the job before they offered Nick Saban and that USC courted him as their HC just a few years ago. Even if one knows nothing about football, those basic facts tell you that people who do know football think he's a pretty good coach.

Scheme matters

But you did

When someone says what happened at OSU doesnt matter- they are telling you that scheme doesnt matter

When someone says that Riley didnt bring his players from OSU with- that its going to be different because the staff has an entirely different group of kids- they are saying that scheme doesnt matter- its about talent

Scheme matters

As you know; guys coach what they know, can teach and believe in

Mark Banker has a D he knows, can teach and believes in- just like Bo did

Like Bos D- Bankers D has consistently struggled against certain types of offenses,. Remember Rileys OSU teams were under .500 in conference.

In Bankers world, that has been the spread, even average spread teams- it was why so many OSU fans wanted him run off and were happy with the coaching change

My guess is when we play spread teams like BYU it is going to be a challenge- because that has been Bankers MO for quite some time.

All defenses have their weaknesses, that's why you see so many different styles being run. Banker's D has trouble slowing down spread teams, which is what a lot of teams in the Pac 12 are running. Bo's D was excellent in stopping the spread air-raid offense, but struggles against pro-style down hill running teams. That's why our defense looked like world beaters in the Big XII but like scrubs in the Big 10.
  • Fire 1

Post not poster. This has been brought up already.

People will have different OPINIONS. Unless you are currently on the Huskers staff, what you have is an opinion about what is or needs to be going on. There is very little that can be said for sure is right or wrong.

Feel free to express your OPINION. Others may have a different OPINION so there is no need to try to prove them wrong. State your case and move on.

• Fire 3

I hope some day you can find a group of fans that are somewhere close to as smart as you so that you can be at ease and happy.

Hey you dont know much about football- that's no sin. You cant be great at everything

If you are a nuclear scientist or an expert fence builder or a video game geek expert and Im not- Im probably not going to comment much about nuclear science or fence building or video gaming or tell you you are wrong about it

FYI...you haven't said squat about football other than Riley sucked at OSU so he is going to suck here. That is the gist of everything you have said. That doesn't take "knowing football" that is simply having an opinion and not accepting that other people have differing opinions.

Here is a suggestion, if you are so smarter than everyone else and everyone should just listen to you, go start a Husker football blog. You could post all of your amazing insights on that blog and all of us that are just dying to read it can go over there and read it all day long and learn from the master. After all, no reason for us to even type anything because we don't know 1/1000th of what you have in your brain about football. None of us have ever played football, watched football or studied the game at all.

I think that is the best way for us all to learn and become real fans.

FYI...you haven't said squat about football other than Riley sucked at OSU so he is going to suck here. That is the gist of everything you have said. That doesn't take "knowing football" that is simply having an opinion and not accepting that other people have differing opinions.

if you dont like what Im writing, then dont read it- simple stuff

Here is a suggestion, if you are so smarter than everyone else and everyone should just listen to you, go start a Husker football blog. You could post all of your amazing insights on that blog and all of us that are just dying to read it can go over there and read it all day long and learn from the master. After all, no reason for us to even type anything because we don't know 1/1000th of what you have in your brain about football. None of us have ever played football, watched football or studied the game at all.

I think that is the best way for us all to learn and become real fans.

Well I guess you missed all the technical posts Ive made about the game, scheme, technique, coaching etc

But that doesnt surprise me- Im guessing anything that is technical you dont bother reading

If you dont like what Im writing, then dont read it, very simple stuff