If youll notice, neither Frank Solich or Kellen Huston are currently still with the program. Been a while in fact...

This is a good point 1995. Kellen Huston is now 33ish would be my guess, so he is probably not with the team anymore. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Are you saying it was OK knock someone out 10 years ago and now its frowned upon?

Pretty sure he's saying it happened forever ago, and the player involved was already suspended, which has already been stated a dozen times. You're being willfully obtuse.

Isn't the conversation about the integrity of the game? Integrity, or lack of it doesn't have an expiration date does it because if it does who sets the date and for how long? I think this suspension talk, either by BYU, NU, or Memphis State is distracting from the game.

Everyone keeps talking about Taysom Hill, when imo this game is about Everyone NOT named Taysom Hil.

Taysom Hill is a great player and will likely do Taysom Hill things... ie throw for just north of 220, rush for about 100 more and score 3 times.

It's also likely Nebraska does what it should against BYU's Defense and scores in the 30-35 range.

So really what this game comes down to is does BYU with a combo of their Defense, Special Teams and non-Taysom running game have enough to keep pace with Nebraska and get a couple scores when Hill isn't getting his.

Oh, I completely agree. That is exactly what the game is about. To me it just seem funny how everyone is making Hill out to be this super human. They did it with Jake Locker a couple of years ago. It is not the guys that you have respect for that you have to worry about a lot of times it is the ones you don't respect. Like the QB at Minnesota he killed us last year.

I disagree. Taysom is the kind of player who can win a game by himself.

Really? that would be cool to see. I have never seen one player go against an entire 11 man team all by themselves. By the sounds of it, we might see him do that this Saturday.

You probably will.

after meeting the byu fans, gotta say, i hope we cripple the hell out of hill, and the rest of the team, sweep the fugging leg until it breaks off simpsons style.

which BYU fans have you 'met'? A few people posting on a fan message board behind false names? If that' all you've met that's a great reason to hate them all. :dunno

Everyone keeps talking about Taysom Hill, when imo this game is about Everyone NOT named Taysom Hil.

Taysom Hill is a great player and will likely do Taysom Hill things... ie throw for just north of 220, rush for about 100 more and score 3 times.

It's also likely Nebraska does what it should against BYU's Defense and scores in the 30-35 range.

So really what this game comes down to is does BYU with a combo of their Defense, Special Teams and non-Taysom running game have enough to keep pace with Nebraska and get a couple scores when Hill isn't getting his.

Oh, I completely agree. That is exactly what the game is about. To me it just seem funny how everyone is making Hill out to be this super human. They did it with Jake Locker a couple of years ago. It is not the guys that you have respect for that you have to worry about a lot of times it is the ones you don't respect. Like the QB at Minnesota he killed us last year.

Usually a team is what it takes to beat another team.

Really? that would be cool to see. I have never seen one player go against an entire 11 man team all by themselves. By the sounds of it, we might see him do that this Saturday.

You probably will.

Little known fact about him, he is actually super man, batman and spiderman. Better watch out.

Little known fact, all of our Defensive players have been injected with Hulk Serum.

0322d4659d7991095c94361dd2903aa1.jpg

So one Superman batman spiderman v. 11 Hulks my money is on Hulk.

I say we use the Golden State patented LeBron James defense on BYU this week. Taysom's a good player. A world beater? No, but a good player nonetheless who might not exactly be 100% come Saturday. That being said, I still expect him to have a decent if not good day against our defense which has still played 0 game speed reps against opposition.

If we want to limit his potential, we are going to have to commit to either stopping his running threat or stopping his passing threat. The more we try to plan for both, the worse I think it will be for the defense.

• Fire 1

BYU Infinity

NU Closes football program.

I have it from sources close to the program, Suh will be in town Saturday and it appears they may sneak him into the rotation!

Ok I made that up.

Which QB is more vital to his team's success?

Tommy Armstrong

Taysom Hill

Taysom Hill. He is the lynch pin holding that team together. Look at the skid they went on last year when he went down.
You're correct. When healthy, Taysom is one of the best QB's in the country, which we saw last year with him starting to appear in the national Heisman discussions after game 4. He would be a huge loss to any team, not just BYU.

However, there were a bunch of other injuries last year that exacerbated his loss. Also, last year's backup QB had actually moved on and intended to leave football. The coaches actually had to convince him to return for 2014, as QB depth was poor.

This year, though the backups are freshmen, one was a blue chip recruit, and the next two are sons of former NFL players (Merrill Hoge and Koy Detmer). Still a better situation than a guy who had to be begged to not quit football.

Out of curiousity, because I'm lazy and don't want to look it up. Did the SR. Hoge and Dettmer attend BYU? Are they both Mormon? Honestly asking out of curiousity how they landed these two kids...

Neither are Mormon or played at BYU.

How does a Nebraska fan not know what school Koy Detmer went to?

Hoge is Mormon. His dad attended Idaho State I believe. Coy Detmers uncle Ty converted while at BYU but I don't believe Coy converted at CU.

Why in the hell do we keep bringing up a person's faith in this thread? Who cares? It does not relate to football and is, quite frankly, inappropriate to speak about in a public forum.

My grandfather told me to never speak of politics or religion when in large groups. I thought everyone knew this. Nobody from BYU brought up their religion in anyway.

We are better than that.

Glory...as BYU fans we get this on every board we visit. We (well most of us) don't judge a fan base by a few religious bigots but thank you for your comments. They're true and timly.

Why in the hell do we keep bringing up a person's faith in this thread? Who cares? It does not relate to football and is, quite frankly, inappropriate to speak about in a public forum.

My grandfather told me to never speak of politics or religion when in large groups. I thought everyone knew this. Nobody from BYU brought up their religion in anyway.

We are better than that.

Glory...as BYU fans we get this on every board we visit. We (well most of us) don't judge a fan base by a few religious bigots but thank you for your comments. They're true and timly.

It's expected, because of which it doesn't bother me. It is low hanging fruit to be honest.

Just wondering if you Huskers are nervous about anyone else on the football team besides Taysom? What are your thoughts on our receivers and running backs? Obviously Taysom can't win the game all by himself, and we've seen when he does try to win games by himself, he usually ends up getting injured. On another note, what do you think is the most underrated part of your football team? I haven't done a lot of research but I know you guys have an OK QB who has potentail, and I know one of your best players is out for this game. Do you have any other electrifying players that we should be made aware of?