Here's a question for the BYU faithful. Has Utah surpassed BYU as the premiere school in the state? Utah has joined a P5 conference and they are getting a lot of media attention for the Michigan game. Just curious how you guys see it.

Hell no. Utah is a basketball school that caught lightning in a bottle with Urban Meyer. They lucked into a P5 by being the only team the academic snobs would accept after Larry Scott blew his wad by inviting Colorado thinking he had Oklahoma and Texas in the bag. Kyle Whittingham has parlayed that into finishing 5th in the Pac 12 south every year. Utes are pretty much the worst of humanity. They deserve to be cellmates with Lawrence Phillips.

after meeting the byu fans, gotta say, i hope we cripple the hell out of hill, and the rest of the team, sweep the fugging leg until it breaks off simpsons style.

A little extreme, but I like your enthusiasm.

be honest, that's what the peters, tomich, and wistrom woulda done. hell suh would too, i want violence, i want to see someone decapitated. i want piss and vinegar, never mind the fact that the mods can attest i detest mormons(pretty sure it was ar husker who gave the warning).

Sounds like you got dumped by a Mormon chick or something.
edit: there was a joke there that would be frowned on.

so no i didn't, i have standards and mormons don't meet them.

nevermind the fact i'll say the same thing every week, i want to see the qb's helmet roll off with his head still in it. and his body 15 feet the other direction.

Idk, I've heard Mormons are pretty good looking.
their morals are pretty ugly though.

The fact that you keep up this type of hatred is pretty ugly as well. You've said things on here that would suggest you have absolutely no morals. So for you to say they have ugly morals is laughable.

oh boy, what did i say that would "suggest" i have no morals, i'm ready for a good laugh.

Do your own dirty work and go look at what you said. I don't care to read it again.

read: i don't have anything to back me up, but i still want to claim moral high ground. good job buddy!

Go back to school and learn to read correctly. Funny for you to point at someone else for having a "moral high ground." LOL.

makes assertion doesn't bring evidence

after meeting the byu fans, gotta say, i hope we cripple the hell out of hill, and the rest of the team, sweep the fugging leg until it breaks off simpsons style.

A little extreme, but I like your enthusiasm.

be honest, that's what the peters, tomich, and wistrom woulda done. hell suh would too, i want violence, i want to see someone decapitated. i want piss and vinegar, never mind the fact that the mods can attest i detest mormons(pretty sure it was ar husker who gave the warning).

Sounds like you got dumped by a Mormon chick or something.

edit: there was a joke there that would be frowned on.

so no i didn't, i have standards and mormons don't meet them.

nevermind the fact i'll say the same thing every week, i want to see the qb's helmet roll off with his head still in it. and his body 15 feet the other direction.

Idk, I've heard Mormons are pretty good looking.

their morals are pretty ugly though.

The fact that you keep up this type of hatred is pretty ugly as well. You've said things on here that would suggest you have absolutely no morals. So for you to say they have ugly morals is laughable.

oh boy, what did i say that would "suggest" i have no morals, i'm ready for a good laugh.

Do your own dirty work and go look at what you said. I don't care to read it again.

read: i don't have anything to back me up, but i still want to claim moral high ground. good job buddy!

Go back to school and learn to read correctly. Funny for you to point at someone else for having a "moral high ground." LOL.

makes assertion doesn't bring evidence

If either of you would like to continue this game of patty-cake, please consider taking it elsewhere. Thanks! "Attack the post, not the poster" and all that...

• Fire 3

Is it a requirement for students to profess Mormonism to go to BYU?

i don't think jim mcmahon ever professed mormonism

Even McMahon wasn't stupid enough to believe that horse shizzle. and McMahon, well

post-44390-forrest-gump-he-must-be-the-s

Does anyone realize that there have been Mormon players on the Huskers? not sure how they feel about husker fans saying stuff like this.

• Fire 2

Why in the hell do we keep bringing up a person's faith in this thread? Who cares? It does not relate to football and is, quite frankly, inappropriate to speak about in a public forum.

My grandfather told me to never speak of politics or religion when in large groups. I thought everyone knew this. Nobody from BYU brought up their religion in anyway.

We are better than that.

• Fire 9

I found this interesting...world beater Taysom Hill's sophomore passing stats.

2ev3xj8.png

They look oddly similar to Tommy's sophomore stats.

2ev6ux5.png

I've linked to the full stats for both guys. Taysom had a lot more rushing yards but mostly because he had 100 more rushing attempts.

This is a good comparison. I think the "world beater" piece comes from the thought that he does what he does because he doesn't have a lot of help. Where Nebraska typically has better players.

Not defending it but I imagine that is the perception.

So anyway. I think we will have problems containing there QB. That will be the make or break for this game. I expect to see a lot of short pass routes, that will really be planned runs. I think they will try to put this game on his shoulders and will look to use there QB often and early.

This will come down to imho, how hard we hit him and how often. I would like us to make a lot of contact with him early and let him know there is a price for his quick runs. That is the problem with a lot of these college QBs they get a lot of free runs in due to lack of contact, that crap does not fly in the NFL most QBs who try that end up injured in a few years and are worthless. RGIII

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2901103-155/byu-football-cougars-banking-on-a

If this was NCAA, I would try to blitz him early and often, try to take the wind out of his sails. (xbox game) It will be interesting how this game ends up. I hope the black shirts hold, this is a great test. Remember we have Whisky this year. If we cant hold BYU, expect a major blow out to Whisky.

I have a standing offer, from most of my friends to buy season tickets, I have had 3 offers this morning, (got section 612, had a few better ones after I bought those, but is that a sign that people are worried? Or is this just an indicator that football is not the most important thing to some people? One person said too hot to go... -.-)

As to our offense, I have faith in Tommy, if Riley has not tried to re-invent the wheel, we should be consistently put up around 30+ points is my guess.

Trying to rehabilitate this forum to something about football.

As far what Deed said, that was perfect.

2ev3xj8.png

2ev6ux5.png

I've linked to the full stats for both guys. Taysom had a lot more rushing yards but mostly because he had 100 more rushing attempts.

Look at his pre-injury numbers last year:

88/132 (66.7%) - 975 yards - 7 TD - 3 INT - 87 rushes - 460 yards - 5.3ypc - 8 TD

Those are really, really, really good numbers.

• Fire 3

2ev3xj8.png

2ev6ux5.png

88/132 (66.7%) - 975 yards - 7 TD - 3 INT - 87 rushes - 460 yards - 5.3ypc - 8 TD

Before the injury to Hill, pardon my pun, but BYU seemed to be on a mission. This is going to be a great first test for the team.

2ev3xj8.png

2ev6ux5.png

Very good numbers indeed. But, to provide a little context - those stats primarily came against four teams that finished a combined 21-29. And only one of those teams finished the season with a winning record. Texas (6-7), UConn (2-10), Houston (8-5) and Virginia (5-7).

• Fire 2