I'm really nervous about this game. Hill scares me with his legs and their tall receivers. Hope our team comes to play and earning those blackshirts will pay off. I got us to win by 6

How many ears of corn did they have to shuck to earn those blackshirts?

I think the real question is do you have to run more stairs for punching an opponent or for losing to a fellow mid major like Nevada?

• Fire 1

Which QB is more vital to his team's success?

Tommy Armstrong

Taysom Hill

Taysom Hill. He is the lynch pin holding that team together. Look at the skid they went on last year when he went down.

You're correct. When healthy, Taysom is one of the best QB's in the country, which we saw last year with him starting to appear in the national Heisman discussions after game 4. He would be a huge loss to any team, not just BYU.

However, there were a bunch of other injuries last year that exacerbated his loss. Also, last year's backup QB had actually moved on and intended to leave football. The coaches actually had to convince him to return for 2014, as QB depth was poor.

This year, though the backups are freshmen, one was a blue chip recruit, and the next two are sons of former NFL players (Merrill Hoge and Koy Detmer). Still a better situation than a guy who had to be begged to not quit football.

I'm really nervous about this game. Hill scares me with his legs and their tall receivers. Hope our team comes to play and earning those blackshirts will pay off. I got us to win by 6

I think the real question is do you have to run more stairs for punching an opponent or for losing to a fellow mid major like Nevada?

Thanks for bringing up the nightmare. That was the only game I was able to attend last year.

This year, though the backups are freshmen, one was a blue chip recruit, and the next two are sons of former NFL players (Merrill Hoge and Koy Detmer). Still a better situation than a guy who had to be begged to not quit football.

something something something about elite 11 and jameis winston

Tommy Armstrong

Taysom Hill

Taysom Hill. He is the lynch pin holding that team together. Look at the skid they went on last year when he went down.
You're correct. When healthy, Taysom is one of the best QB's in the country, which we saw last year with him starting to appear in the national Heisman discussions after game 4. He would be a huge loss to any team, not just BYU.

However, there were a bunch of other injuries last year that exacerbated his loss. Also, last year's backup QB had actually moved on and intended to leave football. The coaches actually had to convince him to return for 2014, as QB depth was poor.

Out of curiousity, because I'm lazy and don't want to look it up. Did the SR. Hoge and Dettmer attend BYU? Are they both Mormon? Honestly asking out of curiousity how they landed these two kids...

I think it's the same as the number of cougars your guys have to bag to earn a BYU letter. LINK :lol:

My mom's a genealogist and she found out that my great great (great?) grandmother and her sister traveled west with the Mormons and I believe Brigham Young was in the same group with them, or whatever. I think they must have written about it. (My memory on the whole thing is pretty bad - it could have been the same train or the same wagon train with Brigham Young, I dunno). Anyway, they traveled with them for the free ride because they needed wives, and then they just left the Mormons once they arrived in Nebraska.

Ha ha! That's great! So, if it wasn't for that change of heart by one of your ancestors 150+ years ago, you might be posting Husker smack in this same thread. From your computer in Provo. While wearing a beehive hairdo. :lol:

Exactly.

after meeting the byu fans, gotta say, i hope we cripple the hell out of hill, and the rest of the team, sweep the fugging leg until it breaks off simpsons style.

A little extreme, but I like your enthusiasm.

be honest, that's what the peters, tomich, and wistrom woulda done. hell suh would too, i want violence, i want to see someone decapitated. i want piss and vinegar, never mind the fact that the mods can attest i detest mormons(pretty sure it was ar husker who gave the warning).

Sounds like you got dumped by a Mormon chick or something.
edit: there was a joke there that would be frowned on.

so no i didn't, i have standards and mormons don't meet them.

nevermind the fact i'll say the same thing every week, i want to see the qb's helmet roll off with his head still in it. and his body 15 feet the other direction.

Idk, I've heard Mormons are pretty good looking.
their morals are pretty ugly though.

The fact that you keep up this type of hatred is pretty ugly as well. You've said things on here that would suggest you have absolutely no morals. So for you to say they have ugly morals is laughable.

oh boy, what did i say that would "suggest" i have no morals, i'm ready for a good laugh.

Do your own dirty work and go look at what you said. I don't care to read it again.

read: i don't have anything to back me up, but i still want to claim moral high ground. good job buddy!

Tommy Armstrong

Taysom Hill

Out of curiousity, because I'm lazy and don't want to look it up. Did the SR. Hoge and Dettmer attend BYU? Are they both Mormon? Honestly asking out of curiousity how they landed these two kids...

Neither are Mormon or played at BYU.

How does a Nebraska fan not know what school Koy Detmer went to?

• Fire 2

Tommy Armstrong

Taysom Hill

Neither are Mormon or played at BYU.

How does a Nebraska fan not know what school Koy Detmer went to?

I know I know, said the Husker fan that lives in Colorado.

after meeting the byu fans, gotta say, i hope we cripple the hell out of hill, and the rest of the team, sweep the fugging leg until it breaks off simpsons style.

A little extreme, but I like your enthusiasm.

be honest, that's what the peters, tomich, and wistrom woulda done. hell suh would too, i want violence, i want to see someone decapitated. i want piss and vinegar, never mind the fact that the mods can attest i detest mormons(pretty sure it was ar husker who gave the warning).

Sounds like you got dumped by a Mormon chick or something.
edit: there was a joke there that would be frowned on.

so no i didn't, i have standards and mormons don't meet them.

nevermind the fact i'll say the same thing every week, i want to see the qb's helmet roll off with his head still in it. and his body 15 feet the other direction.

Idk, I've heard Mormons are pretty good looking.
their morals are pretty ugly though.

The fact that you keep up this type of hatred is pretty ugly as well. You've said things on here that would suggest you have absolutely no morals. So for you to say they have ugly morals is laughable.

oh boy, what did i say that would "suggest" i have no morals, i'm ready for a good laugh.

Do your own dirty work and go look at what you said. I don't care to read it again.

read: i don't have anything to back me up, but i still want to claim moral high ground. good job buddy!

Go back to school and learn to read correctly. Funny for you to point at someone else for having a "moral high ground." LOL.