How good is your crystal ball?

With all the predictions about the Huskers with the new staff, I thought we could review how well we predicted with the last two staffs. My predictions for Callahan were good. thought the west coast offense would be a disaster in Lincoln because the current players were recruited for the option. I thought the defense would stink because Cosgrove defenses were always bad with the exception of a couple of years. And I thought Callahan was a hard-headed, arrogant coach as shown by his refusal to change the playbook in his superbowl loss, and his behavior at Oakland in his last year. I predicted a 7 win first season, and a Callahan firing within six years.

For Bo my crystal ball was awful. I was very hopeful because of the turnaround of the 2003 defense with all the forced turnovers, and the aggressive play. I forgave the two blowouts because it was Bo's first year, and the previous defense was so bad. I thought the offense would be better because Watson wouldn't be under Callahan's thumb. I predicted nine wins in the first season, A conference championship within three seasons, and perennial top 10 teams.

I have no clue what the current staff will accomplish. A career 500 record, and although Riley has coached in the NFL, he has never won a championship at any level (edit - I missed two Grey cups). I like the talk of Banker letting the defense attack, but his defenses have been poor lately. I like the experience of the coaches, but you don't win just because you have experience. I like how the staff is working with all the players at practice instead of having players standing around, I like the change in strength and conditioning. But how will this staff perform. I have no idea.

• Fire 2

So much hand wringing over the Oregon State numbers. Can we please drop it? Again, OSU and Nebraska are not directly relatable. We wouldn't compare ourselves with Iowa State or Purdue, so lets not do it with Oregon State.

The thread is not about OSU numbers. How well did you predict the results of the last two coaching staffs?

I gotta think we go 9-3 on the year. Sure there are some tests but a lot of them are home games. It sets up decently for a successful transition year.

Next year I expect us to be back in Indy and getting some national attention.

I expect NU to get to Indy, even at 9-3. The only team that's close to NU talent wise is UW. Wisconsin is getting a new coach who did not do well as a HC at Pitt. They don't have a QB, and just lost the most dynamic RB they've had. If this staff is an improvement at all, then we get there this year.

So much hand wringing over the Oregon State numbers. Can we please drop it? Again, OSU and Nebraska are not directly relatable. We wouldn't compare ourselves with Iowa State or Purdue, so lets not do it with Oregon State.

Hmmm, since 2000, OSU has the third best record in the Pac 10. Not exactly comparable to Purdue or Iowa State either. I'm kind of getting sick of fans talking down about OSU like it's still 1995.

I gotta think we go 9-3 on the year. Sure there are some tests but a lot of them are home games. It sets up decently for a successful transition year.

Next year I expect us to be back in Indy and getting some national attention.

I expect NU to get to Indy, even at 9-3. The only team that's close to NU talent wise is UW. Wisconsin is getting a new coach who did not do well as a HC at Pitt. They don't have a QB, and just lost the most dynamic RB they've had. If this staff is an improvement at all, then we get there this year.

Wisconsin has a new coach but there is no transition there. They will run the same offense and defense.

Was off on Callahan, I thought he would do better. He recruited well but had too many other flaws, including making a bad hire at DC.

I had Pelini pegged pretty well. I thought he'd get us back to respectable football but I questioned whether he could take us any further than that.

As for the new staff, I think Riley will leave the job in a better place than he found it. I think he will recruit better and the overall program will be more healthy than it has been in years. I think he'll do many good things here, but don't know if he will make us a NC contender while he's here.

Hmmm, since 2000, OSU has the third best record in the Pac 10. Not exactly comparable to Purdue or Iowa State either. I'm kind of getting sick of fans talking down about OSU like it's still 1995.

And who was the coach for most of those years? Hmmmm.

And who was the coach for most of those years? Hmmmm.

Doesn't count duh