How good is your crystal ball?

If you look at our staff we have improved at every single position.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Cavanaugh > Garrison + Cotton

Williams > Fisher

Davis > Brown (only one I went back and forth on)

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Read > Els (One of Els dozen hats)

This entire thread is full of laffy, but this post takes the cake.

The only place we had an upgrade is at LB, and I'm not so certain that Els was as bad as the system he was coaching in.

Grading out the two staffs, after the season

Riley = Bo (Advantage Bo in record, Advantage Riley in PR)

Langsdorf > Beck (Not a fan of Langsdorf's system, but definitely less boom or bust minus TA)

Banker > Papuchis (I think stopping the run is more important in the B1G, but that secondary...woof)

Cavanaugh = Garrison + Cotton (Poor OL play all-around)

Williams >> Fisher (Our perimeter warriors can catch now)

Davis < Brown (Call it talent-based, but the RB position was poorly managed this year and underperformed with what they had)

Hughes = Kaz (Both have got the DL to play within their respected systems and have movers in the middle)

Bray >> Els (Bray maximized this group and will out-recruit you everyday of the week)

Stewart << Warren (Different system but the secondary when from first to last nationally, and Warren was a hell of a recruiter)

Read < Bo + Els (Bo took over ST last year and was #1 Nationally in ST Efficiency. Read sub-100...woof)

I'd agree with most of that except Banker/Paps. They basically flip flopped what they emphasized, good in one area, awful in the other.

If you look at our staff we have improved at every single position.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Cavanaugh > Garrison + Cotton

Williams > Fisher

Davis > Brown (only one I went back and forth on)

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Read > Els (One of Els dozen hats)

This entire thread is full of laffy, but this post takes the cake.

The only place we had an upgrade is at LB, and I'm not so certain that Els was as bad as the system he was coaching in.

Grading out the two staffs, after the season

Riley = Bo (Advantage Bo in record, Advantage Riley in PR)

Langsdorf > Beck (Not a fan of Langsdorf's system, but definitely less boom or bust minus TA)

Banker > Papuchis (I think stopping the run is more important in the B1G, but that secondary...woof)

Cavanaugh = Garrison + Cotton (Poor OL play all-around)

Williams >> Fisher (Our perimeter warriors can catch now)

Davis < Brown (Call it talent-based, but the RB position was poorly managed this year and underperformed with what they had)

Hughes = Kaz (Both have got the DL to play within their respected systems and have movers in the middle)

Bray >> Els (Bray maximized this group and will out-recruit you everyday of the week)

Stewart << Warren (Different system but the secondary when from first to last nationally, and Warren was a hell of a recruiter)

Read < Bo + Els (Bo took over ST last year and was #1 Nationally in ST Efficiency. Read sub-100...woof)

IMO....

Bo>> Mike. Records speak volumes, and Mike's whole schtick is already played out.

Beck>>Langs. Becks system is better, and a much better fit in Lincoln. There is a reason why Urb hired him.

Fischer>Williams. Williams is the 2nd best on the current staff, but Rich may have been the best on the previous.

Paps>>Banker. Paps was not our DC, Bo was. And Paps is doing nice things at NC.

I hate to say it, but I'm going with 5-7

that good? Youre comin around faster than i thought.

Anytime anyone says something like 5-7 for a record for NU in 2015, I just shake my head. That is not even being realistic. NU should be no worse than they were last year. They have too much talent to lose that many games. The only teams that will out talent them on the schedule are Miami and maybe MSU. Mike Riley would have to be completely incompetent to lose that many games with that much talent.

I think Riley will do well here. I don't know how many if any CCG he will win. OSU is head and shoulders better than everyone in the conference right now. That will a big obstacle to overcome.

This one is good, too.

I think we found the asnswer.

"Mike Riley would have to be completely incompetent to lose that many games with that much talent."

8-4 would be admirable, we ain't deep nowhere.

DB, WR, DT are all deep. After that I agree.

Ummmm Running Backs?

Idk, I go back and forth with our RB's.

I see one transferring. Somedays I like Cross, other days I don't see him as more than as a one trick pony. Wilbon and Taylor are guys I get excited about. Newby, not so much.

I like this post. I was one of those that thought Wilbon and Taylor would thrive under the new staff. It turns out that they couldn't sniff the field.

Anytime anyone says something like 5-7 for a record for NU in 2015, I just shake my head. That is not even being realistic. NU should be no worse than they were last year. They have too much talent to lose that many games. The only teams that will out talent them on the schedule are Miami and maybe MSU. Mike Riley would have to be completely incompetent to lose that many games with that much talent.

I think Riley will do well here. I don't know how many if any CCG he will win. OSU is head and shoulders better than everyone in the conference right now. That will a big obstacle to overcome.

This one is good, too.

I think we found the asnswer.

"Mike Riley would have to be completely incompetent to lose that many games with that much talent."

Drops mic>>>

• Fire 1

This one is good, too.

"They have too much talent to lose that many games. The only teams that will out talent them on the schedule are Miami and maybe MSU. Mike Riley would have to be completely incompetent to lose that many games with that much talent." I'd say those 3 statements were dead on.

• Fire 1

Somehow this thread finds its way to the desk of one AD Sean Eichorst. He reads through it meticulously.

"Cheryl, send Mike Riley to my office immediately" (secretaries are always Cheryl)

*knock knock*

HCMR: You wanted to see me boss?

ADSE: Yes come in and have a seat Mike.....set your ice cream down.

HCMR: It's vanilla!

ADSE: Of course it is....listen Mike, I am afraid I am going to have to let you go.

HCMR: But why Sean?! It has only been one year! I know we kinda goofed a few games up, but golly I think we have a real shot at being pretty darn special if you'll excuse my language.

ADSE: I agree with you Mike, it's just....(turns computer monitor towards Riley to show this very thread)...some overly pessemistic dudes "predicted" you would finish 5-7 this year and struggle like you did at Oregon State.

HCMR: Gooness Sakes! I see the problem...

ADSE: I'm afraid I just can't keep you on if even these keyboard warriors can forsee our short comings months in advance.

HCMR: No, I get it completely. I will see myself out. But I must ask who will you find to replace me?

ADSE: Well they also think that upon firing you I should hire Scott Frost. I don't know who he is but he sounds like a real veteran of the coaching ranks the way these gentlemen speak of him.

HCMR: I think he was like waterboy at Stanford or something.

ADSE: In any case I hope you have no ill will and we will gladly compensate you for your remaining contract, we are saving a bundle since we are secretly not paying Bo Pelini.

HCMR: I hope you guys can forgive me for my failure.

ADSE: No, I'm afraid our fan base is so delusional they will cry about the Illinois game for decades to come.

HCMR: Eventually the tears stop.

ADSE: Good luck Mike. Cheryl, get this Scott Frost on the phone I want to hear about where he comes from.

• Fire 2

Somehow this thread finds its way to the desk of one AD Sean Eichorst. He reads through it meticulously.

"Cheryl, send Mike Riley to my office immediately" (secretaries are always Cheryl)

*knock knock*

ADSE: Of course it is....listen Mike, I am afraid I am going to have to let you go.

HCMR: But why Sean?! It has only been one year! I know we kinda goofed a few games up, but golly I think we have a real shot at being pretty darn special if you'll excuse my language.

ADSE: I agree with you Mike, it's just....(turns computer monitor towards Riley to show this very thread)...some overly pessemistic dudes "predicted" you would finish 5-7 this year and struggle like you did at Oregon State.

ADSE: I'm afraid I just can't keep you on if even these keyboard warriors can forsee our short comings months in advance.

HCMR: No, I get it completely. I will see myself out. But I must ask who will you find to replace me?

ADSE: Well they also think that upon firing you I should hire Scott Frost. I don't know who he is but he sounds like a real veteran of the coaching ranks the way these gentlemen speak of him.

ADSE: In any case I hope you have no ill will and we will gladly compensate younfor your remaining contract, we are saving a bundle since we are secretly not paying Bo Pelini.

ADSE: No, I'm afraid our fan base is so delusional they will cry about the Illinois game for decades to come.

ADSE: Good luck Mike. Cheryl, get this Scott Frost on the phone I want to hear about where he comes from.

:laughpound

*knock knock*

ADSE: In any case I hope you have no ill will and we will gladly compensate you for your remaining contract, we are saving a bundle since we are secretly not paying Bo Pelini.

TL DR: Husker fans realized what ADSE should've known when Mike Riley was hired.

It wasn't a secret what we were getting. Mike Riley has a lot of coaching experience to study and not a lot of hardware to back it up.

• Fire 1