Offensive Line - A Work in Progress

Where guys have been working so far this year via OWH

Left tackle: Alex Lewis, David Knevel, Sam Hahn

Left guard: Zach Hannon, D.J. Foster, Tanner Farmer, Corey Whitaker, Chris Long

Center: Ryne Reeves, Paul Thurston, Chris Long, Robby Painter

Right guard: Dylan Utter, Chongo Kondolo, Tanner Farmer, Dwayne Johnson,

Right tackle: Givens Price, Matt Finnin

Zach Sterup is currently out.

Is this any indication of depth chart (so far), or not necessarily listed in order?

scarey list, lots of unknowns......and no proven running back, just concerns me.

Original...

Is this any indication of depth chart (so far), or not necessarily listed in order?

scarey list, lots of unknowns......and no proven running back, just concerns me.
Everything seems to concern you

dude, you can have my kool-aid, while i like the coaching change, we are short on experience, nothing to be ashamed of, but there is much work to be done and it could be mid season before we see real progress....just way too many unknowns to get really excited just yet. if the coaching sticks the kids should get better with time, but expect growing pains in the beginning.

• Fire 1

dude, you can have my kool-aid, while i like the coaching change, we are short on experience, nothing to be ashamed of, but there is much work to be done and it could be mid season before we see real progress....just way too many unknowns to get really excited just yet. if the coaching sticks the kids should get better with time, but expect growing pains in the beginning.

Hunter, I agree. But the fact that we are going to use the TE and RB in passing game makes me feel better. We do not have Ameer or Rex, but we have talent. Remember, players said that Taylor was going to push for playing time. I also think Wilborn will be a surprise.

Hunter, I agree. But the fact that we are going to use the TE and RB in passing game makes me feel better. We do not have Ameer or Rex, but we have talent. Remember, players said that Taylor was going to push for playing time. I also think Wilborn will be a surprise.

i hope you are correct, i am sure we will use the talent as we can.......Riley is reportedly very good at firing his big guns!

i hope you are correct, i am sure we will use the talent as we can.......Riley is reportedly very good at firing his big guns!

I think picking up blitzes & catching passes out of the backfield will be a big factor in getting the starting job. Both Newby & Cross had issues blocking last year. Two years ago, we were taking about Taylor & now it is Wilbon. I like both of these guys, but they are young.

I think picking up blitzes & catching passes out of the backfield will be a big factor in getting the starting job. Both Newby & Cross had issues blocking last year. Two years ago, we were taking about Taylor & now it is Wilbon. I like both of these guys, but they are young.

couldn't agree more......blitze pick up and catching the ball......no doubt the job is open, we don't have anyone like Ameer waiting to step up. with him and Rex, we got spoiled, they both made an average OL look good!

Losing at least four games per year for seven years should concern anyone. Especially given the total beatdown of many of the losses. Couple that with a new, relatively unknown staff, and I am also concerned.

Cross didn't have issues picking up blitzes anymore than Ameer did. We need to stop constantly bashing Cross saying he's slow, he can't block and he can't catch. He's the hardest worker in the entire RB corps and he sets the example each and every one of them should aspire to. I'm glad he's here and I think he's our #1 and I'm glad he is.

I am not bashing Cross. In fact, I like his heart but this has been an issue in the past and why Ameer seen so many snaps.

Cross didn't have issues picking up blitzes anymore than Ameer did. We need to stop constantly bashing Cross saying he's slow, he can't block and he can't catch. He's the hardest worker in the entire RB corps and he sets the example each and every one of them should aspire to. I'm glad he's here and I think he's our #1 and I'm glad he is.

I am not bashing Cross. In fact, I like his heart but this has been an issue in the past and why Ameer seen so many snaps.

Cross wasn't the reason Ameer got so many snaps. Ameer got snaps because he was the best back in the B1G and probably one of the best in the country.

I'm with you, though, The Purdue game where Cross got a ton of snaps in relief of Ameer was indicative of his talent level. After the game he made a comment about getting 4 yards a carry, every carry. That's great, but ultimately you need a back that can break big runs several times a game, and that's why Ameer got all the snaps.

I think Newby can be that back as well as Taylor and Wilbon. I'm just not sold on Cross as the best every down back we have. That doesn't mean I don't want him on the field. Hes a great leader, worker, and has a ton of heart. I just wish he didn't run so vertical and hit the holes harder.

• Fire 1