DT Chris Daniels

Yeah, I really don't get why we wouldn't make a push for this dude.

Because he is not coming here and we want to focus our resources on attainable targets?

He visited Texas right before decommitting. And he has visits already lined up to A&M and Tennessee these next 2 weeekends.

K, then why aren't we after an "attainable" DT?

Do you know for a fact that we aren't?
As of now we aren't. Banker wants 15 scholly Dline guys on the roster. We are sitting at 13, with Ivy and Miller the priorities for the 2 open spots.
  • Fire 1

Because he is not coming here and we want to focus our resources on attainable targets?

He visited Texas right before decommitting. And he has visits already lined up to A&M and Tennessee these next 2 weeekends.

Do you know for a fact that we aren't?
As of now we aren't. Banker wants 15 scholly Dline guys on the roster. We are sitting at 13, with Ivy and Miller the priorities for the 2 open spots.

Well there we go then.

To the casual observer, it sounds logical to go balls to the wall for this guy.

However, in practicality, I can see the hesitation. Sure, a phone call to see if there is any interest may be warranted. But, let me lay this out there.

We are very close to getting Ivy and Miller. These are two guys that the staff has worked hard to build a relationship with and they think they will get.

Now, if we all of a sudden act like we really want this guy instead (and we really have no idea if he is interested) and Ivy and Miller decide feel like they are getting over looked for this guy.....we stand to lose all three.

Again....I'd probably make a phone call and if the guy absolutely jumps up and down like crazy and immediately books a trip to Lincoln to check it out..that's one thing. But, if that's not the reaction....then, keep giving the love to the two guys who you are just about to get commitments from.

• Fire 1

Because a team can only offer so many guys each year - Why can't we trust that the staff knows which holes to fill first

We currently sit at 17 commits, we have room.

My question is why aren't we going after a DT? I'm not in here bitching about it, I'm confused. I would take 1 every cycle instead of having to convert guys over. If I'm missing something her I'm all ears.

However, in practicality, I can see the hesitation. Sure, a phone call to see if there is any interest may be warranted. But, let me lay this out there.

We are very close to getting Ivy and Miller. These are two guys that the staff has worked hard to build a relationship with and they think they will get.

Now, if we all of a sudden act like we really want this guy instead (and we really have no idea if he is interested) and Ivy and Miller decide feel like they are getting over looked for this guy.....we stand to lose all three.

Again....I'd probably make a phone call and if the guy absolutely jumps up and down like crazy and immediately books a trip to Lincoln to check it out..that's one thing. But, if that's not the reaction....then, keep giving the love to the two guys who you are just about to get commitments from.

I would much rather have the guys we built relationships with. Just curious why we aren't after a DT.

I would much rather have the guys we built relationships with. Just curious why we aren't after a DT.

I have absolutely no idea why we haven't been after a DT or why we aren't currently.

There must be a reason, I just don't know what that is.

• Fire 1

It's either a change to 3-4 or they feel like all the underclassmen will pan out - making us deeper then we look