The kool aid is flowing

Actually I am pretty optimistic. After the bowl game, I realized maybe the team, like everyone has said had been playing tight under peeling. I think Bo took this team as far as he could. But the off the field stuff took center stage and that was too much to overcome.

What I like about Riley is his demeanor. Calm under pressure. We have needed that for a while. I honestly think the talent is here. We all have said this. The cupboard is NOT empty. Few adjustments here and there and we could be in for a magical season.

I think this staff simplifies the system, which in essence will limit mistakes. We may look vanilla, but vanilla is good right now. I don't wanna see all this fancy, shift right, shift left, tom foolery stuff. Line up an play ball.

On the defensive side of the ball, it would be nice to see our defense make minor adjustments and be ready to go as opposed to trying to get in the absolute correct spot and making adjustments as the ball is snapped.

We will see!

GBR!

• Fire 2

I'm not really that optimistic based on some of the things coming out of practice, honestly.

I am kind of in the same boat. I would have been with Bo as the coach or with MR as the coach.

I'm really concerned about the talent and depth at some key positions. Like Teach, I would have been concerned about this season whomever was the coach.
I guess it depends what the goal is. If it's still #9wins, then the kool-aid is flowing. If it's conference or national title, not so much. I think there's some talent deficiencies that will take a few years to really fix.

Offense scared me to death. Tommy's decision making scared me. Offensive line scares me. Our ability to stop the run scares me.

All of that makes me worried too. Those are issues that have been lingering for a few seasons. I am encourage about the new staff's experience, expertise and flexibility. They are also teaching and going about it differently. So I'm curious and a little excited to see what happens.

No koolaid here. Bo completely ruined the whole idea of reading anything into the hype of spring camp. Like Admo above, I am encouraged. Encouraged by the following:

Experience of the staff

Enthusiasm of the kids

The "eye ball" test of some of the pics

The fact the Riley owned up to "possibly overworking the kids" (receivers) when asked about hamstring injuries

S&C seems to have us moving in the right direction

A definitive "scheme" for the O instead of the crap that we saw under Beck

A defensive scheme that appears to be attacking

Honesty with the media and including the fans in whats going on

A lot of potential and encouragement, but a lot of questions as well. I am hopeful as Bo won 9 with possibly the most inexperienced staff in the B1G, if not the FBS...... Riley brings like a bazillion years experience that should account for at least one more win.

• Fire 4

No koolaid here. Bo completely ruined the whole idea of reading anything into the hype of spring camp. Like Admo above, I am encouraged. Encouraged by the following:

Experience of the staff

Enthusiasm of the kids

The "eye ball" test of some of the pics

The fact the Riley owned up to "possibly overworking the kids" (receivers) when asked about hamstring injuries

S&C seems to have us moving in the right direction

A definitive "scheme" for the O instead of the crap that we saw under Beck

A defensive scheme that appears to be attacking

Honesty with the media and including the fans in whats going on

A lot of potential and encouragement, but a lot of questions as well. I am hopeful as Bo won 9 with possibly the most inexperienced staff in the B1G, if not the FBS...... Riley brings like a bazillion years experience that should account for at least one more win.

+1

Still, all those things you listed are good reasons to be excited. I'm letting the Kool-aid flow a bit. Bo can't sh#t on the mood forever. I've done plenty of preaching about high expectations and how they can set a guy up for disappointment, but the positive vibe, experience, and clear plan from this staff is reason enough for me to be pumped up for this next year.

I just found out on Jeopardy today actually that kool aid was invented in Nebraska in 1927! After further investomogating by a chap named Edwin Perkins who was from Hastings Nebraska.

EdwinPerkins_sm.jpg

c640x360_32.jpg

You didn't know that?

was invented to accompany the Rueben sandwich

Reuben starts with "R" and so does Runza......... MMMMMMMMMMM

I have a feeling that the offense will be pretty average at best...I would say probably 7th in the Big Ten...the defense I have no idea about.

I want to be way more excited but so far it sounds like every single spring. Now...I will be 100% excited for Lincoln on April 11th!

I have a feeling the defense can be pretty salty, if the second level can show up. The DBs are baller across the board. There are probably at least 10 guys who could play 4 positions with little drop off (from what we've heard). 3 of the 4 d line positions have players who could possibly get on an all big-ten team (with Collins possibly getting some AA hype) with the fourth (Gangwish) being serviceable. LBs are sketchy because there is no one player that I feel can be relied on at this point.