Bo - the gang is all here - his coaching staff - note his cap

The Bofense would get shredded on the ground in the NFL.

No one runs the ball in the NFL. And his method of defense is tailor made for the NFL, both scheme and personell wize.

20 years ago Id agree with you.

I don't agree with that. Many NFL teams still strive for balance, and pass or run more situationally. It's not like he'd be facing circa 2009 Big XII spread teams week-after-week. The style of offense he would see would be more similar to what he saw in the Big Ten (where his defenses were average at best).

Not to mention how terrible Bo is at disguising his defenses. That would get him in big trouble in the league. Big, big trouble.

Sorry break it to you guys but Urban will be at tOSU for a little while longer and Bo isn't going to be the head coach when that job opens up.

Ha ha! I would LOVE to see Bo at the helm of tOSU. Please, please, please, please let that happen. :lol:

• Fire 1

Good, smart defensive coach, bad HC and manager. So just keep him as a defensive wiz. I think teams will be willing to do that. Plenty of teams deal with hotheads or bad eggs. I'm very glad we don't anymore, 9, 10 wins or not...but some team out there will look at his years as a DC, and his record as a major FBS head coach, and say why not.

Can we put the "Bo is a defensive genius" to bed please?

bo-sucks-at-defense.jpg

• Fire 5

Good, smart defensive coach, bad HC and manager. So just keep him as a defensive wiz. I think teams will be willing to do that. Plenty of teams deal with hotheads or bad eggs. I'm very glad we don't anymore, 9, 10 wins or not...but some team out there will look at his years as a DC, and his record as a major FBS head coach, and say why not.

Can we put the "Bo is a defensive genius" to bed please?

bo-sucks-at-defense.jpg

Wow. Those two Wisconsin games stand out like a sore thumb. All the rest are gradual increments higher than the previous game. Then, BOOM, a huge difference in yd/play for those two games. :facepalm:

No one runs the ball in the NFL. And his method of defense is tailor made for the NFL, both scheme and personell wize.

I don't agree with that. Many NFL teams still strive for balance, and pass or run more situationally. It's not like he'd be facing circa 2009 Big XII spread teams week-after-week. The style of offense he would see would be more similar to what he saw in the Big Ten (where his defenses were average at best).

Not to mention how terrible Bo is at disguising his defenses. That would get him in big trouble in the league. Big, big trouble.

But what I'm getting at is as a coordinator in the NFL, the only thing he has to worry about is coaching defense and adjusting his philosophy. No recruiting. No personell management. No public relations. Limited practice time. Obviously as it was played here, yeah, it'd be shredded. But in an NFL enviroment? He'd be able to have the time to perfect his craft so to speak.

And most the teams that strive for balance do so cuz they dont have a great QB, and because of such, simply arent very good. The teams with the qb's put the ball in his hands a 50 times a game. There is no balance. Brady. Brees. Rodgers. Luck. Flacco. We're givin these guys the ball. And defenses dont care about stopping the run. Everyone's got 300 lb superstar dlineman and top notch linebackers. You dont have to load the box to stop a running team from consistently gashing you. Different from college, the NFL actually is won with a passing game now a days.

Out of those awful performances these were under Bo:

2008: 3 Games

2009: 0 Games

2010: 1 Game

2011: 1 Game

2012: 3 Games

2013: 3 Games

2014: 1 Game

Do you guys see what this means? Bo was actually about to have a breakout year in 2015!!!!! We fired him too soon! There's no arguing the science, it's all right there in black and white!

#Progress

• Fire 1

But what I'm getting at is as a coordinator in the NFL, the only thing he has to worry about is coaching defense and adjusting his philosophy. No recruiting. No personell management. No public relations. Limited practice time. Obviously as it was played here, yeah, it'd be shredded. But in an NFL enviroment? He'd be able to have the time to perfect his craft so to speak.

And most the teams that strive for balance do so cuz they dont have a great QB, and because of such, simply arent very good. The teams with the qb's put the ball in his hands a 50 times a game. There is no balance. Brady. Brees. Rodgers. Luck. Flacco. We're givin these guys the ball. And defenses dont care about stopping the run. Everyone's got 300 lb superstar dlineman and top notch linebackers. You dont have to load the box to stop a running team from consistently gashing you. Different from college, the NFL actually is won with a passing game now a days.

No team lets their QB throw 50 times per game. Brees was the only one who was over 40 att per game last year, and just barely.

No team lets their QB throw 50 times per game. Brees was the only one who was over 40 att per game last year, and just barely.

On average? No. But it happens more often than is lead to believe.

Tom Brady attempted 50+ in 5 games. 2 in the playoffs. One was the Super Bowl. 4 were wins. Of their 4 losses, 3 were his lowest attempts/game of the season, 23, 35,16.

I find it amazing that so many think Bo will get a better gig in the near future and that he is too talented, too good of a coach for the likes of YSU. I. DON'T. GET. IT. What did he do here to make anyone think these thoughts? 9 wins? Spare me the justification, he lost virtually any/all games that mattered or that weren't against the little sisters of the blind. Good coach my a$$. Hot headed, foul mouthed, unwilling to change POS is what he was. YSU seems about right to me.

If you look at what he was able to accomplish with the severely underdeveloped talent Clownahan left him, he is a good coach. However, he was on a downward trajectory once he ran out of Clownahan talent. This is why he's suited more for the NFL than college where his bosses handpick the talent for him. Unless Bo lands at a place like Texas where recruits just fall in your lap, I don't see him having a lot of success at a power 5 team.