What % of Husker Football players do you think drink or smoke during season?

If everybody on the team is 18 years or older, then they are not "kids".

Do you think any Marine Drill Instructor at Parris Island calls the recruits "kids"?

Do you think any recruit that graduates from Parris Island would suffer being called "a kid"?

Just because these young men play games instead of work for a living or serve their country, let's not belittle them by saying they aren't adults.

What people call them doesn't really matter. Age also doesn't really matter. But 18 year olds fit the definition of kid, which simply means a young person, and their bodies and brains are still right in the middle of a hyper-maturing season. Regardless, some of them are more adults than some 50 year olds, and some of them more kids than some 14 year olds.

Generalizing doesn't help either way also this thread is weird

Why you would do either while training to be in superior shape, challenge/maintain playing time and win games is beyond me. Should be 0% for both in a perfect world...

you mean just like professional athletes?

You know there are some conditioning coaches, in professional euro football (soccer) that I know of have no sex before games policies

Well that's a stupid rule

Why you would do either while training to be in superior shape, challenge/maintain playing time and win games is beyond me. Should be 0% for both in a perfect world...

I am an amateur competitive cyclist and I abstain from both... If you are serious enough about doing well, you won't do either as they will hinder your performance as well as land you in trouble as well.

If everybody on the team is 18 years or older, then they are not "kids".

Do you think any Marine Drill Instructor at Parris Island calls the recruits "kids"?

Do you think any recruit that graduates from Parris Island would suffer being called "a kid"?

Just because these young men play games instead of work for a living or serve their country, let's not belittle them by saying they aren't adults.

Being called a kid by my drill instructor would have been a welcomed change. I still remember getting smoked for laughing when my DI told my rackmate that he could see the coat hanger scars on his skull. Worth it.

I am an amateur competitive cyclist and I abstain from both... If you are serious enough about doing well, you won't do either as they will hinder your performance as well as land you in trouble as well.

You clearly have never read stories from Olympic Villages....

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

You clearly have never read stories from Olympic Villages....

Didn't they go through like 1,500 rubbers! haha!

I think they probably curb drinking during the season. Ill say during season there is probably more smoking going on, like 60 pct smoke and 30 pct that drink, and i think the drinking is not a regular thing. the smoking is more of a lifestyle thing and those who do it do it, and I don't think it affects performance so much. hell maybe qb's and cb's benefit.