Hittin' the links: Golf talk

So, my wife has a new found interest in golf. She's taken my 5-year-old kid to the practice green several times over the past few days. Last night after work I joined them. She isn't a bad putter for a newb, and wanted to show off her skilz. I suggested a putting contest. After putting a few 20 footers, I asked my kid to pick out a hole to putt to. He points to one clear across the sloping green, about 85 feet away. (I stepped it off later. lol) So I stroked one up the slope of the green between two other holes. It arched around the top of the green, gathered some speed as it headed downhill, and plunk, right in the hole. I just acted like I did that sort of thing all the time. (I'd probly need about 40 shots from that spot to make one.) :lol:

So, my wife has a new found interest in golf. She's taken my 5-year-old kid to the practice green several times over the past few days. Last night after work I joined them. She isn't a bad putter for a newb, and wanted to show off her skilz. I suggested a putting contest. After putting a few 20 footers, I asked my kid to pick out a hole to putt to. He points to one clear across the sloping green, about 85 feet away. (I stepped it off later. lol) So I stroked one up the slope of the green between two other holes. It arched around the top of the green, gathered some speed as it headed downhill, and plunk, right in the hole. I just acted like I did that sort of thing all the time. (I'd probly need about 40 shots from that spot to make one.) :lol:

Sweet....act like you've been there before.

Played in a 4 man scramble at Gothenburg yesterday. Must say....I hit the ball better than I have in the last three weeks. Beautiful day and the course is looking very nice. Made my first ever eagle putt. Yes....I'm claiming that even if it was in a scramble. :) It was my 3 wood that got us on the green 10 feet from the hole.

Played in a 4 man scramble at Gothenburg yesterday. Must say....I hit the ball better than I have in the last three weeks. Beautiful day and the course is looking very nice. Made my first ever eagle putt. Yes....I'm claiming that even if it was in a scramble. :) It was my 3 wood that got us on the green 10 feet from the hole.

Ha ha! That's awesome! The only eagle I ever "made" was during a scramble last year. I holed a 120 yard approach shot on a par four. We used another guy's drive on that hole. So I can't really say I made an eagle. Maybe the best shot I've hit in my life. (I've never had a hole in one.) :lol:

Question: What's a reasonable up-and-down percentage for a mid teen handicapper from within 20 yards of the pin? Let's say, a mixed bag of lies and cutsome from the fairway, some from the rough.

===============================

Comparing to PGA: I don't see < 20 yds for PGA players. They break it down to <10 and 10<20

PGA scrambling: (% ranges of the #1 PGA player down to the #199 player)

• <10 yards: from 100%* down to 68%; the #100 PGA player is at 86%
  • 10<20 yards: from 82% down to 50%; the #100 PGA player is at 65%

*Henrik Stenson is at 100% with 19 in a row this year from less than 10 yards. The next 45 guys are at 90% or above from <10 yards.

I played in a Kansas Amateur qualifier yesterday. I struggled on the front but birdied four straight on the back to post 74 and finish 8th out of 84. I'm moving on to Wichita!

Nice! chuckleshuffle

• Fire 1

Any of you guys ever get elbow pain? I started getting it everytime I played this year. It's on the outsides of both my elbow. I think it could be from too tight of a grip, because after a few months off from playing and lifting weights I can still feel it somewhat.

Any of you guys ever get elbow pain? I started getting it everytime I played this year. It's on the outsides of both my elbow. I think it could be from too tight of a grip, because after a few months off from playing and lifting weights I can still feel it somewhat.

Seems like it wouldn't likely be caused by golf, and especially, by your golf grip. Unless you really, really have a chokehold on your clubs.

Then again, I don't claim to know anything about medicine, or golf either. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :lol:

Seems like it wouldn't likely be caused by golf, and especially, by your golf grip. Unless you really, really have a chokehold on your clubs.

Then again, I don't claim to know anything about medicine, or golf either. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :lol:

It definitely occurred because of golf. It came about as my frequency of play increased.