Barfknecht: Buy your tickets for Indy; start planning the parades

Last time I checked we had a new coach. I can't believe how whiny you all are. Pelini did a lot for Nebraska, lets honor him as a former coach and move on and give Riley our support. Bad mouthing Pelini now seems a little like old lady gossip - move on and grow up.

Dig in.

It won't be the last time Bo Pelini's name comes up.

And it shouldn't be.

• Fire 1

Last time I checked we had a new coach. I can't believe how whiny you all are. Pelini did a lot for Nebraska, lets honor him as a former coach and move on and give Riley our support. Bad mouthing Pelini now seems a little like old lady gossip - move on and grow up.

I'm sorry son......a bit louder

article-2177910-006EBA9200000578-669_468

If you want me to consider the fact that Tom Osborne, Jim Tressel and select staff members showed faith and/or loyalty to Bo, I will admit that it confuses me.

Yep. I don't personally know Pelini.....never met him, probably never will. Perhaps you have met him or know him. But those you mention above who know Pelini might have a different view on how Pelini treats "everyone".

If you want me to consider the fact that Tom Osborne, Jim Tressel and select staff members showed faith and/or loyalty to Bo, I will admit that it confuses me.

Yep. I don't personally know Pelini.....never met him, probably never will. Perhaps you have met him or know him. But those you mention above who know Pelini might have a different view on how Pelini treats "everyone".

I officially remove the word "everyone" counselor. It was indeed hyperbolic.

I will simply argue that the way Pelini raged in private and in public, and the way his entire team fell apart under pressure are closely related.

I'm sure he was nice to dogs and children and fans who ran into him, and that lots of his players loved him like a father.

Doesn't change him being a punk and a pu&&y.

That's all.

only person's opinion that mattered was eichorst's. apparently, eichorst did not appreciate his behavior.

and i wonder how many statements ysu will have to make before they get tired of that classless, lunatic clown. they've already issued one, and he hasn't even coached a game yet.

Kids, the Pelini ship has sailed.

I'm nervous about the upcoming season, maybe even more than when Clownahan showed up. I hope I'm wrong. I hope that Riley's able to utilize the talent he's got at his disposal. That the lackluster performances at Or St were just due to not having the talent he needed to run his system.

Because if I'm wrong, you thought the board was unbearable when Pelini got fired, it'll be a infinitely worse if Riley sh*ts the bed...

I'm nervous about the upcoming season, maybe even more than when Clownahan showed up. I hope I'm wrong. I hope that Riley's able to utilize the talent he's got at his disposal. That the lackluster performances at Or St were just due to not having the talent he needed to run his system.

Because if I'm wrong, you thought the board was unbearable when Pelini got fired, it'll be a infinitely worse if Riley sh*ts the bed...

No reason to reference Callahan as "Clownahan" kids.......that ship has sailed.

• Fire 2

Pelini is a psychotic and petulant nutjob. We're far better off now that he's moved on. It's kind of amazong to me that he still has a few sycophants left to defend him. In my view his actions are indefensible.

I was never on the Bo bandwagon

He did some good things to keep a leaking ship from capsizing- now hopefully the next step is back to relativity

He was an embarrassment in many ways and in the end not a good fit, Im very glad he is gone

However I know several people including players and adult friends of mine who had consistent interactions with him who thought the world of him on a 1-1 basis

Like most people he has his pluses and minuses- but demonizing him serves little purpose

Time to move on

well solich screwed that up with poor recruiting. But i guess that sh#t sailed.

But at leadt Solich and Callahan didnt leave before settin the dock on fire.

Pelini is a psychotic and petulant nutjob. We're far better off now that he's moved on. It's kind of amazong to me that he still has a few sycophants left to defend him. In my view his actions are indefensible.

I was never on the Bo bandwagon

He did some good things to keep a leaking ship from capsizing- now hopefully the next step is back to relativity

He was an embarrassment in many ways and in the end not a good fit, Im very glad he is gone

However I know several people including players and adult friends of mine who had consistent interactions with him who thought the world of him on a 1-1 basis

Like most people he has his pluses and minuses- but demonizing him serves little purpose

Time to move on

It's really interesting watching the fallout on Jim Harbaugh's firing by the San Francisco 49ers after one of the most successful runs by a rookie coach in NFL history.

At every step in his career, Harbaugh leaves behind people who he rubbed the wrong way, who admired him as a coach and competitor but soon admitted they couldn't stand being around him on a daily basis. Alex Boone, one of Harbaugh's most public defenders last year just admitted that Harbaugh's manic style wore down veteran players, and he even wondered if the man was clinically insane. And at every step in his career, there are others who defend Coach Harbaugh and say his results speak for themselves. So clearly both sides are correct. In this case, both side predict Harbaugh's time at Michigan will be brief.

I'm normally not one for demonizing, but demonizing most definitely serves a purpose. It makes it easier to move on.

• Fire 1

well solich screwed that up with poor recruiting. But i guess that sh#t sailed.

But at leadt Solich and Callahan didnt leave before settin the dock on fire.

<insert something about Callahan and "burn the boats" here>