Barfknecht: Buy your tickets for Indy; start planning the parades

It is a breath of fresh air, Mike is a good guy, hopefully he is as good of coach as we need.

Mack Brown sure thinks he is great and Mack loves this program. He still calls us the best fans in college football. Pretty class guy to. He says Coach Riley is as close to an offensive genius as he has seen. He thinks we are on the right path.

Brown has ALWAYS been a classy guy- Texas fans aren't

Class move inviting him here- perfect move

Very "adult"

It's what a Tom Osborne would have done

Heck TO was friends with Switzer- good buds with Bobby Bowden- we got screwed in 93 by FSU- he never held it against Bobby

I don't know if Riley will win- but he doesn't have everyone around the country hating on NU or having the players hate the fans

We are Nebraska

We don't act like crybabies, limp excuse makers or hillbilly thugs

• Fire 1

Just once it would have been cool to see a Husker sports writer really call out Pelini and not give a damn about his access to practice or interviews. But I guess doing so 4 months after a guy is gone is good too.

If I was a sportswriter, I would not have called him out while he was here. I like to think I would but in the end I probably wouldn't. I just wouldn't think it was worth it. I would rather have less hassle and keep my job "easy" than create issues. Heck, it is what I do now, I basically "don't rock the boat".

If I was a radio guy...I might...it seems a bit different for radio guys. But, I do remember Matt Perrualt trying that "shtick" a few years back and if kind of blew up in his face but in the end it might have been that he was trying sooooo hard to hate on NU that it just didn't work.

We're ready to ride the breath of fresh air to the championships to which we have always been entitled.

http://bit.ly/1Nw8jim

Entitled? WTF! C'mon...championships are earned. Period. Stop with the entitled crap. We haven't played well enough to earn a championship in forever. We aren't entitled, just hungry. Let's hope we can beat the teams we are supposed to beat, steal a few we maybe aren't and get a chance to play for one in Indy. But, we have to earn that right each and every Saturday. Entitled my butt.

We're ready to ride the breath of fresh air to the championships to which we have always been entitled.

http://bit.ly/1Nw8jim

Entitled? WTF! C'mon...championships are earned. Period. Stop with the entitled crap. We haven't played well enough to earn a championship in forever. We aren't entitled, just hungry. Let's hope we can beat the teams we are supposed to beat, steal a few we maybe aren't and get a chance to play for one in Indy. But, we have to earn that right each and every Saturday. Entitled my butt.

I've always been against the entitled stuff as well. But in Barf's defense here, I see the context as being that for a program with such a rich tradition, excellent fans, top notch facilities, there's really no excuse for us to essentially not even sniff a division title every year. Actually, if you think about it, it's down right unacceptable. Now, if you compare our 15 year championship drought to the struggles of other blueblood programs (OU, USC, Florida St, Alabama, Texas, Michigan), yeah, we're significantly much better off if you look at it from a win percentage wise. But when you look at it closely, there's really no significance in any win. Hell, it could be argued that the proudest wins of the Callahan and Pelini eras were games we actually lost on the scoreboard. What does that mean?

So yeah, in a way, we are "entitled". We put enough into this program all the way around that it's time for this drought to end. There's no excuse for it anymore.

It find it odd how obsessed with Pelini the OWH is. They even have a front page story on his house being up for sale.

I'm not sure what was worse, OWH coming after him with pitchforks and torches all the time or the LJS kissing his butt until they were REALLY REALLY sure he was fired.

I don't really care much about either one of those, but the dude was fired almost six months ago and they're posting stories weekly about him. How about we look forward instead of looking back?

• Fire 2

Do other fan bases whine as much as we do about media coverage?

OWH is too tough on Bo. LJS is to easy on Bo. ESPN doesn't give us enough attention. National CFB writer XYZ hates us. And on and on and on...

Yes. All of them.

I've even heard Bama fans say that ESPN hates the SEC.

I lol'd.

OWH is too tough on Bo. LJS is to easy on Bo. ESPN doesn't give us enough attention. National CFB writer XYZ hates us. And on and on and on...

Yes. All of them.

I lol'd.

Shoot...in the mid 90's the only Bama game on TV was the Iron Bowl...(it seemed that way)

Yes. All of them.

I lol'd.

Shoot...in the mid 90's the only Bama game on TV was the Iron Bowl...(it seemed that way)

I lived in Alabama in the 90's. There were plenty of games on TV

Yes. All of them.

I lol'd.

I lived in Alabama in the 90's. There were plenty of games on TV

I think that is regional coverage, right? I mean national games. I could be wrong, I just don't remember them being the ESPN night game all that often.