Barfknecht: Buy your tickets for Indy; start planning the parades

It find it odd how obsessed with Pelini the OWH is. They even have a front page story on his house being up for sale.

I'm not sure what was worse, OWH coming after him with pitchforks and torches all the time or the LJS kissing his butt until they were REALLY REALLY sure he was fired.

I don't really care much about either one of those, but the dude was fired almost six months ago and they're posting stories weekly about him. How about we look forward instead of looking back?

Agree....I am so sick of the entire Pelini crap. And, it also boils all the way down to even fans still throwing out the "Boleaver and Boleiver" crap in arguments.

He is gone. He isn't here anymore. Nobody from his staff is here anymore. By all accounts and what I saw in the Spring game, the players have moved on. I just wish the media and some fans could move on too and talk about the future.

• Fire 1

It find it odd how obsessed with Pelini the OWH is. They even have a front page story on his house being up for sale.

I'm not sure what was worse, OWH coming after him with pitchforks and torches all the time or the LJS kissing his butt until they were REALLY REALLY sure he was fired.

I don't really care much about either one of those, but the dude was fired almost six months ago and they're posting stories weekly about him. How about we look forward instead of looking back?

Agree....I am so sick of the entire Pelini crap. And, it also boils all the way down to even fans still throwing out the "Boleaver and Boleiver" crap in arguments.

He is gone. He isn't here anymore. Nobody from his staff is here anymore. By all accounts and what I saw in the Spring game, the players have moved on. I just wish the media and some fans could move on too and talk about the future.

You know?

Youre right. Back to blaming Callahan it is.

• Fire 2

Though our last two firings involved different circumstances, people talked about Callahan for years following Pelini's hire and still do. Again, very different circumstances, but there's definitely a market out there for stories like this.

Right now, it's one of their most popular stories on the OWH web page.

• Fire 1

Yeah, I didn't read it all but I got the gist of it. Remember when the 500 Husker sports reporters would talk about Bo and his staff like they could do no wrong. Just wait until Riley loses a couple games. Maybe it will never happen again, but I'll assume it will until it doesn't.

Yeah, I didn't read it all but I got the gist of it. Remember when the 500 Husker sports reporters would talk about Bo and his staff like they could do no wrong. Just wait until Riley loses a couple games. Maybe it will never happen again, but I'll assume it will until it doesn't.

The angst surrounding Bo from the media had less to do with the losses themselves, but more about the way they lost, the tone of the losses and the attitude from Bo following the losses. Bo fostered the us-against-the-world mentality and it always seemed like things were just so hard for him... nothing was easy, woe is me, etc.

There's nothing wrong with that mentality if you're winning, but if you're losing, that changes things. And Bo had a way of taking it out on the fans and media. I don't think Riley is going to be that type of guy.

• Fire 1

Why do we have to do this thing where we paint Bo as a complete idiot. Remember the good times please. The kick and pick, that first bowl win vs Clemson, regular season games like Missouri, Washington, and KState and the hail Mary ... Just to name a few. Bo had his flaws. He was let go when it got to the point that he was completely stuck and could go no further in his progress towards a championship. End of story. We can talk about the good history, but the bad, let's just give that up. It's too damn depressing.

• Fire 4

Why do we have to do this thing where we paint Bo as a complete idiot. Remember the good times please. The kick and pick, that first bowl win vs Clemson, regular season games like Missouri, Washington, and KState and the hail Mary ... Just to name a few. Bo had his flaws. He was let go when it got to the point that he was completely stuck and could go no further in his progress towards a championship. End of story. We can talk about the good history, but the bad, let's just give that up. It's too damn depressing.

I agree with this. I dont like bein the guy that acts like Bo didnt do anything right. It wasnt that bad. But in contrast, the way he left, and the way he left the team, it's really hard to recognize any of the good. And that's on him. He put us in that situation. He's the one that refused to understand the nature of being a coach at a bigtime program. Not us.

It's telling that Coach Cav already understands such a dynamic with his quote the other day. They love being here. They think it's great. But they know they have to win. Cuz without winning it can ugly quickly. That's the way bigtime sports work. Youre paid to win.

• Fire 2

And we should only remember Callahan for is North title and the Michigan bowl win. But not his causing us to miss a bowl game in 2 of his 4 seasons or 70-10 or "f'n hillbillies" or "crusty old f".

And we should only remember Solich for him winning the Big 12 in 99. But not for 62-36 or 7-7.

Gotcha.

Not a fan of Barfy at all, but it wasn't a bad read. The "Losers Limp" jab at Pelini was just that a jab. With that being said, the quote from Kevin Williams about meetings starting on time is very telling. It may not sound like much to some of you but it is very telling about how things went down under BP. Being on time is the first step in being a disciplined person and a disciplined FB player. If your HC is not disciplined enough to be on time to a meeting that he called than how can you expect your team to play disciplined football.

On top of that it is just plain rude to be late to things. I can't stand people that are constantly late for things all the time. It is one of the things that really bugs me in life.

Comes as no surprise, to me anyway, that Pelini & Co., were allegedly loosey goosey around the edges as to team logistics. I have also contended that the BOPster probably wasn't--at the end of the day--the best communicator in the world. All this adding up to the relatively sloppy, undisciplined 'product' they frequently put on the field. For ~3mil per, yeah, I think you'd at least want to show up on time to things.

As they say, it's all water under the bridge now...

• Fire 1

The highly controversial former HC sold and continues to sell them(OWH) muchos newspapers, so you ride that pony 'til he won't ride no more. That's about the long and short of it: controversy sells. Too bad, for them, there wasn't ever a sex scandal involved--cha ching $!

Man, yesterday I was watching a replay(ESPN Classic) of the OSU Beavs chew up 'dem Ducks like a wood chipper, and was thinkin' to myself, "man, Riley has these guys playing like a well oiled machine!" Then the camera panned the sideline:

1210567.jpg

:hmmph

Anyway, it's clear that Riley is a public relations dream and has everybody smiling in Husker Nation. If the guy backs it up with bringin us back to winning in the way in which we had, back in the day, become accustomed, I daresy this could be the sports hire of the century! One would think he could get us in a position of domination of the lowly B1G West and, hence, to Indy on a regularly basis. I really hope this works out.

All Rile'd UP!

In hindsight, the OWH wasn't nearly hard enough on Bo. And the people who thought they were being mean to him were almost invariably Bo fanboys whose mancrush on that idiotic nutjob seems even more embarrassing now.