Did Newby get hurt?

Hopefully he can hang onto the football better than his previous two years

Funny how the same thing was said about Abdullah

Was about to post that then I saw you beat me to it. So true though.

And NFL Analysts still say it. Hopefully, Newby can nip it in the bud and not make it a habit like the numbers Abdullah posted...until he improved his Sr. year.

Just hope you hold Cross as accountable for his weaknessES as you do Newby for his.

• Fire 2

And NFL Analysts still say it. Hopefully, Newby can nip it in the bud and not make it a habit like the numbers Abdullah posted...until he improved his Sr. year.

Just hope you hold Cross as accountable for his weaknessES as you do Newby for his.

You bet man...Cross won't set land speed records and definitely doesn't cut as well as Newby laterally. Of course, we've had backs like that also (Rex) and done just fine. I still think he's one of the most complete backs we have on the roster and I think him and Newby should split time.

Cross is "just like" Burkhead?

I guess I don't remember Ameer being so bad at keeping the ball tucked. All I remember of Newby was his butterfingers his first two years

You bet man...Cross won't set land speed records and definitely doesn't cut as well as Newby laterally. Of course, we've had backs like that also (Rex) and done just fine. I still think he's one of the most complete backs we have on the roster and I think him and Newby should split time.

Cross is "just like" Burkhead?

Speed and straight ahead runner? Yep. Good pass blocking and blitz pickup? Yep.

Similar in that respect yep.

Uh, Rex had way more moves than Imani does.

Not even remotely close

Burkhead had insane vertical and pro agility run numbers before he got hurt

Rex didn't run stiff, was legit zone runner- had very good feel for it

Rex got drafted and will play some years in the NFL

Rex ran for over 3300 yards, returned kicks and caught 60 passes

SO Imani would need about 2200 yards this year, 57 receptions and several hundred yards in returns- not going to happen

And remember Rex was out a bunch due to injuries

Imani didn't do any of that and wont make an NFL roster

Not the same guy at all- much different

Boy you sure do like to create arguments by huffing and puffing eh? You just decided I said something I didn't and then flailed around arguing against it.

I said we've had backs that didn't/do not make lateral cuts in the same vein of Cross...that's Rex. He wasn't a lateral cut guy. I didn't say Cross was Rex.

I did say Cross is one of the most complete RB's we have with pass pro and blitz pickup.

You compared Imani to Rex- lateral cuts "Cross won't set land speed records and definitely doesn't cut as well as Newby laterally. Of course, we've had backs like that also (Rex) and done just fine "

Complete running backs are lateral cut guys- which Rex was

You don't get 3300 yards rushing or 60 receptions and return kicks without being able to lateral cut well and he missed a bunch of games

He had what 1 tackle for loss- because he was great at the read on the zone play which requires the lateral cut

Complete RBs don't have 1100 yard rushing after 3 years