Christianity Harms, Kills Another Child

NBC News Article

<snip>

There's a reason there are base laws in our society that supersede the "beliefs" and "laws" of religion, and why there is such a thing as Separation of Church and State--cause frankly, State logic and laws needs to step in when Church faith/stupidity begins to harm the defenseless, regardless of the religion.

It seems that you are under the mistaken impression that the state was unable to protect this child due to separation of church and state. That is not the case. The people responsible for caring for this child broke the law. If state welfare agencies had been aware of their behavior they would have stepped in and saved the child.

It seems that you are under the mistaken impression that this sort of thing is common practice among Christians. It is not. Not even among Pentecostals.

/thread fail :facepalm:

And before we go off saying this is a whackadoodle version of Christianity:

How is this NOT a "whackadoodle" version of Christianity? If this were a common tenet amongst Christians, wouldn't we see dozens, hundreds of such stories? We don't, it's rare, and labeling all Christians as like this is not remotely correct.

So where's the similar angst and consternation when posters paint Muslims on this board with the same broad brush? Not particularly from you, Knapplc, but from our more conservative Christian posters that continue lump the whole of Islam together?

I would like to personally thank Vectorvictor for grouping me, a believer in Jesus Christ, with these lunatics.

No problem. Just continuing established thought processes on this board. 'Cause, you know, everything is black and white, and who needs critical thought processes?

So, let me get this straight.

You make a post basically claiming that Christianity is all for starving and abusing kids. After all, the title says...."Christianity Harms, Kills Another Child".

In the body of the post you claim that this isn't just some wackadoodle church and act like you have proof of that.....

But, then when you are called out on it, the discussion goes to acting like you really don't believe that and you are doing some great justice by pointing out how grouping large numbers of people together is wrong.

I have to ask, do you have many examples of people lumping all Muslims together into one hateful religion on this board? I really don't ever remember it.

• Fire 1

How is this NOT a "whackadoodle" version of Christianity? If this were a common tenet amongst Christians, wouldn't we see dozens, hundreds of such stories? We don't, it's rare, and labeling all Christians as like this is not remotely correct.

Thank-you Knapp for speaking up. And also thank-you for addressing my post. And yes, Moderation is a good thing in posting a article.

So where's the similar angst and consternation when posters paint Muslims on this board with the same broad brush? Not particularly from you, Knapplc, but from our more conservative Christian posters that continue lump the whole of Islam together?

I would like to personally thank Vectorvictor for grouping me, a believer in Jesus Christ, with these lunatics.

No problem. Just continuing established thought processes on this board. 'Cause, you know, everything is black and white, and who needs critical thought processes?

So, let me get this straight.

You make a post basically claiming that Christianity is all for starving and abusing kids. After all, the title says...."Christianity Harms, Kills Another Child".

In the body of the post you claim that this isn't just some wackadoodle church and act like you have proof of that.....

But, then when you are called out on it, the discussion goes to acting like you really don't believe that and you are doing some great justice by pointing out how grouping large numbers of people together is wrong.

I have to ask, do you have many examples of people lumping all Muslims together into one hateful religion on this board? I really don't ever remember it.

On this board I can recall that happening maybe twice, and one of those I don't think is the poster's sentiment anymore.

Most Christians, like most Muslims, are not batsh#t insane. This was batsh#t insane and does not reflect Christianity as we know it.

This is the exact same thing I try to tell the crazy ass Republicans I work with. The ones that hate Obama and don't understand the relutance to label terrorists as "Muslim Extremists". It can be seen as a reference to an entire religion, a very large number of people at that.

Hence my "Christian Extremists" comment. Most Christians would not want to be associated, or have their religion associated, with people who do things like this.

• Fire 2

Most Christians, like most Muslims, are not batsh#t insane. This was batsh#t insane and does not reflect Christianity as we know it.

But the batsh#t insane ones always seem to scream the loudest.

So....lesson to be learned.

Don't judge a group by the few that make the news.

What other lessons can we get in before lunch time?

What about Volksfront? I think we can judge that whole mess and say that anyone that associates with it are just sh#tlords.

What about Volksfront? I think we can judge that whole mess and say that anyone that associates with it are just sh#tlords.

There is a big difference between the original post and judging an organization that openly promotes racism and racism is the foundation of its existence.