Your Worst Date Story...

My HS consolidated with the next town over right before my Freshman year so there was an abundance of new faces to sort through. This one gal really had an eye for me and her friend was trying hard to hook is up. I rode around with them one night and she kept nudging me to ask her out. I didnt feel like doing that with her around so I didnt.

The next Monday we had a job fair thing going on so it was a no class free for all. Me and my buddy were bumming around and would bump into the two girls so I would do my usual flirty routine whenever the chance arose. After half a day of me being quite forward towards her it was revealed to me that my buddy asked her out like the next day after I didnt. Well, I felt like a heel. So instead I hit on the other chick.

Fast forward like 2 months and she inevitably breaks up with my buddy and just happens to be drunk at one of my parties. Unfortunately I was a backyard wrestler and was in the next match so when she came up to me with googly eyes I had to pass for the moment. Not 15 minutes later she left with some other dude.

Month later Im cruising main street with my buddy when wouldnt ya know it, she flags us down. He still is mad at her yet she walks up to my window and convinces me to tell him to hit the road so we can go be alone.

Im such a jerk. Happy ending though, I was her first that night. We dated for 2.5 years and then she broke up with me and toyed with my head for 3 more years. Now she has a kid from a dude 20 years older than her that disappeared and it makes me laugh.

You chose a backyard wrestling match over hooking up with a girl? That sh#t aint right.

Um, it was a title match brah. Gotta defend my strap.

Did you win?

Wait...I guess even if you won the match you still kind of lost but did you win the match?

• Fire 1

Who the heck goes to a party to wrestle?

I agree, the backyard wrestling section threw me for a loop. I guess that's what these crazy kids are doing now-a-days.

This was like 13 years ago, not exactly a trend these days.

I didn't know it was a trend 13 years ago.

It was a pretty big thing in the late 90's-early 00's.

I agree, the backyard wrestling section threw me for a loop. I guess that's what these crazy kids are doing now-a-days.

It was a pretty big thing in the late 90's-early 00's.

Were you also a Juggalo at some point? I think ICP had their own backyard wrestling video game

This isn't mine but a friend:

A buddy of mine down in Atlanta had a mega crush on the queen cheerleader in high school (my friend is a bit of a shy quiet dude). Somehow he convinced her that he was worth getting to know, and their families were pretty good friends together, so she agreed to go on a date with him and part of the night included dinner with her parents. They took the metra train to dinner at a mall complex, and in the middle he had to fart. Never trust a fart. He ended up pooping his pants fairly significantly, and just sat there in it. He said he was wearing black jeans so it wasn't readily noticeable visually when they went to leave, but the smell was, at least to him, fairly noticeable.

Not knowing what to do, he asked if they could stop at Old Navy quick. He went and grabbed some pants and a sweater and when he went to check out he told the clerk, "I don't actually need the sweater, I only want the pants", asking her to basically pretend to check out both items. They head back to the metra station, and when they're on the train he tells her that he needs to use the bathroom.

He hurries into the bathroom as fast as he can, and immediately strips off his soiled pants and underwear and throws them out the damn train window. Next, he goes to grab the pants out of the bag, only to find that there is only a sweater. No pants. Naked in the bathroom on the train.

He never came out.

Wow! LOL. Thanks for sharing this nugget LOMS!!!! I haven't laughed that hard in years.

Hard to follow Landlord's story. Tops.

Mine wasn't a specific date but a several day event. My girlfriend at the time moved from our town (in eastern SD) to spend the summer with friends in Montana. At the end of the summer I drove 19 hours straight to 'bring her home" - arriving at 2 am or so. The next morning we get up to go to Yellowstone. We see the Yellowstone falls and then drive a few miles and my water pump goes out. We make it to the gas station and while siting in the trees, watching a moose come out of the woods, and waiting on my car - she says those famous words no one likes to hear: "I think we are getting too serious."

Talk about deflating - drive 19 hours, broken down car, 2 hours from her friends, and then you hear those words.

Luckily, when we made it back to eastern SD, and I made her a dinner of my not-so famous but good fried chicken, we started to click again. She's now been my wife of 36 years.

• Fire 1

This sounds like dudes saying...hey, let's go wrestle in the back yard and chicks will be all over us.

Meanwhile they are bored with you and dating the captain of the speach team.

How many here have ever been stood up? What is your time allowance for someone you have never met?

Back in Sept 2013, I'd agreed to meet a lady at a sports bar about 25 minutes away. She appeared to be excited. I texted her when I arrived. She told me to go sit in the bar and that she would be in shortly. After about an hour I finally called her bluff and went home. I could have texted her back to tell her how inconsiderate that was but I left it alone.

I vaguely remember hooking up with my roommate's girlfriend's sister after a night of heavy drinking, back in the day. I also vaguely remember puking in a big Flying J mug the next morning because I woke up with no advanced warning. Not sure if I woke her up or not, but I was barfing pretty loud right next to her while she was sleeping.

Still feeling sick, I put the mug in my closet and went back to bed. Forgot all about it, and it sat there for weeks. As time went by, the funky smell permeated my room. Couldn't be bothered to find the culprit so I just covered it up with Febreze. It also kills the odor dontcha know. It was my favorite mug, but when I found it it had to go. There was no saving it.

That's about the closest I ever came to a "bad date" scenario, I guess. I must have been pretty smooth back in my dating days, and always made sure to poop before I left the house. I thought that was a given.

I still miss that mug. =(

This sounds like dudes saying...hey, let's go wrestle in the back yard and chicks will be all over us.

Meanwhile they are bored with you and dating the captain of the speach team.

Trust me, we didn't do it for the girls. We weren't exactly beating them off with sticks because of it.

I'm sure the speech team got plenty of action too.