Player: Ben Stille
Hometown: Ashland, Nebraska
School: Ashland-Greenwood
Position: Defensive End, Tight End
Height: 6-4
Weight: 231
40 time: 5.0
Offers: Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio, Wyoming
Visits: 6/12/15; 8/9/15; 9/5/15 - BYU; 9/12/15 vs. South Alabama; 10/10/15 vs. Wisconsin

O8n7o.png

Twitter

Rivals: :star:star :star
247: #28 SDE; :star :star :star
Scout: #85 DE; :star :star :star
ESPN:

Hudl

He likes defense but we're undecided if he'll be DE or TE. He said either is fine with him.

This one will be a take and figure his position out depending on who the staff gets. I personally like him at TE.

Good news. I have been hearing good things about Stille for a while. I say we take him as a kicker (56/63 PAT, 5/6 FG, 21 touchbacks) and try him at either TE or DE during a RS year to see where he fits. My thoughts after watching his film is he could be a hybrid TE but may be a better DE, given his natural pass rush ability. However, to become a solid D1 DE, he will have to develop some DE-specific moves (his highlights are of him only bull-rushing).

Won't amount to anything. Small town kid.

<_<

Except he's in eastern Nebraska, where they know how to play real football :)

Done deal according to 24/7 guy on 1620. Plans to commit ASAP after he meets with coaches and gets the OK.

Good for him. Loving having the early Nebraska ring leader like Gifford and Decker the last two years.

When Derek Mason was at Stanford they would always recruit kids from the Midwest.

His film is really good. Devastating blocker and he always keeps his feet churning. But he looks like he'd be a better DE. Really excited about this one.

Is he willing to add an 'r' to the end of his last name?

Would probably pass otherwise.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

Awesome offer by Nebraska. Have had a chance to work with Ben and he's a legit talent. Incredible combination of size and athleticism. He's very fast and very quick for his size. D End will probably be his position, but I do wonder how much weight he can handle. He's pretty well filled out at 230 right now. 250 might be his max.

Army dropped by to visit Ben yesterday. Don't think we should be to worried about them, but it does speak some to his character if they are interested.

Scott Frost met with Ben this morning and a couple other Ashland players for the 2017 class.

Huh. My friend sat with next to him on the plane into Omaha this Sunday - I figured he came to see family. Nope.

Scott Frost met with Ben this morning and a couple other Ashland players for the 2017 class.

Huh. My friend sat with next to him on the plane into Omaha this Sunday - I figured he came to see family. Nope.

FWIW....Scott did get to see his family also.

The kid is a "football player", 1700 yards rushing as Soph, 600 as Frosh

Not sure he has the size or 40 time to get a lot of people interested, which is good

Has good vertical, good body control and he can play physical, see him as a SS type

Pfft

Meh

Whatev

Not impressed

...............................................Like hell!

Welcome Ben. Have some dancing bananers :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance

Decent size and frame for a DE. Probably not the caliber of player we need at DE right now, as we've struggled with recruiting quality DEs lately, but a red shirt year will help him quite a bit.

• Upvote 1

He played both sides of the ball and kicked, and dominated at everything he did. At de, it appear from the highlights (lots of them) that no one can stop him. At te, he blocks like a beast, adjusts well to the ball and has great hands. And his kicks look good. Nice pick up.

Real diamond in the rough.

Lol at some of these responses. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got the kid but y'all are acting like we signed some 5 star, top 100 recruit. Just find it funny were acting like this in one recruits board, yet writing others off after they signed. With that being said, welcome Ben.

Lol at some of these responses. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got the kid but y'all are acting like we signed some 5 star, top 100 recruit. Just find it funny were acting like this in one recruits board, yet writing others off after they signed. With that being said, welcome Ben.

lol, with that being said.....

These are the kids you keep in Nebraska

Exactly Hedley. Personally, I love this staffs efforts so far with the in state kids. They've recognized the local talent early and haven't wasted time in extending offers. These kids belong on the field playing for the Big Red.

These are the kinds of players that usually go to Iowa or Stanford and become great players. Glad we got him to stay home.