A BIG Thank You to Knapplc - all members and guests please read

It’s with great sadness we announce knapplc will be stepping down as moderator for the Huskerboard team. He is easily one of our most popular members.

Through the years he has taken it upon himself to inform, challenge and engage the community with his clear, straightforward commentary that often contained humor to compliment in which only a few could devise.

Never worried about perception, he stood up for what was right for the board and the Husker community in general. He went above and beyond for many months when there were many gaps throughout the board, taking it upon himself to do what he felt the majority would approve.

This can often be a very thankless position. It can take a lot out of you, it can run you down. knapplc stuck through some difficult times offering up his thoughts without hesitation. I always knew I was getting his best intentions because ultimately he wanted what was best for the Huskerboard community. A community that easily exceeds 50k unique users a month because of the work he performed. As he feels now, sometimes you just know when to say when.

A toast to you knapplc on a job so unbelievable well done. We hope you will stick around and continue to be an amazing resource for all who visit. Your love for the University of Nebraska and this community are unmatched.

Thanks Eric

P.S. We ask that you not inundate his PM box with questions, simply leave a thank you here.

• Fire 5

This is a thread to thank someone who put in countless hours into this and I was merely making a comment that few probably knew about him. Please keep this about him. If you need to discuss something you can PM me or start another thread in the BRL about our donation drive. I would like to keep this about knapplc. If you would like to thank him please do so here, if not please start another thread.

• Fire 3

This is how I'm feeling right now

79fabf305bb6f6bb4f4b4f12c4e8400e.jpg

Knapplc is easily one of my favorite contributors here and one of the easiest to conversate with when we've met in person. Seems like a damn good dude to me. Caught quite a bit of unnecessary feedback from some folks here. Credit to him for handling all of it with class, Lord knows I couldn't do the same. He also gets a lot of love around here for his in depth viewpoints, the awesome photos (especially that building project feature you did, awesome pics) and the time and effort put into his comments and the threads he started. Some really interesting discussions.

Good stuff man.

I'm hoping this isn't the end of knapplc is it? Just the end of a mod era?

post-12898-Be-Excellent-to-Each-Other-gi

• Fire 1

Wow, Knappa huge thank you to you for all of your efforts towards making Huskerboard the best Husker board. During your time as a Mod on HB, I've seen time and again when you've demonstrated the wisdom of Solomon. And to my knowledge you've never even cut one baby in half. :thumbs:

• Fire 3

I for one will greatly miss having knapp as a mod . I sure hope he sticks around and still contributes as a "normal" poster. We did not always see eye to eye, especially back in my more conservative political posting days but, I always respected knapp's opinion and his keen writing style. However, when it came to football topics, I cannot think of anything of substance we ever disagreed on so that tells me he's a pretty smart feller. Haha.

Anyway knapp thanks for the countless hours you've spent trying to make this a better and more hospitable place. In almost all ways you are Huskerboard to me. If you're moving on, I wish you the best. If you're sticking around, well, you can't ban me anymore *sticks out tongue*. Seriously though, Thank You.

• Fire 2

He's a good mod and better poster. We're keeping the better part.

Sorry bud, not to kiss his ass too much, but this would be the thread for kissing knappy's ass.........he was the best damn mod this board has, he's a legendary poster and ONE HELL OF A MODEL AMERICAN tumblr_ljs3doOEJp1qb7645o1_500.gif

I'm glad he's staying on to indulge us with his wisdom at least.

• Fire 2

Knapps just trying to get his campaign going early for next year HB team lineup as HC now that he's eligible. ;)

/s

But seriously Knapplc, you were a great mod that wore the poster and mod hats perfectly and I can commend it as I surely couldn't do the same. You also let me into the group with ease at the tailgate for Bo's last spring game and made me feel like I was instantly part of the convo. I'll drink some Hennessey in your name tonight bud!

• Fire 1