Has anyone here quit their job without something lined up?

I did last summer. I basically decided to live off of savings for the summer to spend it with my kids. Found a new job and started about a week before they went back to school. It was a great summer. Spent quality time with them at a time when they still want to be around me. We were able to afford to still do some small trips, go to Adventureland, went and stayed a week at Two Rivers. Had a lot of fun. Now I want to find a job working for the school so I can do that every summer.

Be an administrator. You can't be worse than 90% of them

Ha! Amen!

I did it twice...Both times it worked out just fine I guess.

Got to find an opening. Not sure how much my experience in finance will work for BPS, but I'm willing to try if they have an opening. :D

You are in good shape...the more experience you have in education the less likely you are to get an administration job! ha

You're in a much better position to look when you still have a job. You won't have to take the first job offered, and prospective employees may look at you a bit suspiciously if you are out of a job--did you get fired for poor performance or something you may be likely to repeat there, are you the type to bolt when things get a bit tough, unable to get along with people, etc. Also you they can low-ball you on an offer rather than think they have to give you a decent offer to get you to leave your current job. The only advantage to leaving (other than obviously getting out of a crappy job) is that you could look full time but I'd say take a few days vacay to get away from it.

it was my first job out of grad school..... like my first "this is my career" job. Boy what a nightmare... i got suspended once... got into fights with my coworkers, my boss hated me, intern chicks were scared of me... before summer they called me in and i thought i was doneskies..... but f#*k they wanted me back and didn't want to fire me (what a bunch of a$$hole$)!!!! However as i was slowly going insane listening to all this fat slippery taco/tampoon of a women talk to me all i could think of was my wedding in a week... most of my friends had already flown in and were already in the OBX getting wasted and snorting lines......

SOOO i basically went MIA for two weeks. I called them on my honeymoon (after ignoring all theirs calls) and said oh yeah in case you didn't figure it out i quit..... nothing line up no plans just married and a three year old kid....... honestly i didn't even put two and two together how potentially fuct i was.....

but literally a month later someone calls and hires me...but this boss turned out to be an EVEN big douche than the first boss so i quit that job too (or was i fired?!) i don't remember.. prob a little of both.... six months later i moved home.. now its all G... but yeah that my story

it was my first job out of grad school..... like my first "this is my career" job. Boy what a nightmare... i got suspended once... got into fights with my coworkers, my boss hated me, intern chicks were scared of me... before summer they called me in and i thought i was doneskies..... but f#*k they wanted me back and didn't want to fire me (what a bunch of a$$hole$)!!!! However as i was slowly going insane listening to all this fat slippery taco/tampoon of a women talk to me all i could think of was my wedding in a week... most of my friends had already flown in and were already in the OBX getting wasted and snorting lines......

SOOO i basically went MIA for two weeks. I called them on my honeymoon (after ignoring all theirs calls) and said oh yeah in case you didn't figure it out i quit..... nothing line up no plans just married and a three year old kid....... honestly i didn't even put two and two together how potentially fuct i was.....

but literally a month later someone calls and hires me...but this boss turned out to be an EVEN big douche than the first boss so i quit that job too (or was i fired?!) i don't remember.. prob a little of both.... six months later i moved home.. now its all G... but yeah that my story

So you, your wife and kid are living in your mom's basement? Explains all of the HB posts

giphy.gif

• Fire 6

So you, your wife and kid are living in your mom's basement? Explains all of the HB posts

yes i do i not contribute much to this board.... but

1. NO i don't live in my moms basement (hawaii has no basements anyways)

2. I own my own house!!! jheah!!

3. I've got three kids now!!

yes i do i not contribute much to this board.... but

1. NO i don't live in my moms basement (hawaii has no basements anyways)

2. I own my own house!!! jheah!!

3. I've got three kids now!!

But on the Lakers board I read you do much better.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

These thoughts are rearing in my head again. I'm tired of being squeezed by my current employer. I've been with them since 2003. I have not been happy since mid 2012. Some days I feel this way. Others I don't.

A new year is coming up I have to get out of this place!

If you're not happy with where you're working and you could afford to take a pay cut to go somewhere with a better work environment and still live comfortably, I'd say do it. Sometimes the money isn't worth the stress that comes with it.

• Fire 2