Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

Since there seems to be a surprising and confusing amount of people not eager to switch, I'll just leave these here to show that I'm not alone, and that these complaints/opinions run across all of college football, not just Nebraska fans whining:

Reactions to news Miami was switching to Adidas - And reactions to the uniforms.

Reactions to news ASU was switching to Adidas

compared to

Reactions to Tennessee's Nike reveal

Reactions to Michigan announcing switch to Nike

• Fire 1

BRB:

Do you not notice how the shoulder stripes are a different color than every other white part of the uniform?

JSTMMKCZEBABGIW.20091206031231.JPG

Or how the shoulder stripes on these are closer to going up and down than they are to going horizontal?

Taylor-Martinez-FB-vs-Idaho-SB-200.JPG

More wonky shoulder stripes:

c4s_david042812_220351a.jpg

Tire tread pattern:

ameer-abdullah1.jpg

Since there seems to be a surprising and confusing amount of people not eager to switch, I'll just leave these here to show that I'm not alone, and that these complaints/opinions run across all of college football, not just Nebraska fans whining:

Reactions to news Miami was switching to Adidas - And reactions to the uniforms.

Reactions to news ASU was switching to Adidas

compared to

Reactions to Tennessee's Nike reveal

Reactions to Michigan announcing switch to Nike

That can be from Niki marketing as much as anything.

I still fail to see the specific complaints.

• Fire 1

I looked through lots of pictures from 2009 and didn't see that.

I honestly don't give a flying rip if the stripes don't go exactly horizontal around the arm.

I actually think that "tractor tire pattern" on the jersey was kind of cool.

So..... :dunno

For the record, I really don't give a flying rip if we change or not. I just honestly don't see the complaints everyone sits around and stews about.

PS....I went back and looked at more pictures from 2009 and still didn't see that.

The yellow shoulder stripes were kinda a big deal in 2009. How odd.

Our shoulder stripes haven't been moving in a good direction in recent years, including this year. I like this look:

Eric+Crouch+02+rose+bowljpg.jpg

Two stripes, low, straight. No stripes on the pants. Don't like these nearly vertical but not quite shoulder stripes, and the wide triple stripes on the pants.

ImaniCross1.jpg?itok=irfxI6ey

• Fire 1

The yellow shoulder stripes were kinda a big deal in 2009. How odd.

Our shoulder stripes haven't been moving in a good direction in recent years, including this year. I like this look:

Eric+Crouch+02+rose+bowljpg.jpg

The only thing that isn't absolute perfection about the 2001 uniforms is the black shoes, imo. Keep accessories white/red, but honestly that still remains the best Nebraska uniform ever.

For the record, I'm on the Under Armour train.

They've had missteps, but they've probably had the highest percentage of really good alternates and original jersey designs compared to bad ones, and they're the new trendy kid on the block that is looking for flagship schools. The only knock on them is their consumer footwear blows, but that doesn't affect me any.

I like alot of Under Armor stuff (except their shoes), specifically the running gear, but I can speak from close knowledge that they aren't perfect either. I've got alot of connections to USF, and when they made the switch from Nike to UA, they had alot of problems. The jerseys tore really easy, and the shoes were garbage. They've also tweaked the uniforms every year it seems like, and they last few changes were just awful. I know they have made improvements in quality since the initial switch, but as I said, nobody is perfect.

BRB:

Do you not notice how the shoulder stripes are a different color than every other white part of the uniform?

JSTMMKCZEBABGIW.20091206031231.JPG

Or how the shoulder stripes on these are closer to going up and down than they are to going horizontal?

Taylor-Martinez-FB-vs-Idaho-SB-200.JPG

More wonky shoulder stripes:

c4s_david042812_220351a.jpg

Tire tread pattern:

ameer-abdullah1.jpg

You are kind of being nit picky on these. The stripes look crooked because of how they are sitting on the shoulder pad after contact and playing. Things aren't going to stay perfectly straight all the time. As far as the tire tread, it doesn't look that bad.

You are kind of being nit picky on these. The stripes look crooked because of how they are sitting on the shoulder pad after contact and playing. Things aren't going to stay perfectly straight all the time. As far as the tire tread, it doesn't look that bad.

Nike's had various textures like that for quite a while too. It's not new or unique.

I wish they would go a different direction.Not sure if they would move into this market but I vote for PUMA. They have really good cleats, sports jerseys & athletic wear for a different kind of football. I don't think the jump to American football would be to hard for them Also some NFL guys already wear soccer cleats because they perfer the feel. It would be nice to see NU set itself apart.

Are all these complaints about fan merchandise? I fail to see how our normal uniforms are poor quality or design.

No, also about actual uniforms. Remember the pee stained shoulder stripes in 2009? The awkward fit in 2010 that we thought was an intentional throwback to the old 70's Johnny Rodgers esque uniforms but actually weren't? The "super ultra mega extreme" tight uniforms that had to stretch so far that the shoulder stripes looked like waves? The weird tire tread pattern the last few years, and then of course the scrabble and duct tape alternates. Other schools have had tons of problems as well.

This is complaining just to complain.

I remember the 2009 stripes. I thought there were cream colored (ya know, scarlet and cream). I have no clue what you are talking about in 2010. As for the "super ultra mega extreme" tight uniforms, everyone is like that. It is done for a reason, so that you can not get held.

Can you talk more about the bad quality? Do our uniforms not breath as well as Nike/UA? Do they tear easier?

• Fire 1