Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

They rebrand for one reason only. To sell more apparel.

That is it.

That and maybe some schools need to be rebranded. This isn't an uncommon thing to do at all levels. The fact that nike is doing it is a cost savings for the school. Some school brands are all over the place and not cohesive.

Maybe. I would agree if we knew that they would prefer Nike or UA. But we do not know that. And do we know that Nike or UA would give the players as much free stuff?

I've actually heard, without knowing for sure if it's true or not, that what Nike withholds in cash they make up for in more non-monetary benefits with swag and such.

According to the linked article earlier in the thread, Nebraska said the total compensation (money & gear) package from "competitors" wasn't close to what adidas offered, so I dunno.

The picture above isnt THAT far off from the current uniform. If you're going to go with an alternate uniform, go off the rails with it. I like the corncob concentp from a couple of years back and many of the blackshirt unis. Slight tweaks like we've seen so far, and those red/black unis, have not looked pretty.

Ask Sean Callahan, Josh Harvey, Bryan Munson, Robin Washut, Dan Hoppen, Michael Bruntz, Nate Clouse, etc. what brand all of the recruits want to wear coming out of high school.

It's always Nike or Under Armor.

We'd be foolish to stick with Adidas.

• Fire 3

The picture above isnt THAT far off from the current uniform. If you're going to go with an alternate uniform, go off the rails with it. I like the corncob concentp from a couple of years back and many of the blackshirt unis. Slight tweaks like we've seen so far, and those red/black unis, have not looked pretty.

I believe this is a concept of what our normal uniforms might look like if we switch to NIKE. It doesn't say anything about alternate unis.

User Actions

Let's say Nebraska DID go with Nike. Next Gen Uniforms put out a concept uniform (ALL WHITES). Retweet if you dig it.

CJZcg5nUMAIfW-C.jpg

Have the feeling this would go over like a fart in church.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. I'm all aboard the switching to Nike or UA train, but those unis are horrid. Between the iron N, the elevated shoulder stripes, the huskers font and the lack of the winning tradition patch, those are fugly.

• Fire 1