Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

Maybe we could keep Adidas but subcontract the alternate uniforms to Nike or Under Armour.

That would never happen. These players aren't even supposed to wear nike shorts to sleep in much less for a game on national tv. It would be a direct violation of the contract between UNL and adidas.

Really? You don't think Adidas will recognize how they f'd our uni's for the last couple of years and let a competitor give it a go? I'm sure they are more reasonable than that.

Maybe we could keep Adidas but subcontract the alternate uniforms to Nike or Under Armour.

That would never happen. These players aren't even supposed to wear nike shorts to sleep in much less for a game on national tv. It would be a direct violation of the contract between UNL and adidas.

Really? You don't think Adidas will recognize how they f'd our uni's for the last couple of years and let a competitor give it a go? I'm sure they are more reasonable than that.

I thought your initial post was a joke. That would never, ever, ever, ever happen.

I thought your initial post was a joke. That would never, ever, ever, ever happen.

I think you guys aren't giving Adidas enough credit. They seem to be open minded to letting any dipsh*t design clothing so it shouldn't be a stretch they would let another brand do it.

I think you guys aren't giving Adidas enough credit. They seem to be open minded to letting any dipsh*t design clothing so it shouldn't be a stretch they would let another brand do it.

Yeah, and they would let Nike and Under Armour put the swoosh or UA on the Huskers uniform for one game a year for no compensation? You don't know much about how business works.

Yeah, and they would let Nike and Under Armour put the swoosh or UA on the Huskers uniform for one game a year for no compensation? You don't know much about how business works.

I do know how business works. I own one. I think Adidas would look at it as a loss leader. They lose money for the one game but they get great recognition for not designing a horrible looking alternate uniform. It's really a win-win

I do know how business works. I own one. I think Adidas would look at it as a loss leader. They lose money for the one game but they get great recognition for not designing a horrible looking alternate uniform. It's really a win-win

So if you paid millions of dollars to be the exclusive uniform and shoe supplier for a large university, you would be completely fine with a competitor giving that university uniforms for "one game" because you don't do a good job designing alternate uniforms for football.

• Fire 1

So if you paid millions of dollars to be the exclusive uniform and shoe supplier for a large university, you would be completely fine with a competitor giving that university uniforms for "one game" because you don't do a good job designing alternate uniforms for football.

Well, they gave Kanye West an apparel deal so this isn't much of a stretch.

As much as some of us might loath Kanye, he is making Adidas a lot of money with his "Yeezy" shoe collection. Giving an apparel deal to one of the most influential musicians in the country doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. Come on, I thought you said you owned a business :)

• Fire 1

As much as some of us might loath Kanye, he is making Adidas a lot of money with his "Yeezy" shoe collection. Giving an apparel deal to one of the most influential musicians in the country doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. Come on, I thought you said you owned a business :)

I thought people could tell when I was joking.

i-dont-know-shrug.gif

I got you.