Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

lol... apparel isnt going to win a title.

Exactly. I never bought the better alt uniforms will bring better recruits. I HATE Alabama, but somehow kids are fine with tradition. You know what brings blue chip recruits more than anything?

1. Winning

2. Being on National TV (related to rule 1).

3. Having players drafted into the NFL.

4. Coaches who have ties to the NFL.

5. Campus atmosphere - Hot girls and nice weather helps this a lot.

6. Relationship with coaches. This is difficult as all the coaches say nice things to parents and kids. MR has an advantage here because he is genuine.

• Fire 1

Exactly. I never bought the better alt uniforms will bring better recruits. I HATE Alabama, but somehow kids are fine with tradition. You know what brings blue chip recruits more than anything?

1. Winning

6. Relationship with coaches. This is difficult as all the coaches say nice things to parents and kids. MR has an advantage here because he is genuine.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Alternate uniforms, almost literally, built Oregon football. They didn't win a National title, but had been incredibly successful until last year.

• Fire 1

1. Winning

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Alternate uniforms, almost literally, built Oregon football. They didn't win a National title, but had been incredibly successful until last year.

That campus IS Nike. Phil Knight is alumni and has a unique relationship with that school. So unless UA is relocating to Nebraska and pouring money into every aspect of that campus that doesn't hold water.

• Fire 1

1. Winning

That campus IS Nike. Phil Knight is alumni and has a unique relationship with that school. So unless UA is relocating to Nebraska and pouring money into every aspect of that campus that doesn't hold water.

I wasn't suggesting it mattered more than the reasons you listed, was just suggesting that alternate uniforms DO matter to some recruits. Although, it probably peaked a few years ago. Kind of comes back to the "look good, feel good, play good" thing.

Adidas should be offering us more because they keep losing all their biggest schools and struggling to keep up (specifically in college football).

College sports is an afterthought in Adidas' overall strategy. Their focus is on International soccer/football, pro basketball, and being a lifestyle brand.

• Fire 1

Adidas should be offering us more because they keep losing all their biggest schools and struggling to keep up (specifically in college football).

College sports is an afterthought in Adidas' overall strategy. Their focus is on International soccer/football, pro basketball, and being a lifestyle brand.

This I absolutely do agree with. For some reason the last contract gave N more flexibility than Nike or UA. Unsure if that will still be the case.

EXACTLY. Why should we be wasting our time with someone who treats our cash cow as an afterthought? That's precisely why they should be offering us obscene amounts of money or we should be hitting the road.

• Fire 1

EXACTLY. Why should we be wasting our time with someone who treats our cash cow as an afterthought? That's precisely why they should be offering us obscene amounts of money or we should be hitting the road.

I've always liked Adidas. Probably always will. You're right though, Nebraska should definitely demand more money here. Even if they don't necessarily need it. We're Nebraska. We're still a big-time program, with plenty to offer your brand. Pay us like it.

I disagree with this thought. Adidas isn't a big time player in college sports because it focuses on other things. They still give great money to the colleges that wear there gear, and NU is getting fair market $ for where their athletic program ranks nationally.

• Fire 1