Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

We all understand that market share (both from a stock market and sales standpoint) isn't going to do much for us? The company could be highly successful in many facets/business segments other than football and it would still be a "bad" deal for us. I mean 10 for $100MM seems good now, but I'd be interested to see what is thrown at other adidas schools when it's time for them to renew. We keep hearing about how we're the flagship school, and that definitely was the case in the 90s/early 2000s, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Adidas is not a distant third. This is dated thought. Nike is reasonably still first, but they are on the way down soon if not now. Adidas appears to be on the way up. As for Under Armour, I don't know what 18 year olds think about them exactly, but their uniforms and issue gear are inferior to Adidas and Nike.

Adidas is ahead of Under Armour on the market so I'm not sure where this distant 3rd came from
His backside.

We're talking specifically about college athletics here y'all - and specifically about perception in regards to uniforms, not about global or country market shares or sales across all products:

Somewhat surprising is the fact that both adidas and Under Armour have exactly 10 deals in place with Power Five schools. Now, if you’re doing your math correctly you’ll notice that Nike’s 44 schools and the other 20 from adidas and Under Armour only adds to 64 schools. That is because Georgia Tech is the only Power 5 school to not wear one of those brands (they wear Russell Athletic).

Partly my opinion that UA makes better defaults and better alternates, and also partly based on which schools each brand has.

Adidas has Nebraska, A&M, Louisville, Miami, Arizona State and Mississippi State as it's biggest schools.

UnderArmour has UCLA, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Auburn, South Carolina, and Texas Tech, which is a better list imo.

^in no way does that add up to distant 3rd. Also cultural perception does have an impact and Adidas is far and away winning that category right now. We are not just talking about uniforms but gear and casual apparel as well. It's really a toss up which group of schools is better so I don't think that is a great argument and how the uniforms look is an opinion. I personally dislike alot of Under Armour alternates and maybe that sways my opinion. But to say Adidas is a very distant 3rd is completely baseless and objectively wrong

^in no way does that add up to distant 3rd. Also cultural perception does have an impact and Adidas is far and away winning that category right now. We are not just talking about uniforms but gear and casual apparel as well. It's really a toss up which group of schools is better so I don't think that is a great argument and how the uniforms look is an opinion. I personally dislike alot of Under Armour alternates and maybe that sways my opinion. But to say Adidas is a very distant 3rd is completely baseless and objectively wrong

Can you show me what casual gear looks good? I haven't bought anything Nebraska related from adidas in years.

10 year for $100M is a joke. Compared with other teams and companies its a slap in the face. With money being so paramount these days hard to imagine just letting Adidas walk all over us with the loyalty we have shown them.

Notre Dame did 10 years/$90M with UA

Michigan did 15 years/$150M with Jordan

UCLA is quite high

I don't see where NU is more deserving of anything larger than what is rumored.

• Fire 2

One thing that really annoys me about Adidas is how they now have the outlet in Gretna but it's like they don't realize what state they are in. Last time I was in there they had ONE NU shirt in the whole store and a couple jerseys on the clearance rack and that was it. I figured that store would be packed with NU gear. :boxosoap

But who knows, maybe Nike and Under Armour would be the same way

One thing that really annoys me about Adidas is how they now have the outlet in Gretna but it's like they don't realize what state they are in. Last time I was in there they had ONE NU shirt in the whole store and a couple jerseys on the clearance rack and that was it. I figured that store would be packed with NU gear. :boxosoap

Usually an outlet store is for UNSOLD items. Not seeing Nebraska apparel is indicative of it being popular in non outlet stores.

10 year for $100M is a joke. Compared with other teams and companies its a slap in the face. With money being so paramount these days hard to imagine just letting Adidas walk all over us with the loyalty we have shown them.

Notre Dame did 10 years/$90M with UA

Michigan did 15 years/$150M with Jordan

UCLA is quite high

I don't see where NU is more deserving of anything larger than what is rumored.

Here is a look comparing Texas, Michigan and Ohio State's apparel deals from 2016.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2016/01/66453/how-ohio-states-15-year-252-million-contract-with-nike-measures-up-to-michigan-texas-deals

OSU 15-year, $252 million
Texas 15-year, $250 million
Michigan 11-year, $122.32 million (w/ a 4 year option)
I don't think a 10-year 100 million dollar contract from Adidas would be a slap in the face.
  • Fire 1

Usually an outlet store is for UNSOLD items. Not seeing Nebraska apparel is indicative of it being popular in non outlet stores.
That's a very good point. Idk why that didn't cross my mind. I'll take a lap

That's a very good point. Idk why that didn't cross my mind. I'll take a lap

I don't know how true that is anymore. For the most part, outlet stores are just places where brands can sell directly to customers. I believe they tend to sell overstock merchandise to places like T.J. Maxx or Marshalls or certain online clearance stores.