Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

Adidas should be offering us more because they keep losing all their biggest schools and struggling to keep up (specifically in college football).

College sports is an afterthought in Adidas' overall strategy. Their focus is on International soccer/football, pro basketball, and being a lifestyle brand.

EXACTLY. Why should we be wasting our time with someone who treats our cash cow as an afterthought? That's precisely why they should be offering us obscene amounts of money or we should be hitting the road.

I've always liked Adidas. Probably always will. You're right though, Nebraska should definitely demand more money here. Even if they don't necessarily need it. We're Nebraska. We're still a big-time program, with plenty to offer your brand. Pay us like it.

The Adidas contract is for the entire athletic department, not just football. While you may think NU is still a big-time football program, the results of the past 15 years say otherwise. Also, other than women's volleyball, the rest of the athletic program has been pretty average to poor the past 15 years, too. I think NU is getting fair market value for their product.

Adidas should be offering us more because they keep losing all their biggest schools and struggling to keep up (specifically in college football).

College sports is an afterthought in Adidas' overall strategy. Their focus is on International soccer/football, pro basketball, and being a lifestyle brand.

EXACTLY. Why should we be wasting our time with someone who treats our cash cow as an afterthought? That's precisely why they should be offering us obscene amounts of money or we should be hitting the road.

You are the biggest hater of adidas here, also one of the biggest "OMG 5 star" guys, where actual field coaching is secondary. Well these guys love the brand, so pick you poison. The brand is great worldwide, your 5 stars love it, who the freak cares about the money, we have more then we can spend clearly with keeping it in the bank and not spending it on coaching. Plus according to my closet I have way more Adidas shoes that have lasted longer then the horse bleep Nike shoes on the market.

You old people need to suck it up if it really bothers you that much. From the younger generation - this is the new, hot stuff. This is what the kids want to wear, and it will continue to be what they want to wear.

I'm an old man and I really like Adidas. Instead of Yeezy's, I like the classic Superstars or Stan Smiths. Nike shoes are way overpriced, and Under Armour can get way too out there with some of their gear.

You are the biggest hater of adidas here, also one of the biggest "OMG 5 star" guys

To the bolded.... :lol: what? I spend very, very little time following recruiting. The only thing I know about 5 stars is that we haven't had one since Baker Steinkuhler but that was at a position he didn't end up playing.

As far as Adidas, I don't hate Adidas at all, but I'm pretty routinely disappointed in their football uniforms and apparel. That's only over the last few years - I loved adidas gear when I was younger and owned tons of it, but these days their shirts don't feel nice or fit nice (for me), their alternate uniforms range from decent to absolutely terrible with the exception of last year's which were pretty good, and their regular jersey material and marketing for our college football team seem lacking compared to their competitors in my opinion.

Adidas is a company that makes sporting and casual apparel. I don't hate companies and I think Adidas is great at the things they focus on and care about. I don't think college football and specifically Nebraska athletics really fall into that category, and I think there are better options for the university. And this is a messageboard that talks about that stuff, so I offer my thoughts.

• Fire 1

You are the biggest hater of adidas here, also one of the biggest "OMG 5 star" guys

To the bolded.... :lol: what? I spend very, very little time following recruiting. The only thing I know about 5 stars is that we haven't had one since Baker Steinkuhler but that was at a position he didn't end up playing.

As far as Adidas, I don't hate Adidas at all, but I'm pretty routinely disappointed in their football uniforms and apparel. That's only over the last few years - I loved adidas gear when I was younger and owned tons of it, but these days their shirts don't feel nice or fit nice (for me), their alternate uniforms range from decent to absolutely terrible with the exception of last year's which were pretty good, and their regular jersey material and marketing for our college football team seem lacking compared to their competitors in my opinion.

Adidas is a company that makes sporting and casual apparel. I don't hate companies and I think Adidas is great at the things they focus on and care about. I don't think college football and specifically Nebraska athletics really fall into that category, and I think there are better options for the university. And this is a messageboard that talks about that stuff, so I offer my thoughts.

What is this "5 star recruit" thing you all speak of? I don't believe I have seen one in these parts.

100% agree. Adidas has focused on becoming a lifestyle brand to try and regain popularity. It has worked, as their sales continue to improve, but that doesn't mean they are also focusing their efforts on college athletics. The success of a company can be mutually exclusive from the success, or lack there of, of one of its business segments.

Adidas has done a great job focusing on marketing to the lifestyle niche, with joint ventures like the yeezys or signing the newest Kardashian, but I haven't really seen anything that makes me believe they are ultra focused on college football/ athletics in general.

Many people point to their growth in sales or market share, relative to Nike, but people fail to realize it is easier to grow and gain market share when you have less to begin with. Also, feel like stock price is a crappy argument as to why we should retain our sponsorship with them, but yet again it is easy for people to grasp.

Other than a few ugly alt uniforms, I like adidas. I think they do a good job with uniforms for all of our sports and I'm happy with the gear available to fans. If we move to Nike, we're just another Nike school. UA - not a fan. Go to the UA site. They don't offer much for the fans to purchase.

Also, I follow many of the recruits on Twitter and they seem pleased with adidas.

• Fire 1