2015 Season Excitement

I've got to say, I'm excited to hear the huddle is coming back to the offense too. This will help everybody communicate a bit more and get on the same page.

I feel it always played against our strength of defense. If we want our defense to be exceptional, why would we run an offense where we could have a 30 sec 3 and out?

Langs commented on this when asked about tempo. He said they basically have 3 tempos they like to use. It's decided during the game with the ebb and flow. If the ad needs, help, we eat the clock. This staff seems to know the subtle nuances that were lost on Bo and Co. IMO, the O and D never complemented each other. It was more "you do your job and I'll do mine" as opposed to assisting and supporting with play calls on both sides ie clock eating to spell the ad or going after the QB o get the TO and the ball back to TA.

Unsure how this will translate to W-L, but I am fonfident we see a more fundamentally sound team, less mistakes, development and professionalism than we have seen. And that's a start.....

Yeah it wasn't sarcasm at all. Henery was the greatest field goal kicker in NCAA history, and I've still never seen someone make a punt die inside the 5 yard line the way he could. Brett was awesome at both as well.

Henery was nails. Wonder if he will try an NFL comeback.

I wonder why he hasn't had the same success. Wonder if they had him workout too much.

Hi,

I decided to post in this thread first, because I have not been this excited about an upcoming football season since 2001. A little about myself, I have been a donor and football season ticket holder for 30 years. I am also

a donor and season ticket holder for Mens Basketball. I have a son and daughter that played college football and volleyball, so I have some insight into the game. I am also friends with a former starting Qb for Nebraska, so

I get some insight into the program from time to time. I was supportive of Frank, Bill and Bo when they were hired, It didn't take but a couple of years to realize that none of them were a good fit for Nebraska. I am excited

about Mike Riley, because I think he is the right guy at the right time. I look forward to talking football with all of you.

• Fire 2

Yeah it wasn't sarcasm at all. Henery was the greatest field goal kicker in NCAA history, and I've still never seen someone make a punt die inside the 5 yard line the way he could. Brett was awesome at both as well.

Yes. WAS.

Roberto Aguayo (2013 and 2014 FSU kicker) is now the record holder I believe. He hit 92.6 percent of his field goals. Henery hit 89.5

Henery was nails. Wonder if he will try an NFL comeback.

I wonder why he hasn't had the same success. Wonder if they had him workout too much.

Never really liked different ball they user in the league

Don't kid yourselves.

Nebraska has been blessed with some excellent punters and kickers over the years. That's not in any way a credit to the previous staff. Nebraska has always had exceptional punters and kickers. Alex Henery is the only reason Bo Pelini started his tenure here in the same 9-4 fashion in which he ended it.

When I say this staff already knows the value of special teams I'm not saying that Nebraska's special teams necessarily sucked in previous years, aside from that very ugly year you pointed out.

I'm saying that the previous staff did not emphasize it as much as the new staff from what I can gather.

It wasn't until that ugly season that Bo finally gave some serious attention to the unit, up to that point, like I said, we've been very blessed to have the guys we've had there. No doubt Foltz, Drew Brown and Pierson-El will continue to bless us.

So let me get this straight. TA's piss poor passing ratio is the offensive line and the wide receivers fault. Yet The Pelini staff gets 0 credit for pretty great Special Teams play and players even though they had to bring some of those players in to achieve said play because "Nebraska just gets good players in that area".

Sorry, I gotta call BS here.

• Fire 2

Very excited about the coming year. The first time in many years. Always want to see Nebraska play, but just never felt the past staff knew what Nebraska was. I think Coach Riley does, embraces it and will do absolutely the best job he can do. No levels to establish for me. I just want him to bring back the respect for the program. Win what ever it takes to accomplish that, keep losses at a minimum of course, but keep us respectable in those losses. I ask nothing more from the man. I think he will do it in spades.

Don't kid yourselves.

Nebraska has been blessed with some excellent punters and kickers over the years. That's not in any way a credit to the previous staff. Nebraska has always had exceptional punters and kickers. Alex Henery is the only reason Bo Pelini started his tenure here in the same 9-4 fashion in which he ended it.

When I say this staff already knows the value of special teams I'm not saying that Nebraska's special teams necessarily sucked in previous years, aside from that very ugly year you pointed out.

I'm saying that the previous staff did not emphasize it as much as the new staff from what I can gather.

It wasn't until that ugly season that Bo finally gave some serious attention to the unit, up to that point, like I said, we've been very blessed to have the guys we've had there. No doubt Foltz, Drew Brown and Pierson-El will continue to bless us.

So let me get this straight. TA's piss poor passing ratio is the offensive line and the wide receivers fault. Yet The Pelini staff gets 0 credit for pretty great Special Teams play and players even though they had to bring some of those players in to achieve said play because "Nebraska just gets good players in that area".

Sorry, I gotta call BS here.

No I blame YOU.

I blame YOU for overlooking the multiple, MULTIPLE times I've said Tommy has his faults. The MULTIPLE times I've said Tommy needs to improve.

I blame you for interpreting my listing of contributing factors to Tommy's struggles as a way of me relinquishing all blame or fault when merely I'm just trying to examine all angles as to what might cause what I think is a very talented QB, to struggle more than I think he should on the field.

TOMMY ARMSTRONG IS NOT PERFECT. TOMMY ARMSTRONG MISREADS COVERAGES, MAKES INCORRECT AUDIBLES, THROWS INTO COVERAGE, DOES NOT THROW A VERY GOOD TOUCH PASS AND NEEDS TO GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF TAKING WHAT THE DEFENSE GIVES HIM INSTEAD OF TRYING TO SCORE ON EVERY PLAY.

I blame YOU, because when I say the new staff puts a little more emphasis on special teams from what I've heard, YOU'VE taken that and now said that I have said Bo Pelini gets 0 credit for special teams play. Even when I acknowledged that they only had one really rough year on special teams and simply made the point that Bo Pelini has been very fortunate in that area. Fortunate in that he did not have to go out and recruit some of the greatest kickers in Husker history. Fortunate that Nebraska has a history of excellent kickers and punters. Fortunate that even without the extra emphasis on coaching and recruiting this aspect, they were still very good due to the skill of the players. 0 credit to the staff? Highly unlikely, I said they didn't put a lot of emphasis on it, but surely they practiced. Surely it was Bo's call when to punt and when to kick. Surely the coaches recognized Henery and Mahers talents and put them in the position to utilize their kicking and punting skills.

Now I'm excited to see what may happen with soem high level talent and a new staff that specifically has a special teams coach. Maybe it all get's just a little more exciting. Maybe it all just looks a little bit better. Hell maybe it will look worse. Who the hell knows......

Nebraska has been blessed with some excellent punters and kickers over the years. That's not in any way a credit to the previous staff.

YOU'VE taken that and now said that I have said Bo Pelini gets 0 credit for special teams play.

Not exactly the same thing but you did kind of say that.

• Fire 2

Hi,

I decided to post in this thread first, because I have not been this excited about an upcoming football season since 2001. A little about myself, I have been a donor and football season ticket holder for 30 years. I am also

a donor and season ticket holder for Mens Basketball. I have a son and daughter that played college football and volleyball, so I have some insight into the game. I am also friends with a former starting Qb for Nebraska, so

I get some insight into the program from time to time. I was supportive of Frank, Bill and Bo when they were hired, It didn't take but a couple of years to realize that none of them were a good fit for Nebraska. I am excited

about Mike Riley, because I think he is the right guy at the right time. I look forward to talking football with all of you.

Welcome aboard. Always good to get new folks with different perspectives. So who is your former starting QB friend?!