"Let's bring Nebraska back." - Bill Snyder

I think NU should try to schedule Colorado and Oklahoma permanently on their schedule. Playing Oklahoma every year would help offset the Big 10 West weenies.

Colorado on the other hand might not help bolster the schedule but it's better than playing McNeese State or (insert FCS school). Or they could play Colorado twice, then KState twice, then Colorado twice, etc...

Yeah, because scheduling 2 Power 5 schools on top of a 9 game B1G schedule makes a lot of sense.

They should be scheduling 3 P5 schools on top of a 9 game conference schedule and that should be the standard for all P5 conferences.

That is just never going to happen

I wish people would be somewhat realistic in their pipe dreams.

What pipe dreams?

Well, what you are proposing is a complete pipe dream.

I think NU should try to schedule Colorado and Oklahoma permanently on their schedule. Playing Oklahoma every year would help offset the Big 10 West weenies.

Colorado on the other hand might not help bolster the schedule but it's better than playing McNeese State or (insert FCS school). Or they could play Colorado twice, then KState twice, then Colorado twice, etc...

Yeah, because scheduling 2 Power 5 schools on top of a 9 game B1G schedule makes a lot of sense.

They should be scheduling 3 P5 schools on top of a 9 game conference schedule and that should be the standard for all P5 conferences.

That is just never going to happen

I wish people would be somewhat realistic in their pipe dreams.

What pipe dreams?

Well, what you are proposing is a complete pipe dream.

Today it doesn't seem realistic. But in a few years when the CFP Selection Committee decides to choose say a Notre Dame that plays more P5 teams than anyone else over a Conference Champion that played 2 MAC teams, you could see a shift.

Plus you will start to see a shift from all conferences not scheduling the FCS schools. It's already happening and will continue to gain momentum as the public begins to scrutinize scheduling more.

Schools don't need the 7th home game anymore as much as they used to because of larger TV deals, apparel deals, etc. In addition, it's not as lucrative as it once was to sign patsies. They are commanding more and more $$ to take a beating on the road.

Then you have all of the talk of conferences expanding even larger and fans are going to demand the schools within the conference to play each other more often almost guarantees more games against P5 competition.

I'm not saying it will happen in a year or 2 but I can see it taking place within the next decade fore sure.

The B12 is dying on the Vine. Yes, the B10 west is not that more attractive than some of the old B8 schools and NU's 2016 B1G schedule is a snoozer aside from away games at Wisc and OSU. Illinois, at NW, at Indiana, Purdue. I guess the positive is you get visits in Chicago and Indy as opposed to Ames and Manhattan (ks).

I really have a feeling Delaney and other B10 suits have OU and Kansas teed up which is great for NU. They got the markets out east in the last round and now they need content with historically top tier programs for football & basketball. Big TV markets can't drive expansion alone and you need content (good teams) to increase the value of the conference, BTN and other intangibles.

• Fire 2

I heard on Game Day yesterday, one of the little 5 conference commissioners said they should stop playing Power 5 teams completely. Play with in their group, possibly make TV deals to play in the spring or on Thursday nights. So the chances of it changing to 9 conference games and 3 P5 teams is a possibility.

The only way the group of 5 stops playing the power 5 is if we re-tier things again. I can see this happening in the next 5 years but it would take a pretty big effort for it to pass. If that were to happen one of two outcomes are necessary.

1) The Big 12 not only has to survive, it needs to get bigger and better. By that I mean add like 6 schools. Even if its Boise State, Houston etc. they will have to live on for a top tier like that to work.

2) The Mountain West would have to improve drastically and take the remnants of the Big 12 and probably merge with the AAC.

In the end you would have the SEC, ACC, Big Ten, Pac and Big 12 or MW/AAC in one tier accounting for roughly 70 teams in the top tier. Then the MAC, Sun Belt, CUSA maybe AAC and or MW accounting for another 70 or so teams in the next tier.

End result is no more independents so Notre Dame would have no choice.

The ACC and Big 12 may have to merge at some point if they want to survive the next round of realignment.

Two different problems too.

Big XII is just a mess with bad politics and land mass, ACC is filled with a great bunch of schools that like basketball and don't have many alumni(fans).

ACC has one school with an enrollment over 30K and that is FSU. The Big Ten has 12 schools over 30K and 8 or 9 schools over 40K.

The ACC and Big 12 may have to merge at some point if they want to survive the next round of realignment.

Two different problems too.

Big XII is just a mess with bad politics and land mass, ACC is filled with a great bunch of schools that like basketball and don't have many alumni(fans).

ACC has one school with an enrollment over 30K and that is FSU. The Big Ten has 12 schools over 30K and 8 or 9 schools over 40K.

Man UNL's tiny.