"Let's bring Nebraska back." - Bill Snyder

I think NU should try to schedule Colorado and Oklahoma permanently on their schedule. Playing Oklahoma every year would help offset the Big 10 West weenies.

Colorado on the other hand might not help bolster the schedule but it's better than playing McNeese State or (insert FCS school). Or they could play Colorado twice, then KState twice, then Colorado twice, etc...

Yeah, because scheduling 2 Power 5 schools on top of a 9 game B1G schedule makes a lot of sense.

If they expand then there's a championship game. Hey, I just miss our rivalries and short road trips.

If they expand by 2 teams, what other team would join Nebraska in boarding a sinking ship?

We have no rivalries left in the Big 12. Kansas and K-State and ISU were historically our punching bags, not equals, no matter what a purple clad D-Bag tells you. Texas was not our rival, we just hated what eachother believed was best for the other. OU WAS our rival but they let that die for Texas. The rest of the Texas schools aren't our rivals one bit. West Virginia.....no. Colorado and Mizzou were rivals, but they have left the sinking ship like we did. So really, there is nothing but some nostalgia left.

• Fire 5

a1243ccd67932a02f2bddc03cf5ad904.jpg

Would be a horrible decision. Better academic reputation for the school. Minnesota, wisconsin, and iowa are upgrades/bigger names compared to isu, ksu, cu, and mizzou, though the difficulty (between B1G west and big 12 north) is probably the same. Most OU fans never considered Nebraska a rival in the modern era. The money is coming soon. There has been less recruiting in TX, but the previous staff was able to get a 4 star RB Adam Taylor out of there year 2 in the big ten, compared to 4 star RB's Burkhead and Aaron Green back when they were in the big 12 conf. Plus TCU and Baylor would make recruiting TX more difficult. Only downsides are a tougher basketball schedule and longer road trips.

I miss all the Big 8 teams. I do not miss the Big 12 and its allegiance to Texas at all.

It is far more likely that the Big Ten expands rather than Nebraska going back to the Big 12.

I honestly feel within the next decade the Big Ten will expand to include some/if not all the old Big 8 teams. Not only to appease Nebraska (similar to what they did for Penn State with the additions of Maryland & Rutgers), but to ultimately create a super conference, and one that could potentially surround the SEC from both the West and the North.

• Fire 4

If Delaney and the Big Ten bring in Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and convince Missouri to ditch the SEC for the Big 10....

...well than there is your new BIG 10 of 20 teams in 10 team divisions locking down the great plains, the midwest, and the northeast.

a1243ccd67932a02f2bddc03cf5ad904.jpg

Would be a horrible decision. Better academic reputation for the school. Minnesota, wisconsin, and iowa are upgrades/bigger names compared to isu, ksu, cu, and mizzou, though the difficulty (between B1G west and big 12 north) is probably the same. Most OU fans never considered Nebraska a rival in the modern era. The money is coming soon. There has been less recruiting in TX, but the previous staff was able to get a 4 star RB Adam Taylor out of there year 2 in the big ten, compared to 4 star RB's Burkhead and Aaron Green back when they were in the big 12 conf. Plus TCU and Baylor would make recruiting TX more difficult. Only downsides are a tougher basketball schedule and longer road trips.

I'm sorry, but urine bombs aside, CU has a very good academic reputation. Especially in low temperature physics.

If Delaney and the Big Ten bring in Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and convince Missouri to ditch the SEC for the Big 10....

...well than there is your new BIG 10 of 20 teams in 10 team divisions locking down the great plains, the midwest, and the northeast.

This is my wet dream

I have to admit I miss the old Big 8 conference. I miss the traditional games I went to and listened to on the radio, but those days are gone. We are in a better conference, no going back.

I still do see, as I said many years ago, 16 team conferences with all the big boys in them. The Big 12 would be eaten alive.

I have to admit I miss the old Big 8 conference. I miss the traditional games I went to and listened to on the radio, but those days are gone. We are in a better conference, no going back.

I still do see, as I said many years ago, 16 team conferences with all the big boys in them. The Big 12 would be eaten alive.

I miss the Big 8 too, playing OU every year, the option...

crying-indian-o.gif

As much as I miss Nebraska-Oklahoma every year the formation of the Big 12 from 8 killed that. So I'm used to not having it every year. Big 12 made their bed giving into all of Texas' demands. Meanwhile the Huskers joining the B1G have upgraded the athletics department in every way. Nebraska came out on top, and needs to stay there.

• Fire 2

I know the staunch "go back to the big 12" contingent of Husker fans is a minority, but I honestly think all that it will take to put that away for good is a more consistent product on the field. No more blowouts to Wisconsin, a conference championship or some top 10 finishes would quickly wash away some of that pining nostalgia. I really do wish we could've gotten a team like OU rather than f'ing Rutgers, but I guess we have to just live with that now.

• Fire 1