"Let's bring Nebraska back." - Bill Snyder

I think NU should try to schedule Colorado and Oklahoma permanently on their schedule. Playing Oklahoma every year would help offset the Big 10 West weenies.

Colorado on the other hand might not help bolster the schedule but it's better than playing McNeese State or (insert FCS school). Or they could play Colorado twice, then KState twice, then Colorado twice, etc...

Yeah, because scheduling 2 Power 5 schools on top of a 9 game B1G schedule makes a lot of sense.

So you are an advocate of scheduling patsies? You a Bill Snyder apologist?

Frick, don't act like a 9 game schedule in the big 10 is hellacious.

Especially if the draw was indiana, rutgers, and maryland. Then you have purdue, illinois, northwestern, and if the schedule had colorado on it...

Too me a tough schedule makes perfect sense. Why shy away from playing better comp?

I get it though, really, I think I have a good grasp on who you are.

I think NU should try to schedule Colorado and Oklahoma permanently on their schedule. Playing Oklahoma every year would help offset the Big 10 West weenies.

Colorado on the other hand might not help bolster the schedule but it's better than playing McNeese State or (insert FCS school). Or they could play Colorado twice, then KState twice, then Colorado twice, etc...

Yeah, because scheduling 2 Power 5 schools on top of a 9 game B1G schedule makes a lot of sense.

Especially if the draw was indiana, rutgers, and maryland. Then you have purdue, illinois, northwestern, and if the schedule had colorado on it...

Too me a tough schedule makes perfect sense. Why shy away from playing better comp?

You know who he is as a person because he wants us to ease into a season?

There's little/no benefit in playing an extremely tough schedule. If you win all your games and you're in a power 5, you go to the playoff. There's nothing wrong with caring about getting to championship games instead of caring about how horrible our regular schedule was to get through.

• Fire 1

There's little/no benefit in playing an extremely tough schedule. If you win all your games and you're in a power 5, you go to the playoff. There's nothing wrong with caring about getting to championship games instead of caring about how horrible our regular schedule was to get through.

That's wrong. So far from the truth, I can't even tell you how astounded I am.

Why would someone want to play patsies, then make the playoff, get hammered, and still feel good about themselves? Wasn't the whole point of knocking on Boise State because they only played 1 good team a year in those runs. Now all of a sudden it's ok to schedule crap teams so NU has a better shot of getting to the playoff?! Haha, NU really has fallen deep down to irrelevancy if thats the case.

I mean the way the divisions used to be set up with the protected cross over game with PSU and having Michigan with Michigan State in the same division as NU, I can see scheduling a little bit softer.

However, no team in the Big10 West besides NU is really an annual "tough out". Exception is, Wisconsin because of what Alvarez has done with that program. The Big 10 West is worse than the old Big12 North.

Why would someone want to play patsies, then make the playoff, get hammered, and still feel good about themselves? Wasn't the whole point of knocking on Boise State because they only played 1 good team a year in those runs. Now all of a sudden it's ok to schedule crap teams so NU has a better shot of getting to the playoff?! Haha, NU really has fallen deep down to irrelevancy if thats the case.

I mean the way the divisions used to be set up with the protected cross over game with PSU and having Michigan with Michigan State in the same division as NU, I can see scheduling a little bit softer.

However, no team in the Big10 West besides NU is really an annual "tough out". Exception is, Wisconsin because of what Alvarez has done with that program. The Big 10 West is worse than the old Big12 North.

It can't be "far from the truth." It's an opinion. There's no "true" here. With 9 conference games there will be plenty of tough opponents every year, then a conference championship game, and then a playoff game. Boise State is a horrible comparison. The conference they were in doesn't even compare to the Big 10 West or Big 12 North. A better comparison would be pretty much any of the major conference teams. Most that I can think of have a big non conference match up every once in awhile. Not every year. There are of course exceptions like Notre Dame.

That being said I don't consider Colorado to be a tough opponent (at least not now).

What would you call a good SOS? Last year, the 4 teams (FSU, Oregon, Bama and tOSU) in the playoffs had a final SOS of 21, 20, 2 and 29. At the beginning of the year, they were 47, 49, 95, and 35. Baylor and TCU, who both missed the playoff because of no CCG had a final ranking of 59 and 51. They were ranked 67 and 30 at the beginning of the year.

If Delaney and the Big Ten bring in Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and convince Missouri to ditch the SEC for the Big 10....

...well than there is your new BIG 10 of 20 teams in 10 team divisions locking down the great plains, the midwest, and the northeast.

This is my wet dream

I would rather see Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Missouri, Baylor, Kansas & TCU. ISU, OSU & KSU can join Conference USA.

I don't see the allure of third-world backwater towns like Manhattan, KS, Lawrence, KS or Ames, IA. Norman is a carbuncle on Oklahoma City's ass, Oklahoma City isn't nice at all, nor is Columbia, MO. Boulder was about the only "nice" destination game, and nothing in the Big Ten is going to beat that town.

But I'll take Minneapolis over anything in Kansas, I'll take Columbus, OH over anything in Oklahoma, I'll take Chicago over anything in Texas. The road trip destinations in the Big Ten are, across the board, filled with better things to do than in the Big XII.

I don't see the allure of third-world backwater towns like Manhattan, KS, Lawrence, KS or Ames, IA. Norman is a carbuncle on Oklahoma City's ass, Oklahoma City isn't nice at all, nor is Columbia, MO. Boulder was about the only "nice" destination game, and nothing in the Big Ten is going to beat that town.

But I'll take Minneapolis over anything in Kansas, I'll take Columbus, OH over anything in Oklahoma, I'll take Chicago over anything in Texas. The road trip destinations in the Big Ten are, across the board, filled with better things to do than in the Big XII.

Minnesota is horrible in my opinion but my point is just the distance factor.

ISU

KU

KSU

Those were all within like 3-4 hours.

I guess I kind of like the college town feel too. I am not a huge fan of the city type campus.

It's funny, because ISU, KU & KSU were the schools that banded together in the 1990s and recruited Texas and their buddies to join the Big XII, screwing Nebraska over in the process. I've posted the links before, all about how they were concerned about Nebraska's growing power and influence.

I wouldn't give those schools a dime of my money for a road game. They made their choice, let them live with it.

This whole Big 12 North is better than or equal to the Big Ten West argument is nomsense.

Wisconsin

Iowa

Minnesota

Northwestern

Illinois

Purdue

Vs

Mizzou

Colorado

KSU

Kansas

Iowa State

I can promise you 90% of the time the above road of teams is going to be a tougher slate than the bottom. Sure SEC Mizzou is stronger than its former version but thats about it since KSU is teetering on falling back into irrelelvancy once Grandpa Bill retired again.

It's funny, because ISU, KU & KSU were the schools that banded together in the 1990s and recruited Texas and their buddies to join the Big XII, screwing Nebraska over in the process. I've posted the links before, all about how they were concerned about Nebraska's growing power and influence.

I wouldn't give those schools a dime of my money for a road game. They made their choice, let them live with it.

I see what you are saying. It is just that none of that stuff bothers me. I go to games for fun and screwing around with my friends. I never think of it in terms of a boycott or anything like that. I would rather go have fun at a Husker game vs KSU as opposed to not having fun.

^This, so much this

The talks down here in Oklahoma is that the Big 12 won't last another 5 years, especially if they bring in the teams that they are discussing about. There are also talks about OU going to the SEC once again.

The only reason why I would want to go back to the Big 12 is so that I only have to drive about 10 miles to watch NU-OU and 50 miles for NU-OSU. Oh and the big 12 conference games for baseball is a 10 minute drive. Other then that, screw the Big 12.