The Repub Debate

All I know is - like referenced in the one article - if they really offered a full refund for anyone who was feeling overwhelmed in the course that should be the end of the entire case right there. Scams don't offer refunds.

Seriously???? that is the criteria you are using to decide this wasn't a fraud?

Based on everything that I have read, there is no reason for me to believe that Trump University was a Ponzi scheme to try to talk people out of their money.

Ummm.....well.....there is a big reason why you don't think this is a Ponzi scheme......it's because a Ponzi scheme is a completely different type of scam.

Good job.

All I know is - like referenced in the one article - if they really offered a full refund for anyone who was feeling overwhelmed in the course that should be the end of the entire case right there. Scams don't offer refunds.

Seriously???? that is the criteria you are using to decide this wasn't a fraud?

That, along with the dozens of testimonies I have watched and read from people who said that they learned great information from the seminars.

So I'm trying to understand you... You told me that you're a business-man... How do you succeed in your business with such an employee mindset?

I agree there's a rush to judgement on Donald Trump at the moment that borders on overkill, and some of it is certainly unfair.

But take away all the smoke, and there's still a lot of fire.

Really dire warnings from informed non-partisans.

There are so many reasons not to trust this man with our country that it's kinda mind-blowing we're even having this discussion.

Even if it were so, look at your other option... That's more than enough reason to consider, well... About anyone else.

I'm having one hell of a problem figuring out which is worse.

They both lie constantly and will say and do whatever it takes to reach their end goal no matter who stands in the way. And....both of them have this group of followers that keep trying their best to defend them.

Nobody likes the lesser of two evil elections, and this may be the worst in history.

But the often craven political calculation of the Clintons has typically resulted in mainstream compromise. They use polls and analytics and consultants and legislative math to make their decisions rather than burning ideological passion, and while this has always made them seem like cold, career wonks (not to mention hypocrites), the end result is a pretty good snapshot of what most of America wants and/or can live with. And before you freak out about that claim, study their actual policy decisions and voting records rather than repeating the right wing memes.

If Donald Trump wants to Make America Great Again, he needs to pick the years we were great and try to replicate them.

He could do worse than the 1990s, and of course he will.

So I would definitely err on the side of Hillary Clinton.

• Fire 1

Also, BigRedBuster, to answer your question with a straight forward answer:

scam
noun
a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
Former Trump University Students: ‘We Never Felt Pressured’

“I see and hear there are former Trump University students coming out and I have to sit back and think to myself, if they were given the same information, the same education, the same opportunity, how come they didn’t have the same results? And I think that’s because you have to take action upon yourself. You have to go out and make it happen.”

I agree there's a rush to judgement on Donald Trump at the moment that borders on overkill, and some of it is certainly unfair.

But take away all the smoke, and there's still a lot of fire.

Really dire warnings from informed non-partisans.

There are so many reasons not to trust this man with our country that it's kinda mind-blowing we're even having this discussion.

Even if it were so, look at your other option... That's more than enough reason to consider, well... About anyone else.

I'm having one hell of a problem figuring out which is worse.

They both lie constantly and will say and do whatever it takes to reach their end goal no matter who stands in the way. And....both of them have this group of followers that keep trying their best to defend them.

Nobody likes the lesser of two evil elections, and this may be the worst in history.

But the often craven political calculation of the Clintons has typically resulted in mainstream compromise. They use polls and analytics and consultants and legislative math to make their decisions rather than burning ideological passion, and while this has always made them seem like cold, career wonks (not to mention hypocrites), the end result is a pretty good snapshot of what most of America wants and/or can live with. And before you freak out about that claim, study their actual policy decisions and voting records rather than repeating the right wing memes.

If Donald Trump wants to Make America Great Again, he needs to pick the years we were great and try to replicate them.

He could do worse than the 1990s, and of course he will.

So I would definitely err on the side of Hillary Clinton.

I can see your argument.

And on top of that, we wouldn't have a President that flies off the handle acting like a 4 year old anytime anyone even has the audacity to question is greatness. I'm beginning to think Trump and Kim Jung Un have a lot in common.

scam
noun

“I see and hear there are former Trump University students coming out and I have to sit back and think to myself, if they were given the same information, the same education, the same opportunity, how come they didn’t have the same results? And I think that’s because you have to take action upon yourself. You have to go out and make it happen.”

Never mind that it was against NY law to call the organization a "University".

scam
noun

Gotcha. I guess fine him for that and move on, because that's as bad as this should ever get.

scam
noun

Gotcha. I guess fine him for that and move on, because that's as bad as this should ever get.

Fine....move on to yet another immature bald face lie Trump puts out.

There's plenty to choose from since he has been proven to be the most dishonest person still in the race.

Actually, it makes complete sense for a scam like Trump University to offer a refund. The students that demand a refund are the most likely to sue so giving them a refund could save them millions in a lawsuit. What I find surprising is the number of students that received or attempted to receive a refund:

The more apparent inconsistency is that Covais–seeking to demonstrate that Trump University had an accommodating refund policy–declared that the company had issued 2,144 refunds to 6,698 attendees of the $1,495 three-day program, or 32%. That a third of the customers demanded refunds is hard to reconcile with a claimed 98% satisfaction rate, especially since the mass of plaintiffs now suing claimed that they, too, wanted refunds but were, they claimed, told they could not get them because they did not ask for them within 72 hours of the first day of participating in a program. Similarly, the refund rate for the $34,995 program, which according to the lawsuits was tougher on giving money back, was 16%. If at least 31% of one group and 16% of the other were so instantly dissatisfied that they immediately demanded refunds, how could 98% have been satisfied?

Link

Actually, it makes complete sense for a scam like Trump University to offer a refund. The students that demand a refund are the most likely to sue so giving them a refund could save them millions in a lawsuit. What I find surprising is the number of students that received or attempted to receive a refund:

The more apparent inconsistency is that Covais–seeking to demonstrate that Trump University had an accommodating refund policy–declared that the company had issued 2,144 refunds to 6,698 attendees of the $1,495 three-day program, or 32%. That a third of the customers demanded refunds is hard to reconcile with a claimed 98% satisfaction rate, especially since the mass of plaintiffs now suing claimed that they, too, wanted refunds but were, they claimed, told they could not get them because they did not ask for them within 72 hours of the first day of participating in a program. Similarly, the refund rate for the $34,995 program, which according to the lawsuits was tougher on giving money back, was 16%. If at least 31% of one group and 16% of the other were so instantly dissatisfied that they immediately demanded refunds, how could 98% have been satisfied?

Link

If only they offered refunds at public universities... There would be closer to 80% that would demand a refund considering that's approximately the number that don't even get a job in their degree field. But since that's the societal norm, for some reason, people keep pushing kids to college even though the student loan debt will set them back.

Link

If only they offered refunds at public universities... There would be closer to 80% that would demand a refund considering that's approximately the number that don't even get a job in their degree field. But since that's the societal norm, for some reason, people keep pushing kids to college even though the student loan debt will set them back.

You can typically withdraw from courses for about a month after the semester begins with no penalty. So they do... Further more universities are accredited.
  • Fire 1