The Repub Debate

FYI:

Only 27% of college graduates get a job in their career field of study.

AND

51% of college grads work jobs that don't require a college degree

Sounds like a great idea to go to college. ZRod, your hyperbole of "if you don't have a college degree you get to work at McDonald's" is simply inaccurate, but that's the message our society pushes on us, so i guess i can't blame you.

Personally, I'm a proponent that more people need to be looking into entrepreneurship instead of just finding jobs, but that isn't taught in schools unfortunately... There simply aren't enough jobs (and good jobs) for people anymore with technology and outsourcing of our factories that's been occurring.

Lots of companies that post jobs that don't require a college degree to perform still prefer people with college degrees. I know people who have experienced this when applying for administrative assistant jobs.

What would you say is the cost of the cheapest company one could start and make enough money to live on? IIRC you often say people should just start their own businesses but that tends to require money. Most people work up to something like that with time.

People can start a business and build a livable or even luxurious income in network marketing, but many people are uneducated about that industry so are guarded against it.

In traditional business, i would recommend a franchise to any beginning entrepreneur (not McDonald's or big chains like that). Smaller franchises can be started for $50-100k, which is less than most pay for college, and those can provide livable, if not very solid incomes.

People paying that for college are usually getting it from loans. It's far easier to get a college loan than a loan to start a business (maybe that's the problem?). $50k-100k requires you to have had a good job or some kind of collateral (which usually requires you to have had a good job).

That's exactly one of the problems. Lack of financial and entrepreneurship education in schools is the largest problem.

Which is where a good network marketing company can help fill the gap, not only in income, but mostly in business knowledge and entrepreneurial mindset.

Starting to think you sell either Mary Kay or Tupperware and are only a few posts away about sharing an exciting opportunity for someone that doesn't have an "employee mindset" :)

I get that you are trying to be funny but that is exactly what I mean by people being completely misinformed about network marketing.

FYI:

AND

Sounds like a great idea to go to college. ZRod, your hyperbole of "if you don't have a college degree you get to work at McDonald's" is simply inaccurate, but that's the message our society pushes on us, so i guess i can't blame you.

Personally, I'm a proponent that more people need to be looking into entrepreneurship instead of just finding jobs, but that isn't taught in schools unfortunately... There simply aren't enough jobs (and good jobs) for people anymore with technology and outsourcing of our factories that's been occurring.

Lots of companies that post jobs that don't require a college degree to perform still prefer people with college degrees. I know people who have experienced this when applying for administrative assistant jobs.

What would you say is the cost of the cheapest company one could start and make enough money to live on? IIRC you often say people should just start their own businesses but that tends to require money. Most people work up to something like that with time.

People can start a business and build a livable or even luxurious income in network marketing, but many people are uneducated about that industry so are guarded against it.

In traditional business, i would recommend a franchise to any beginning entrepreneur (not McDonald's or big chains like that). Smaller franchises can be started for $50-100k, which is less than most pay for college, and those can provide livable, if not very solid incomes.

People paying that for college are usually getting it from loans. It's far easier to get a college loan than a loan to start a business (maybe that's the problem?). $50k-100k requires you to have had a good job or some kind of collateral (which usually requires you to have had a good job).

That's exactly one of the problems. Lack of financial and entrepreneurship education in schools is the largest problem.

Which is where a good network marketing company can help fill the gap, not only in income, but mostly in business knowledge and entrepreneurial mindset.

Starting to think you sell either Mary Kay or Tupperware and are only a few posts away about sharing an exciting opportunity for someone that doesn't have an "employee mindset" :)

I get that you are trying to be funny but that is exactly what I mean by people being completely misinformed about network marketing.

You're right, I'm just trying to be funny. Nothing personal.

But now I'm curious. What is in my comment that shows complete misinformation? Maybe I'm thinking of something completely different...

People *without* higher education are much more likely to be unable to make a career in anything other than the specific trade for which they've been trained. I don't think, by and large, this is desirable. Education is a good thing.

I agree in principle. But the same could be argued of almost anyone with a career. There are very few generalists who change careers three + times who amount to much. That's partly why grad degrees are becoming so important. They offer more tangible skills and certifications.

Education is good for a lot of reasons, though. The key is to stop government subsidies that are actually driving up the cost of education and functioning more as a pay out to special interests in education and banking than as a benefit to poor students.

FYI:

AND

Sounds like something someone being misled by a pyramid scheme would say.

Funhusker, the perception that network marketers are always looking to pounce at any moment. There definitely are those types, but that's not how it's supposed to be done.

Like pressuring those who can't afford it to raise their credit limits and max out their cards and then also asking them for a great evaluation?

• Fire 1

FYI:

AND

50-100k is not less than most pay for college. It's probably on point with what most pay, and they then reciever an education which can never be taken away from them. A businesses can go under pretty quick. If you're successful entrepreneurship can be great, but it's a gamble 90 percent of start ups loose. Unlike an education which will always be there for you to fall back on.

That's all 1950s ideology that most of the time doesn't apply today. That's what we're taught from the time we're in diapers, so that's the information people regurgitate.

Play it safe.

Go to college.

Get a good job with benefits.

Work somewhere you don't necessarily like for 40 years, building someone else's dream, and hopefully you can retire if you're lucky and live on 40% of the income you struggled to live on in the first place.

The idea that a majority of businesses fail is true, which is the benefit of finding a quality franchise, idea, or MLM to go into to begin with. And what I've observed is that most people think too small in business. Anytime i think about business moves, one of the first things i think about is how to scale it, make it bigger, and make it run without my constant presence. THAT is how to properly do business.

Sounds like something someone being misled by a pyramid scheme would say.

Stupid statement of the century right here.

There was in interesting interview with some professors from Stanford that were promoting a class on app development. A lot of the students in the class would develop some pretty decent apps that started to become profitable and they would drop out of school so they could continue working full time on the the apps and new ones. The professors came under some heat for basically encouraging the students to do just that, leave school and continue working on the apps.

The professors basically said, they learned what they needed to learn and now they want to go make money.

"And now they want to go and be productive"

I agree with that prof and you teachercd; I think if he puts it that way, which is equally accurate, people would have less trouble with it.

Well, some people. I'm sure the profs, admins and bankers who are getting paid off of career students hate the idea.

"And now they want to go and be productive"

I agree with that prof and you teachercd; I think if he puts it that way, which is equally accurate, people would have less trouble with it.

Well, some people. I'm sure the profs, admins and bankers who are getting paid off of career students hate the idea.

No kidding! Well...I guess the tenured Profs don't care! Those ones never get canned!

I'll be the first to admit that there are too many kids that try to go to a 4 year college and expect greatness once they are out. They don't take it seriously and they have no clue what they want to do. I'll easily also admit that college is way too expensive.

But, to sit here and claim that because there is some statistic claiming that a certain percentage of people don't get jobs in their field is a reason why college is a joke is preposterous. Just because you don't get a job in that exact field doesn't mean college was a waste. I guess I would be a part of that statistic. I went to college for Agri-business. I wanted to some how be in the cattle business....probably managing a feedlot. Well, that didn't work out. I got a job with a different type of company and my career went elsewhere. However, if I hadn't gone to college, I would have never gotten the job I did get.

Also, just because kids fail after college to get the job they want, doesn't mean the college was worthless. Many times it's the effort the kid puts into it that was totally worthless. College isn't going to sit there and hold your hand and guarantee you success. There were kids who took the exact same classes I did but was way more serious about school. They ended up getting much better jobs out of college.

And......the claim that network marketing is somehow a greater opportunity than going to college is so astronomically idiotic that I'm starting to believe you aren't even serious about this discussion.

• Fire 3

:backtotopic Back on topic. I'm amused by some of Newt's comments lately. After being spoken of as a strong VP pic, he has made several comments critical of Trump. This after being an almost apologist for the guy during the primaries. Maybe he is seeing the 'stain on the wall' that being associated wt Trump in any role isn't an image/legacy builder.

• Fire 1