The Repub Debate

And of course you don't have to meet the legal definition of fraud to be unethical and dishonest.

I actually think being a notorious golf cheat goes more to character.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/does-donald-trump-cheat-at-golf-a-washington-post-investigation/2015/09/02/f8a940b2-50c4-11e5-9812-92d5948a40f8_story.html

Not GOLF!!! Damn Guy, you just changed my mind. There's no way I could ever vote for someone who cheats at golf!

That, along with the dozens of testimonies I have watched and read from people who said that they learned great information from the seminars.

So I'm trying to understand you... You told me that you're a business-man... How do you succeed in your business with such an employee mindset?

I can film a video showering Trump University as an amazing learning experience and a tremendous asset for my business acumen and put it on Youtube. Of course I never did anything related to Trump U, but that doesn't stop me from lying about it. You've got to be careful and somewhat skeptical of public testimonials. By contrast, recollections of the program in depositions are taken under oath.

Within the last hour, CNN ran a story that a former employee said in her deposition they frowned upon her National Guard service and she felt she was fired because of her military service. That would be a federal offense.

Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt in our legal system. Innocent until proven guilty, all of that. We'll have to see how this thing plays out. But it's really hard to not say this think stinks to high heaven.

All I know is - like referenced in the one article - if they really offered a full refund for anyone who was feeling overwhelmed in the course that should be the end of the entire case right there. Scams don't offer refunds.

Actually, it makes complete sense for a scam like Trump University to offer a refund. The students that demand a refund are the most likely to sue so giving them a refund could save them millions in a lawsuit. What I find surprising is the number of students that received or attempted to receive a refund:

The more apparent inconsistency is that Covais–seeking to demonstrate that Trump University had an accommodating refund policy–declared that the company had issued 2,144 refunds to 6,698 attendees of the $1,495 three-day program, or 32%. That a third of the customers demanded refunds is hard to reconcile with a claimed 98% satisfaction rate, especially since the mass of plaintiffs now suing claimed that they, too, wanted refunds but were, they claimed, told they could not get them because they did not ask for them within 72 hours of the first day of participating in a program. Similarly, the refund rate for the $34,995 program, which according to the lawsuits was tougher on giving money back, was 16%. If at least 31% of one group and 16% of the other were so instantly dissatisfied that they immediately demanded refunds, how could 98% have been satisfied?

Link

This link says that it was over 40% of students that got refunded.

All I know is - like referenced in the one article - if they really offered a full refund for anyone who was feeling overwhelmed in the course that should be the end of the entire case right there. Scams don't offer refunds.

Actually, it makes complete sense for a scam like Trump University to offer a refund. The students that demand a refund are the most likely to sue so giving them a refund could save them millions in a lawsuit. What I find surprising is the number of students that received or attempted to receive a refund:

The more apparent inconsistency is that Covais–seeking to demonstrate that Trump University had an accommodating refund policy–declared that the company had issued 2,144 refunds to 6,698 attendees of the $1,495 three-day program, or 32%. That a third of the customers demanded refunds is hard to reconcile with a claimed 98% satisfaction rate, especially since the mass of plaintiffs now suing claimed that they, too, wanted refunds but were, they claimed, told they could not get them because they did not ask for them within 72 hours of the first day of participating in a program. Similarly, the refund rate for the $34,995 program, which according to the lawsuits was tougher on giving money back, was 16%. If at least 31% of one group and 16% of the other were so instantly dissatisfied that they immediately demanded refunds, how could 98% have been satisfied?

Link

If only they offered refunds at public universities... There would be closer to 80% that would demand a refund considering that's approximately the number that don't even get a job in their degree field. But since that's the societal norm, for some reason, people keep pushing kids to college even though the student loan debt will set them back.

Hmmmmm.....

Your posts are starting to sound like Trumps comments.

I stood within two feet of Donald Trump at the 2000 Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

Did you witness any fights between Bob Barker and a certain professional golfer?

Bill Murray hooked a drive right over our heads as we were walking around looking for a place to stand, then he came by and chatted with us for a few minutes. He's a very normal dude.

We ended up standing next to the 11th green. Kevin Costner was there, acting like Roy McAvoy, and the crowd on the #12 tee box gave a HUGE roar for him when he launched his drive.

Tiger Woods was there, and I think he had Ken Griffey Jr. in his group. Which was cool.

Nothing Trump did on the 11th green made me want to not vote for him.

• Fire 1

Link

If only they offered refunds at public universities... There would be closer to 80% that would demand a refund considering that's approximately the number that don't even get a job in their degree field. But since that's the societal norm, for some reason, people keep pushing kids to college even though the student loan debt will set them back.

Hmmmmm.....

You could look back to a couple of years ago and I would've already said that public universities are a waste of money for a vast majority of the population and I maintain that.

The more apparent inconsistency is that Covaisseeking to demonstrate that Trump University had an accommodating refund policydeclared that the company had issued 2,144 refunds to 6,698 attendees of the $1,495 three-day program, or 32%. That a third of the customers demanded refunds is hard to reconcile with a claimed 98% satisfaction rate, especially since the mass of plaintiffs now suing claimed that they, too, wanted refunds but were, they claimed, told they could not get them because they did not ask for them within 72 hours of the first day of participating in a program. Similarly, the refund rate for the $34,995 program, which according to the lawsuits was tougher on giving money back, was 16%. If at least 31% of one group and 16% of the other were so instantly dissatisfied that they immediately demanded refunds, how could 98% have been satisfied?

Link

Hmmmmm.....

You could look back to a couple of years ago and I would've already said that public universities are a waste of money for a vast majority of the population and I maintain that.
Yeah... enginees, accountants, scientist, lawyers, psychologist, sociologist, buisness professionals, botanists, doctors, nurses, dentist, teachers... probably a waste.

I mean there's nothing wrong with working at McDonalds... but if you want a job that is going to allow you to grow, earn good pay, have decent hours, and not ruin your body... you probably need a college degree or some post secondary education.

Link

Hmmmmm.....

I'm not that interested in your personal opinion about if a college degree is worth it or not. I'm more interested in your over exaggeration of the statistic that 80% of college graduates never get a job in their field.

According to a November 2013 study by website CareerBuilder, about one-third (31 percent) of college-educated American workers age 35 and older are never employed within their degree field.

LINK

It's something that the Trumpster does often. Either over exaggerate something or flat out make something up.

• Fire 1

FYI:

Only 27% of college graduates get a job in their career field of study.

AND

51% of college grads work jobs that don't require a college degree

Sounds like a great idea to go to college. ZRod, your hyperbole of "if you don't have a college degree you get to work at McDonald's" is simply inaccurate, but that's the message our society pushes on us, so i guess i can't blame you.

Personally, I'm a proponent that more people need to be looking into entrepreneurship instead of just finding jobs, but that isn't taught in schools unfortunately... There simply aren't enough jobs (and good jobs) for people anymore with technology and outsourcing of our factories that's been occurring.

FYI:

Only 27% of college graduates get a job in their career field of study.

AND

51% of college grads work jobs that don't require a college degree

Sounds like a great idea to go to college. ZRod, your hyperbole of "if you don't have a college degree you get to work at McDonald's" is simply inaccurate, but that's the message our society pushes on us, so i guess i can't blame you.

Personally, I'm a proponent that more people need to be looking into entrepreneurship instead of just finding jobs, but that isn't taught in schools unfortunately... There simply aren't enough jobs (and good jobs) for people anymore with technology and outsourcing of our factories that's been occurring.

Lots of companies that post jobs that don't require a college degree to perform still prefer people with college degrees. I know people who have experienced this when applying for administrative assistant jobs.

What would you say is the cost of the cheapest company one could start and make enough money to live on? IIRC you often say people should just start their own businesses but that tends to require money. Most people work up to something like that with time.