The Repub Debate

Once again, no one said anything about torturing innocent people. You said that, not me.

You support the idea that we should "go after" the friends and family of terrorists. So anyone a terrorist cares for can also be tortured. No one a terrorist cares for can be innocent, right? By this logic no one that an evil person cares for is innocent, even if they don't return the affection. You're clearly not seeing that this could be taken further and further until anyone could potentially be tortured. Either because you don't know how to read or you're unable to process what you're reading.

You are coming across as just a tad bit rude.

Someone not agreeing with you is probably not a reason for your last sentence.

And you constantly come off as obnoxious when you disagree with someone and can only resort to sarcasm.

Fair! I apologize. I am assuming that you do as well?

No answers to questions??? I'm trying to understand. :dunno

You don't like Trumps wife?

Got it....you have no real meaningful response to real questions about your stance on this.

Well, you kind of just attacked his wife for really no reason.

I greatly apologize to her. If she sees my post above, she will now see this one and I hope I haven't offended her too much.

Now.....no interest in answering the questions posed about your stance?

Pot, meet kettle.

This thread keeps getting better!

Hey...the most important thing is that terrorists are treated with respect and give cold milk and warm cookies!

(Who will be the first to think this is serious)

Do you think we have the Keystone Cops and Frank Drebin on the cases?

Shoot...who was the Ron that did that public access show in Lincoln...Long grayish hair?

I apologize for these hurtful remarks. I assume that you also apologize for yours?

Got it....you have no real meaningful response to real questions about your stance on this.

I greatly apologize to her. If she sees my post above, she will now see this one and I hope I haven't offended her too much.

Wasn't it about Trump and if you backed him? I don't back him.

Once again, no one said anything about torturing innocent people. You said that, not me.

You support the idea that we should "go after" the friends and family of terrorists. So anyone a terrorist cares for can also be tortured. No one a terrorist cares for can be innocent, right? By this logic no one that an evil person cares for is innocent, even if they don't return the affection. You're clearly not seeing that this could be taken further and further until anyone could potentially be tortured. Either because you don't know how to read or you're unable to process what you're reading.

And you constantly come off as obnoxious when you disagree with someone and can only resort to sarcasm.

The reason for sarcasm in this case is because it's somewhat pointless to argue with people whose minds are made up and are grasping at illogical reasons to be against something.

To your most recent point that "if I'm not willing to do it myself I don't think my government should do it":

I don't know you in order to pick that one apart, so I'll use myself.

Could I torture a terrorist myself in order to attempt to extract information? Probably not. But there are people who would, and that info could be extremely useful and save a lot of lives.

Could I shoot someone in war and feel good about it? I don't think so. I think I'd have nightmares about it for the rest of my life. But I'm glad there are people willing to do it so we can all live a free life.

If everyone used the logic "I only want the government to do what I'd be willing to do", there would be an enormous and riculous range of peoples' opinion of morality that it would be scary..... Which apparently there is.

RED PART.....and this is the gist of this entire conversation. You really don't have any idea if the information is useful or not. In your post, you even use the world "could" indicating this question in your head. I am not comfortable with our government torturing people just on the whim that maybe we might be able to get some useful information.

Bold part....I don't know of anyone from the military that "feels good" about killing anyone. They might feel comfortable with the reasoning behind it and realize that it was justified in the act of war. But, I doubt very seriously if the "Feel good" about it.

• Fire 2

Are you really trying to avoid the questions in the conversation?

If you don't have answers...that's fair. I would understand.

But, the conversation did start about Trump but went to who is for allowing our government to torture people and I thought you were for that.

Maybe I'm wrong about your stance.

But, the conversation did start about allowing our government to torture people and I thought you were for that.

I am for that. I just don't know if I am a Trump backer. I thought your question was for Trump backers.

The reason for sarcasm in this case is because it's somewhat pointless to argue with people whose minds are made up and are grasping at illogical reasons to be against something.

To your most recent point that "if I'm not willing to do it myself I don't think my government should do it":

I don't know you in order to pick that one apart, so I'll use myself.

Could I torture a terrorist myself in order to attempt to extract information? Probably not. But there are people who would, and that info could be extremely useful and save a lot of lives.

Could I shoot someone in war and feel good about it? I don't think so. I think I'd have nightmares about it for the rest of my life. But I'm glad there are people willing to do it so we can all live a free life.

If everyone used the logic "I only want the government to do what I'd be willing to do", there would be an enormous and riculous range of peoples' opinion of morality that it would be scary..... Which apparently there is.

RED PART.....and this is the gist of this entire conversation. You really don't have any idea if the information is useful or not. In your post, you even use the world "could" indicating this question in your head. I am not comfortable with our government torturing people just on the whim that maybe we might be able to get some useful information.

Bold part....I don't know of anyone from the military that "feels good" about killing anyone. They might feel comfortable with the reasoning behind it and realize that it was justified in the act of war. But, I doubt very seriously if the "Feel good" about it.

Red part - I'd rather have the information than not, just in case.

Bold part - We basically said the same thing.

But, the conversation did start about allowing our government to torture people and I thought you were for that.

I am for that. I just don't know if I am a Trump backer. I thought your question was for Trump backers.

So....no desire to answer the questions about supporting torture?

America....

Where people with bold stances on important issues are ridiculed.

I have no problem ridiculing people with ridiculously bold stances based on myths and promoted by people who promote those stances for personal gain (politicians).

This is America which I am very proud to say is the best country in the history of the world.

It's the best country in large part because you have the freedom to have bold stances and I have the freedom to ridicule them.

• Fire 1

America....

Where people with bold stances on important issues are ridiculed.

Hey...the most important thing is that terrorists are treated with respect and give cold milk and warm cookies!

(Who will be the first to think this is serious)

Ironically enough, David Petraeus.

McCain said he spoke with Petraeus on Monday morning, who told him the best way to get information is to be a friend of the prisoner and develop a relationship over time.

Link