The Repub Debate

No answers to questions??? I'm trying to understand. :dunno

You don't like Trumps wife?

Got it....you have no real meaningful response to real questions about your stance on this.

Well, you kind of just attacked his wife for really no reason.

I greatly apologize to her. If she sees my post above, she will now see this one and I hope I haven't offended her too much.

Now.....no interest in answering the questions posed about your stance?

Wasn't it about Trump and if you backed him? I don't back him.

Are you really trying to avoid the questions in the conversation?

If you don't have answers...that's fair. I would understand.

But, the conversation did start about allowing our government to torture people and I thought you were for that.

Maybe I'm wrong about your stance.

I am for that. I just don't know if I am a Trump backer. I thought your question was for Trump backers.

So....no desire to answer the questions about supporting torture?

I did...I support it.

:backtotopic sounds like a thread of its own needs to be developed by the last 2 pages of posts.

So, is Rubio finished, Does Kasich have a snowball's chance of making hay after finishing 2nd - besides Trump are there any other winners from NH.

Rubio needs a huge finish in SC and has to win Florida.

Kasich, the south will do him in. He'll fade after his limited time in the sun.

Cruz came out a winner by 'winning' an unexpected 3rd place - NH isn't his kind of state.

If Rubio fades in SC and Nevada, look for Cruz to gain much of his support during super Tuesday. Rubio has gotten endorsements from the political leaders of SC - we'll see how much weight those endorsements

help. It appears his debate flub is right up there wt the Dan Quayle's poor 1988 VP debate against Lloyd Benson and the infamous 'you're no John Kennedy' comeback statement by Benson that put Quayle in his place - not ready for the big time.

:backtotopic sounds like a thread of its own needs to be developed by the last 2 pages of posts.

So, is Rubio finished, Does Kasich have a snowball's chance of making hay after finishing 2nd - besides Trump are there any other winners from NH.

Rubio needs a huge finish in SC and has to win Florida.

Kasich, the south will do him in. He'll fade after his limited time in the sun.

Cruz came out a winner by 'winning' an unexpected 3rd place - NH isn't his kind of state.

If Rubio fades in SC and Nevada, look for Cruz to gain much of his support during super Tuesday. Rubio has gotten endorsements from the political leaders of SC - we'll see how much weight those endorsements

help. It appears his debate flub is right up there wt the Dan Quayle's poor 1988 VP debate against Lloyd Benson and the infamous 'you're no John Kennedy' comeback statement by Benson that put Quayle in his place - not ready for the big time.

Kasich was surprising...I do think Rubio could be done but stranger things have happened.

Putting aside the troubling consequences of letting politicians decide who is or isn't a "bad guy" who deserves to be deprived of their humanity...

I wouldn't be OK with our government torturing enemy combatants. We're a civilized nation. To abandon that is cowardice. I understand why citizens upon whom this idea of an existential struggle against evil has been foisted for years would cling to their baser instincts, but so long as we are not yet Putin's Russia I think that deserves full measure of rebuke.

No one should be tortured, and no citizens of this Earth should permit or root for this to be happen.

• Fire 2

So then the questions?

1. Who decides what the definition of torture is or what is torture?

I mean, don't you think some people feel that handcuffs, zip ties, a jail cell, a small mattress,might be considered torture?

You may have missed the discussion on the Geneva Convention or the United Nations convention on torture in HS history class.

If so....

LINK

LINK

There's a lot more info on the internet if you search for it.

• Fire 1

So then the questions?

I mean, don't you think some people feel that handcuffs, zip ties, a jail cell, a small mattress,might be considered torture?

You may have missed the discussion on the Geneva Convention or the United Nations convention on torture in HS history class.

If so....

LINK

LINK

Ugggg

Clearly we are talking about if there was a change.

So then the questions?

If so....

LINK

LINK

Ugggg

Who is suggesting a change?

So then the questions?

If so....

LINK

LINK

Ugggg

It seemed like Moraine, Knapp and Zoogs were. I could be wrong, perhaps they are not.

I am as well...For me personally it would be "torture" to be in a cell or be handcuffed.

Also, like we tell students, no Wikipedia! (We do tell them that, over and over)

So then the questions?

If so....

LINK

LINK

Ugggg

It seemed like Moraine, Knapp and Zoogs were. I could be wrong, perhaps they are not.

I am as well...For me personally it would be "torture" to be in a cell or be handcuffed.

Also, like we tell students, no Wikipedia! (We do tell them that, over and over)

No.